Last Strand of Sanity

Hold It! That's My Creampuff!

Chapter 6
Last Strand of Sanity

[Before you start reading, I want to inform you that I have made some changes in the sneak peaks of the last chapter... it's not because I ran out of ideas, it's just because this chapter got too long before I even got to the second peak. Call it, moving the other peaks to the next chapter. Still no photos for this one because this isn't my laptop so I have no pictures on my database. Enjoy chapter 6, because I am hell sure that you will]


I am probably the meanest person alive right now... well maybe the meanest person to Changmin. Curious? Well my mind has been hell screwed up ever since the *aherm* incident at the cafe a few days ago. Yes it was a few days ago. I didn't come to school the next two days because I didn't want to see his face. Hyoyeon was texting me like crazy asking if I wanted the copy to our homework. Yuri and Sunny were just bugging me about the incident with Changmin, but I still wasn't ready to tell them.

I sighed and turned off the computer after surfing the internet for the whole day now. I checked the time on the wall clock and saw that i was already 7 PM. In any minute now my mom is gonna call me down for dinner, so I might as well beat her to it by going to the kitchen now.

I went out of the room and was already halfway down the spiral stairs when I heard voices at the front door. I stopped and listened for a while. I didn't mean to eavesdrop, but I was curious.

"I'm so glad you could come to dinner, maybe then we can discuss this whole thing?" My father had asked.

I didn't know we were having someone over for dinner...

"Why of course, why not right?" An unfamiliar voice answered. If my calculations are correct, the man was either younger or older than appa by a few years judging by his voice.

From where I was standing, I was hidden from the view of the people in the living room because of the wall divider that seperated it, but the dining room was only a turn away because of the open archway it provided for entrance.

I looked towards the dining room(which were used whenever there were visitors) and saw Gwen settle down some plates and food made by my mom. That's weird. My mom is using her best china and best wine glasses shipped from europe, plus the spoons and forks Gwen was setting down were made of pure silver.

This made me confused of who our guests were and was about to completely go down the stairs to find out when my appa spoke up.

"Max! I'm so glad you could come too. How was school?"

I froze... then I remembered what my umma had said when I first came to the cafe.

"That's why Max has the guts to say that because his dad has hold on this cafe for a year..."

If my memory doesn't fail me, there's only one person that my mom had called by the name Max and it's...

"It was okay uncle."

Changmin! Oh what is he doing here!? Someone just hide me!!

I heard a woman laugh. "Busy with soccer as usual." She added. It must have been Changmin's mother! And the man who spoke earlier must have been his father! His family is here!?

I started to panick and look around for escape. I was about to go back up the stairs when a familiar voice interupted me.

"What are you doing at the staircase Sooyoung?"

I looked down at the bottom of the stairs and found Yoonmi standing with her hands on her hips.

I listened to them talk and then heard footsteps coming over my way. I was panicking like crazy now. I didn't want him to see me here! Especially not in short shorts and white button down polo shirt!

"Ah, Yoonmi-sshi, if my appa or umma asks for me, tell them I'm already asleep." I said rushing back up the stairs, not even waiting for Yoonmi to say anything because I heard my appa say, "My daughter is still upstairs, I'll have someone call her down" right when I was at the top.

I rushed to my room and threw myself on the bed pretending to be asleep, but not before turning the lights off. My heart was beating like crazy. I didn't know what to do. Aigoo he's here! My mind is still not clear of his *aherm* abuse, yet he's here! In my house! I wish a big hole would just open up under me and me in because I don't want to live in this world anymore!

A few minutes later I heard the door open and the voice of my mother echoed through the room. She said in a soft voice, "Sooyoung-ah, we have visitors. Go down and eat dinner with us."

I pretended to grumble and make my voice sound as sleepy as it could. "I'm tired umma. Just have Gwen or Claire bring me my dinner." I said rolling over to my side, my body almost at the edge of the bed.

"Yah Sooyoung, our visitors are important. Go down." She said in a stern voice... or at least trying to be stern voice. I caught the hint of amusement in her tone. She probably thinks I didn't know that it was Changmin who was downstairs.

"Umma not now..." I replied covering myself with the sheets.

I heard her sigh and the door close. I inwardly did a victory dance for escaping that ordeal and decided to just go to bed as early as this because there is no way in hell am I going downstairs to eat dinner with him! I'll just wake up later and sneak some food from the kitchen, or maybe I can use the other stairs to go there. I have to wait 'till they leave though because they would see me through the archway of the kitchen to the dining room. Stupid architect. If only he used doors instead of archways I wouldn't have to suffer right now.

I closed my eyes and began to drift off to sleep when I heard the door to my bedroom open again. I decided to ignore my mother and pretended to sleep when I felt the other side of my bed dip down because of her weight.

I heaved a heavy sigh and said in the best tired voice I could fake, "Umma, I told you I'm not hungry..." I whined my eyes still closed.

"Since when did you not become hungry?"

My eyes shot open and I fell off the bed because of shock. Booming laughter roared through my dark room as I stayed on the floor hoping I was already asleep and this was just a dream. Maybe if I closed my eyes and opened them again, I would return to real life.

I heard shuffling on my bed and saw Changmin's head pop out from the edge. "Are you planning to continue sleep down there?"

My eyes widened. Oh dear lord, it wasn't just a dream at all. He was really in here. Not only in my house, but also in my room, on top of my bed!

He laughed and got off, helping me up to my feet. I was too shocked to think that I just let him grab my hand and pull me up. He held my shoulders and looked at me intently. "Yah, you look like you saw a ghost... a devilishly handsome ghost." He smirked, causing me to snap out of my thoughts.

"Yah! W-what are you d-doing here!?" I asked trying not to stutter, but failed to do so.

"I'm here for dinner, isn't that obvious? Your dad invited my family over to eat." He replied flatly, sitting down on my bed. He looked at my state scanning his eyes all over my body and I swear I would have melted under his gaze. Oh god is he checking me out?

He smiled, making me blush madly. "You're cute when you blush."

Before I could even retort he grabbed my wrist and pulled me down to sit on his lap. I was struggling to break free, but he locked his arms around my waist to prevent me from standing up. I grabbed his shoulders and tried to push up, but his hold only grew tighter.

"Why are you avoiding me?" He asked, staring deep into my eyes.

I tried pushing again, but this time he only pulled me closer. "Who said I was avoiding you? I was sick for the past few days!" I denied, still trying to push away and the blush getting deeper. His face was so near mine that I could smell his minty fresh breath.

His iron grip tightened even more to the point that I could no longer even out my breathing. My heart was fighting to burst out of my rib cage and by this time I already gave up trying to break free. Though my hands were still placed on each of his shoulder.

"Auntie said you were perfectly fine and just didn't feel like going to school. Your appa didn't mind it because he knew you had good grades and that it was still just the first week of class. Where's the sick in that?" He asked, his face becoming serious now.

"I..." I trailed off trying to think of an answer.

He smirked and rolled me over to the bed, hovering above me. He grabbed my wrists and pulled them on top of my head so I couldn't do anything funny, while his legs clamped mine shut. It was such a weird position and my face couldn't get redder than it already was. At least my legs weren't spread out right? That would at least give me reassurance that he wouldn't me... in my own house! With his and my parents just downstairs! Oh what if he is gonna me!?

"Get off." I demanded squirming under him, but he was too strong.

"You know you're making me want you more with your ignorance right? You bruised my ego a lot of times and publicly humiliated me more than once." He lowered his face to mine, and stared at my eyes. "But it's annoying that I still want you for it."

With that said, he crushed his lips on mine for the second time this week. Like the last time, struggling was rendered useless because of his grip on my wrist. And also... unlike the last time, I actually felt the 'wanting me' that he says. I've never had any boy wanting me in my life (aside from my father) so you could imagine the feeling of it the first time.

Just once, maybe I could let selfishness and desires take over me. Just for tonight... tomorrow I will be back to my old self and the two of us will start bickering again. Yeah... just once.

I closed my eyes and started to kiss him back. Yes I kissed him back and he was surprised. I could tell because his whole body tensed.

He chuckled as his body relaxed and started to move his lips on mine, and I... well I was just copying his own movements. Our lips were molding into eachother as if they were really meant for it. My heart was having a riot right now and it took all of my well being to keep my brain calm even if I was on the brink of insanity already.

His grip loosened on my wrist and I took this as an oppurtunity to slip my hands out. Originally, I wanted to push him away, but my arms had a mind of its own. Instead of stopping this thing from getting any further, my arms s around his neck and pulled him closer. I felt him smile through the kiss as he moved his other hand to play with my thick hair.

I was enjoying it... and yes I was really giiving in to my selfish desires as I kissed him. I even tilted my head to give him a little more access to my not-so-innocent lips anymore.

He bit my lower lip, making me gasp in surprise. His tongue suddenly shot through my mouth and oh my god did it feel really wierd to have someone else's tongue in your mouth! I felt tingly all over, like electricity was coarsing through my body spiraling me into the farthest wormhole of the galaxy. He touched every inch of his tongue inside my mouth, and when he found my own flesh he started to play with it making me feel extra wierd! At first I didn't respond because I didn't know how to, but he kept on playing with it so I just followed what he was doing. The next thing I knew we were already engaged in a tongue battle.

He won, I lost. We broke the kiss a few minutes later for air and stared into each other's eyes. Maybe if we started off on better terms... this could be more. I mean what if he's just playing around? He looks like the type to do so anyway.

"..." He cursed making me confused as to why he did. Was I a bad kisser?

 I cocked an eyebrow at him as if to throw him the question, which he immediately understood. "Nothing." He reassured leaning in for another kiss. I gave in yet again and willingly responded, by kissing him back... again.

I shuffled for a more comfortable position and brought my leg up when I accidentally brushed his... you know... and what the hell is that!?

I broke the kiss and looked at him with a horrified expression.

He groaned and stared at me. "I'm a boy what did you expect?" He looked away, and I could see that his face was red.  "Plus you look hot in what you're wearing right now..." He mumbled inaudibly but loud enough for me to hear.

The heat rushed to my face again. I swear this boy could be the sole reason why I might wake up in the assylum the next day.

A round of silence engulfed us as we just lay there in that weird position. I can't take my mind off the thing that was bulging in his pants and I know that he is well aware of this too. I wanted to at least get out of there before anything happens so I shuffled. I was about to say something when the door to my room swung open and the lights flickered on. Our heads wipped over to that direction and was shocked to see my mom with another woman.

"Sooyoung-ah is Max he- oh..."

My mom trailed off seeing the weird position we were in.

"Umma..." Changmin muttered.

I was urging him to get off me, but he didn't budge. I glared at him and tried to push, but he firmly planted himself on top of me. It was bad because he pushed his hips down and I could feel the bulge grazing my thighs. "What are you doing? Get off me." I hissed through gritted teeth.

He snapped his head towards me and replied, "I can't. Do you want them to see me aroused?"

"And you think I'm not comfortable with knowing that you are?" I snapped keeping my voice low.

"You're different. They're our mothers."

We both turned our heads towards their direction with a horrified look on my face and the best grin he could muster up on his.

"We thought you were taking a long time to fetch Sooyoung so we decided to stop by before going to my room to give Chanmi the... is this a wrong time?" My mom asked.

None of us were able to answer. Thank god Changmin's mom interupted.

"Maybe we should just go to your room and get that box Jun-sshi..."

My mom nodded and closed the door slowly. Changmin sighed and rolled off of me as I covered my face with a pillow. "Aigoo, that was embarassing."

"Uhm Sooyoung?" Changmin called out.

"What?" I asked turning to him.

"Where's the bathroom?"

I arched my eyebrows and my eyes trailed down to his crotch. I shut my eyes tight and pointed my thumb over to my bathroom. He stood from the bed and rushed off to the bathroom and yeah... I had an idea on what he was about to do and I must say it was disturbing on so many levels. I shuddered and went to my walk-in closet and grabbed a pair of jeans to replace my short shorts.

I came out of my room before him. He knew where I was going any way so I will not wait for him at all.

I went downstairs and into the dining room. My appa was sitting at the head of the table with another man sitting across him. They both stood up when I entered, so I bowed.

"This is Sooyoung." My appa introduced.

"I've been wanting to meet you for a long time now. I only managed to see pictures." The man laughed. He knows me?

"Sooyoung this is Changmin's father, Baek."

"It's nice to meet you Baek-sshi." I greeted bowing down again.

He and my father sat down and laughed. "Please Sooyoung-ah, just call me uncle."

"Nae..." I agreed, but I was so unsure. What the hell is going on? Why are Changmin's parents here in my house right now? I sense there is something wierd going on in here.

"Oh Max! Sit, sit." My appa had exclaimed.

"Thank you uncle Duyeon." He thanked before brushing past me and sitting at the chair just in front of me.

"Sooyoung, why don't you take a seat too?" Appa offered.

I stared at the scene in front of me, before hesitantly taking the empty seat right beside Changmin. He was grinning from ear to ear as he looked at me while our fathers were busy talking about business.

Our mothers came in with Changmin's mom holding a small box in her hand. They took the seat across me and Changmin and smiled at my confused expression.

"Let's eat dinner." My mom had said.

With that, they started to eat, while I... well I didn't even touch th row of food laid out in front of me. What the hell is going on and why are they so casual with each other? Oh my gosh my head is spinning right now. I couldn't take it.

"What the hell is going on here!?" I screamed slamming my hands down on the table at the same time that I stood. "You guys were so casual about making me Changmin's personal maid and didn't tell him I was your daughter. Then I find out his family is here and he just went inside my room, yet umma brushed it off as nothing, plus uncle Baek just said he has seen pictures of me!"

I was throwing a tantrum. I know. It was rude in front of our guests but I was wondering why they were doing this. I turned to look at Changmin and saw that he was smiling as he forked meat and put it in his mouth.

"Sooyoung I will not tolerate you talking like that in front of our guests!" My appa scolded.

I was about to say something when uncle Baek cut me off. "No we understand."

Changmin's mom nodded her head. "Nae... I guess we've kept her in the dark a little too much don't you think?"

I turned to her quizically and then to my mother, begging her for answers with my eyes.

"Let's finish dinner first, then we'll explain. Okay dear?" My mom suggested in a soft voice.

I turned to Changmin again and saw that he was purposely stuffing his mouth with food. "Omo, this is delicious auntie!" He exclaimed, then turned to me giving me a wink.

I glared at him. It was obvious. He knew something yet he was not telling me anything at all. I was gonna get my answers later whether they want to or not.

I sat back down and stared at my empty plate. I had suddenly lost my apetite because of all the questions going on in my mind. Then suddenly, I saw food appearing on my plate one-by-one. I was confused at first, then I realized it was Changmin. He was putting food on my plate.

I looked up with wide eyes.

"You need to eat if you don't want to faint when you find out the news." He said.

I just stared at him in disbelief. Why is he doing this all of a sudden? And wait. He knew that I was really my parent's daughter!? Welll that's an obvious fact, by you know what I mean. I was just hell confused. My parents didn't seem to mind what he did and continued with what they were doing with their business.

I brushed my thoughts off and decided to eat the food Changmin gave me. After dinner I will have my answer, whether they want me to know or not.

After dinner we all went to the family room. They made me sit on the love seat with Changmin, while our mothers and fathers took up the outstretched couch. They were going to tell me what is going on and finally shed some light on this whole situation.

"Dear..." My mother started. "Your transfer in SM High wasn't really about the fact that it was near the new cafe. And no, you're aunt Min (Donghae's mother and my mom's sister) had nothing to do with it too."

My eyebrows arched up. "Get to the point umma." I told her sternly. I was not a patient person and I especially don't like suspense. Heck I hate suspense! I can live without it thank you very much.

"We'll just show you instead." Changmin's mom had said, putting a small velvet box on the table and pushing it towards me. I had a good idea of what it was, but I was wondering what it was FOR.

"Open it Sooyoung, it's yours." Appa told me.

I looked up to them, baffled by what they were trying to deliver and took the box from the table. I held it in my right hand and slowly opened it to reveal a beautiful silver ring lined with small diamonds with a sapphire topping the whole thing. I had an idea of what was going on, but I needed to hear it from them.

I turned to Changmin beside me, who was staring off into some place. I looked towards our parents and saw our mother's smiling and our father's with a serious expression on their faces. "For what is this?"

They were quiet and didn't say a single word. Changmin was the one who moved beside me and took the ring out of the box. Without warning he grabbed my left hand and slipped the ring on my ring finger. My heart skipped a beat and I felt the color drain out of my system.

"You're engaged to Max dear." My whole world crumbled apart as those words escaped the lips of my mother.

"Mwo?" I squeeked.

I felt arms drape around my shoulder and I knew who it belonged to. I turned to him, only to meet the huge grin spread on his face. "My future wife is so adorable." He cooed giving me a light peck on the cheek. I was too shocked to even react. My eyes trailed down on the ring on my left hand. I was engaged... I was engaged! To Shim Changmin!

The world spun, moving in places it shouldn't. I felt so light headed as if I hadn't eaten dinner. My palms started to sweat and it was as if air wasn't seeping in to my system fast enough. The next thing I knew everything went black after feeling warmth engulf my whole body.

"Sooyoung!" Changmin's voice was the last thing I heard as it echoed through my mind.


Sneak Peaks of Upcoming Chapter:

"I warned you not to touch other people's property."

~

"I knew you were auntie's daughter. I was just messing with you."

~

"You are not allowed to take this ring off your hand. Ever."

 


This story may not be plagiarized or copied in any way. If done so, I will raise hell and hunt you down.
Genre: Comedy Romance || Humor || Friendship || School Life || Teen Drama