Chapter 49: My saviour by my side

Ms Author- Idol

“You better keep your promise. If you ever hurt her, I’ll never forgive you.” Hoya said in a threatening tone. I stood at the door, eavesdropping. I had never heard Hoya been so fierce before. He had been very gentle temperature and a kind nature. So, what’s making him flares up like that?

I creaked open the door, revealing a crack to see through. JaeJoong and Hoya was facing each other on the hallway, glaring. Oh no, something looked amiss.

“Oppa!” I wrecked open the door. My sudden shout broke the tension. JaeJoong and Hoya broke the staring game, turning to me.

“Oh, you’re done, Kyung Me,” JaeJoong smiled brightly, the total opposite of his expression previously. Hoya turned away, trying to control his expression and not let the anger show.

“Ah, yeah, can we go now, Hoya oppa?” I titled my head a little, meeting Hoya’s line of vision.

“Sure,” Hoya gave a weak smile. “Let’s go.”

Without another word, Hoya turned. I jogged a little towards him, waving bye to JaeJoong. JaeJoong gave a quick smile, indicating to contact him with his phone. I nodded, followed behind Hoya. Manager oppa met us halfway out the hospital.

“Hoya, don’t you have any schedule?” Manager oppa asked, as he pressed the lift to the basement floor.

“Yeah, later at Busan,” Hoya replied. “But I will go back the dorm first. Do you mind giving me a ride?”

“Of course!” Manager oppa gave a pat on Hoya’s shoulder, as we walked out of the lift.

“Oh my god,” Manager oppa’s jaw dropped. I blinked a few times, still new to the situation. Hoya grimaced as he watched the reporters swarmed the basement car park. We stood just separated by a glass door. The lights of the camera flashed as soon as the paparazzi spotted me.

“Hoya, I will get the car, stay here.” Manager oppa thought quick on his feet.

“Neh,” Hoya stood closer, as if to protect.

“Sorry! Can you guys not block the entrance?!” Manager oppa pushed the glass door, now jammed with paparazzi. But, none budged. They just want to get the latest news, newest gossip of the town.

“I can’t get out!” Manager oppa yelled in frustration. Then, “ding!” the elevator stopped at the basement.  We all turned. More of them??

JaeJoong strolled out coolly with shades, and his car keys. He halted at the sight of us. The crowd outside was now in chaos. Manager oppa was now trying to keep them out instead of trying to get out. Their muffled voice behind the glass door could keep those passionate questions out.

“Is it true you are together now?!”

“How are you going explain to your fans?!”

“How long have you guys been together?”

“What do you see in each other?!”

JaeJoong smirked, taking big strides towards the door.

“Wait, what are you doing?” I stopped him, worried.

“Trust me,” He replied confidently, without turning back. I stood there, unable to do anything else, but to trust him.  JaeJoong pushed past Manager oppa, to the car park. He shut the doors behind him. The paparazzi surrounded him like a swarm of bees.

“Let’s go,” Hoya got hold of my wrist, leading me back into the lift.

“But…” I wanted to help him.

“Kyung Me, don’t argue.” Manager oppa gave a stern look then turned to Hoya. “See you at the entrance.”

Hoya pressed the buttons in the lift, giving a nod at Manager oppa. I gave a last worrying look, stepping into lift. Would JaeJoong be alright?

I bit my lips. Please let him be, please.