Utter Chaos

Hold It! That's My Creampuff!

Chapter 2
Utter Chaos


I woke up earlier than usual today. Well a minute earlier than usual but you get my point.

I stared at the digital wall clock hanging right at the foot of my bed.

7:04 AM. It read. By now I should be making my way towards the bathroom to get ready, but I'm just too lazy to even get out of bed. Maybe if I closed my eyes and slept for just a few more minutes...

"Sooyoung-ah! Get up and get ready for school!" Our head maid, Yoonmi scolded from the other side of the door.

My eyes immediately popped open at the sudden disturbance. I had half-a-mind to ignore her and drown her voice in the humm of my thoughts but it seems like she had other plans.

"Sooyoung-ah if you don't get out of that room in 20 seconds I am gonna have Bongchul break down your door!

If you're wondering, Bongchul is our gardener with extremely strong arms. Not to mention a heavy chains saw that can cut through anything. That would mean splinters everywhere if her door were to be broken down by the gardener.

"One!"

I scampered out of the bed.

"Two!"

I stumbled across the room to reach the door.

"Three!"

I reached for the doorknob and swung it open revealing Yoonmi in all her wrinkly glory.

I'm sorry I guess I forgot to mention that Yoonmi was already an ajhusshi. She's been working in our family for over 40 years now. She was even there when my mom was still a little kid. Strange right? But she's the family's most trusted maid.

"Fo- oh. Better."

She looked at me up and down before turning around. "You're mom wants you downstairs in 20 minutes flat."

I groaned, but didn't complain.

Without anther word I dragged my feet into my bathroom and the hot water. The warm liquid trickling down my body relaxed my dull muscles and made me sleepier than I already am. I can't have the so I decided to do one of the most stupid things in my life...

I turned the hot water off and switched it to cold water.

I nearly jumped from my tub when the icy cold drop of liquid touched my skin. My teeth was chattering under the shower and my knees were shaking when I got out of it. I noticed my bed was already made up and that my uniform was already on top of it, neatly ironed and gently placed on the sheets.

Did I forget to mention we had a few maids around the house?

Well I'll mention it now.

We don't have a mansion, but the house is big (and very modern especially the kitchen) so we need a few maids (and a gardener) to maintain it whenever we are out of town or out of the country. Yoonmi was one of them and the other two were Claire and Gwen. The other two maids are french and were hired by appa from France. They don't speak korean or english so we have no way in understanding each other (aside from a few hand gestures here and there) because as far as I'm concerned my french is tres miserable.

I tightened the tie around my neck and checked myself out on my full body mirror. Satisfied with how I looked, I decided to check on the digital wall clock to see how long I took.

Exactly 20 minutes.

I went out of the room and was greeted by Gwen who were dusting the antique vases of he second floor lobby.

"Bonjour madame."

I returned her greeting with a smile because, like I said, I had no idea what she just said. But I'm pretty sure that was good morning or something like that.

I made my way down the staircase and went inside the dining room. No one was there as usual because we rarely use this room unless we had some visitors over for dinner... which was rare because families are the only ones who visits and yet they are still a little too busy to do so.

At the farthest wall of the dining room was an archway that revealed the expensive kitchen of my mom. I could already smell breakfast in the air as I went closer and closer.

I poked my head inside the kitchen and found my dad sitting on one of the barstools with a cup of coffee in one hand and a tablet in another hand probably reading reports. My mom was behind the stove cooking our meal while humming a joyous tone.

"I smell breakfast." I said taking a seat next to appa.

He put down his tablet and coffee and dug his hand into one of his pockets. He took out his wallet and pulled out a few bills and handed it over to me.

"Your week's allowance."

I stared at the money in my hand and scowled. "Appa! I won't survive a week in this private school with only 10 000 won in my hands."

"Oh I thoughht I gave you more." Appa had said looking at the bills in my hand.

He took out some more from his pocket and gave it to me.

"Appa! Do you have any idea how expnsive the food is in schools like this? 15 000 won won't cut it." I whined.

"You must learn to earn you're own money from now on Sooyoung. I didn't raise a spoiled child and that," he pointed to the money in my hand, "is your payement for working in the cafe yesterday."

He put his wallet back inside his pants and went back to reading reports on his tablet.

I was frustrated, but I really had no more choice. Appa did mention during summer that he's not giving me my daily allowance and will instead pay me my wages for working in the cafe.

Great right?

In my old school I had too much money that I don't know what to do with it and now in this new school I have so less money that I won't survive without eating six times a day.

"Don't be too harsh on you're daughter." Eomma had said setting my plate of breakfast in front of me.

"She needs to learn that money doesn't just grow on trees."

Appa's voice was stern so me and my mom really had nothing more to say or do except keep quiet and eat breakfast.

We ate quietly as usual with only the constant sound of dad sipping his coffee and mom cutting some fruits to serve for the cafe.

I checked the clock on the kitchen wall and then my new wristwatch. I sychronized the two and finished my last bite of breakfast before wipping my lips with a table napkin and getting up from the stool.

"I'll be going now." I said giving both my mom and dad a kiss on the cheek.

I went straight to the garage and was about to unlock the doors to my car (my grandfather bought me one for my birthday) when I remembered that the school was just a walk from here. I decided to skip contributing to the cause of global warming and went eco friendly.

As I neared the school I could hear students chattering their hearts away yet here I was standing in the middle of the road, staring up into the big gates of the school hesitating if I should enter it or not.

Then I heard screeching tires from afar and a few, "Look out! Look out! Look out!"

On impulse I turned around and saw a white convertible speeding towards me.

I closed my eyes and braced for the impact as my heart raced when I suddenly heard another screech and "ughs".

I popped one of my eyes open and saw three girls inside the open car. A girl was gripping the steering wheel with her eyes wide as saucers and there was another girl in her place, but standing. If I guess right she was the one who stepped on the breaks.

The third girl was clawing the leather seats at the back panting heavily.

"I told you not to let Yuri drive!"

The girl who stepped on the breaks sat back on her seat and let out a heavy sigh of relief. I could see that she was about to speak to me when a silver sedan behind their car honked its horn. She turned her head towards the car just in time when a blonde chick emerged from it. There was a scowl on her face and it was clear that she was obviously the queenka of the school considering the air of power surrounding her. Plus she had a small crown on her hair that screamed, "self-proclaimed queenka here!"

I looked around the place and saw a few students and teachers were staring at us. Well mostly at the two cars. They paid me no attention at all and it's as if my near-death experience never happened.

I slipped away quietly and entered the school breathing out a sigh of relief when I was inside its safe halls. I checked the room assignments and schedule I was given in the paper that was faxed to my dad's office.

I asked for directions towards that classroom and for some reason I had a bad feeling in my stomache. Maybe it was something my mom put in my breakfast or maybe it's just me being paranoid.

Eomma nevers serves food that isn't fresh so it's just me being paranoid.

"It's here." A student had said snapping me out of my thoughts.

Oh that's right. When I asked a female student where my room was she offered to take me there because her classroom was on the same hall as mine.

"Kamsa." I thanked her.

We exchanged bows before departing and I finally entered my classroom.

When I did, the whole room fell silent and turned to me. Me; the new and fresh student.

In situations like these I know the best thing to do is bow and say, "Annyeonghasse- "

I stopped mid word when the corner of my eye caught something. Or someone rather.

"Oh look it's the kitchen help." A familiar and irritating voice had said somewhere. With that, my whole high school life just went down the drain.

I slowly turned my head towards the source of the voice and, to my horror, saw Shim Changmin sitting on one of the desks, surrounded by a few classmates and friends.

He stood from his desk and started to walk towards me. I froze on the spot as the devil itself decided to invade my personaly space.

Maybe if I slowly turned around and walk out, then maybe just maybe...

"Well are you just gonna stand there like a deer in headlights?"

Oh! Too late! No more maybe's. He's already right there in front of me.


Sneak Peaks of Upcoming Chapter:

"You're that girl Yuri almost ran over! I'm Hyoyeon."

~

"That's Jung Jessica and her minions Hwang Tiffany and Im Yoona."

~

"I want Choi Sooyoung to serve me personally."

~

"You do not go near my Changminnie ever again! You got that?"


This story may not be plagiarized or copied in any way. If done so, I will raise hell and hunt you down.
Genre: Comedy Romance || Humor || Friendship || School Life || Teen Drama