Chapter 3

Approved Love

"Is there something you need from me, Uhm sungsengnim?" Minji asked with her poker face, standing next to his desk.

"Oh, Minji-shi." He lifted up his head towards Minji, "Well, the school had a meeting earlier about the upcoming high school math tournament. We all decided to have you and another student represent our school. Do you have any problem with this decision?"

"I do not have any problem. Is that it?"

"Great. Well, here are some paper for you to fill out. Fill them out and try to hand them back to school by next Tuesday." He handed her the papers, "That is it. You can go now. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Thank you." Minji bowed and turned around to leave.

After she stepped out of the office, she looked through the papers and realized there was a note.

I'm sorry about yesterday. I'll make it up to you tonight? 6 PM? How about a movie night?

A smile crept on her face.

-------

"So I see you guys made up?" Sandara asked with her arms crossed.

"Mhmm." Minji said happily as she pinned her name tag onto her shirt.

Sandara looked up and mouthed "Why?"

"Noona, here." Seungri handed over a piece of paper.

"What the? So bland."

"What is it?" Minji asked while tying the back of her apron.

"We are hiring for more waiters. It is getting busier now and you got school."

"Oh."

"Here," Sandara handed the paper to Minji, "put it up on one of the windows."

After Minji finished as she was told, she walked over to the bar counter to help Sandara stock up the drinks.

"By the way, Dongwook came by earlier. We're planning to have a year end party."

"Sounds fun."

"The planned date is the 30th and we're going to close the restaurant until the 2nd. So make sure to keep that day free."

"Alright."

Sandara was about to say something again but was interrupted by Bom.

"Minji ah, can you go over and serve that customer sitting over there?" Bom pointed.

"Okay." Minji walked away as Bom whispered something to Sandara.

"Hello, here is a cup of water for you." Minji placed the water gently on the table.

The customer was a young male who kept on playing with his pen. He looked up in surprise and stared at Minji.

"Are you ready to order?"

"Umm...uhh...can I get uhh...a grilled chicken...umm...sand...wich...?"

"This dude..." Minji thought, but kept her smile, "Okay. Is that it?"

"Ye-yeah..." He looked up

"Okay." Minji took away the menu walked away.

The young customer was busy looking outside when Minji came back with the food.

"Here is your grilled chicken sandwich."

The young customer was surprised and stuttered a "thank you" before looking back outside the window.

"No problem. Enjoy." Minji smiled and walked away

"Umm!"

Minji turned around, "Yes?"

"Uhh..." He looked outside the window again, "Ca-can I...umm...get...yo...I mean...an extra napkin?"

"Oh, of course."

Minji was not sure if the customer was just awkward or just uncomfortable because Sandara and Bom kept eyeing him. "Are they interested in a  young boy like him or something?"

"Thank you very much." Minji bowed and the customer nodded and smiled awkwardly as he walked out the restaurant.

Minji sighed as she was finally done serving such an awkward customer and also relieved he finally escaped from Sandara's and Bom's intense observance.

"Hmm...that dude kept on staring at your chest." Seungri popped up out of no where, "Either he's a ert or he was looking at your name tag." 

"Yeah, whatever oppa." Minji rolled her eyes and laughed.

"Seriously! I think he got something for you Minji! It's a man's instinct. He'll probably come again tomorrow. Ohhhh! Good job Minji!" Seungri followed her as she walked over to clean up the table laughing. However, once Minji picked up the napkin, they both shut up. 

To Minji-shi.

010-XXXX-XXXX

From Lee Taemin.

"SEE! I TOLD YOU!" Seungri went screaming around the restaurant.