When the sun melts the ice

After Generation shots

 

I woke up this morning and got ready for school like I always do. Before I left my house I checked how I looked through the mirror and did my daily facial exercise – my 3 sets of aegyo. After that I then made my way to school, with my earphones plugged in, the song that’s playing now is ‘Twinkle’. I was dancing while I was walking, people where giving me the ‘looks’, but I didn’t really care, I just ignored them and continue doing the ‘squid move’ (placing my hand underneath my chin and wiggling my fingers)

----

As I sighed, I’ve arrived to my new school. My parents had dropped me off in front of the gate and said “We’re here honey; this is the new school you’re attending to.” “Hopefully it’ll be the rest of the school year this time.” I thought to myself as I stepped out of the car then waving goodbye to my parents. I looked at the school; it looked pretty big, compare to the other 5 high school’s I’ve been attending within this year. Because of my dad’s job I’ve been moving constantly around the country, it’s a really tiring job trying to get used to the environment, but once I get used to it, I have to move to another place again. Because of the constant moving, I’ve chose not to make any friends, because I don’t want to experience another separation from my friends again. I sure do miss my best friend Jooyeon. She was a dorky girl that I met this year at my second high school.

Suddenly, my phone buzzed. “Hey Nana, how’s the new school? We haven’t seen each other in a while, we need to meet up soon, and I miss you. – Jooyeon.” “I was just thinking about you keke~ and I miss you too. I just arrived at the front gate; I haven’t even taken my first step into the place yet. – Nana” “You weren’t thinking about anything dirty were you ;). – Jooyeon” “Eww… of course not, even if I was it wouldn’t be about you XP. Any ways, I’ve got to go in now, I’ll text you later, love you <3 – Nana” I then put my phone back into my pocket.

I took a deep breath and then made my way into the building. “I just hope I don’t get lost in this building” I thought while I looked around the building, feeling a bit lost already. “Hey, look at her. She’s hot. I wonder if she’s new.” I heard a group of boys saying, while looking my way. “She has to be new, I would recognise a pretty girl like her, if she wasn’t new.” Another boy said, looking up and down at me. I then got the shivers and walked faster through the hallway, looking for the teacher’s room. I looked around me, and I then got a conclusion. I’m lost. On my first day, this has never happened before, I normally got a good sense of direction, I always managed to find the room in my other school, but this school is just too big.

---

I’ve finally arrived; I then took my earphones out of my ear and made my way into the school building. “Hey Sunny!” A voice called at my name, I looked at the direction from where the voice was coming from, and it was Hyoyeon. She’s quite popular in the school, for her powerful dancing skills. I walked over to her and gave her a hug “Hey, Hyo, how have you been?” “I’ve been great, have you heard about that new girl?” “Yeah, just did from you. So where is she now? I don’t see I big group, normally new transfer students get surrounded by a group of people. Or she doesn’t suit anyone’s taste?” “From what I’ve heard, she’s a living goddess.” “So where is she now?” I don’t know the boys over there probably scared her away, and she’s hiding somewhere?” Hyoyeon pointed at the group of boys that actually were commenting about Nana. “Any ways Hyo I need to go and speak to the teacher, so I’ll see you in class.” I then waved and made my way to the teacher’s room.

Meanwhile, I saw a tall girl, with really long legs… compare to my legs. She looked kind of lost, so I decided to walk up to her. And wow, she’s beautiful, I looked at her in awe, she was really pretty, like a living goddess. “I guess she’s that new girl then.” I thought. “Hi, I’m Lee Soonkyu, you can call me Sunny, and can I help you with anything?”

---

“Oh damn, I’m lost, I just hope someone would save me right now.” Nana thought while looking around and walking around, she then saw a girl far away. She’s got short light brown hair, she then started to walk closer towards Nana, and she’s quite short compare to Nana. “Hi, I’m Sunny, can I help you?” “Thank you god.” Nana thought to herself. “Urm… yeah, can you show me where the teacher’s room is?” “Yeah sure, I’m going there too so let’s go together.” Sunny said and eye-smiled to the taller girl.  They both then started to make their way to the teacher’s room, together.

They were only one hallway away from the teacher’s room, but as the school was so big it takes quite long to get there, and plus the silent between those two made the journey seem even longer. Sunny couldn’t stand it so she started to start a conversation “You haven’t told me your name yet, may I know your name?” “It’s Im Jinah.”Nana said, she didn’t want people to know her nickname, because that would mean they’ll have a close relationship which she didn’t want. “…That’s a nice name, so is it your first day here right?” Nana just nodded. “She somehow feels a bit icy…”Sunny thought to herself. “We’re here.” Sunny said then opened the door and bowed with Nana. They then entered the door and then Sunny shut the door behind them.

“Oh you must be the new girl, I’m glad you found your way here. Come over here I’ll tell you the details you need to know about the school and your timetable.” A teacher said to Nana. Sunny then looked at ‘Jinah’ walked towards the teacher, and then she looked for the teacher she needed to find.

Sunny then bowed and left the room, after the teacher has finished speaking to Sunny. Nana was still in the room while the teacher was telling her about her timetable.

Sunny then made her way to her classroom, she then found Hyoyeon, sitting on her desk talking to Seohyun, which was sitting on her chair, in front of the desk next to Hyoyeon’s like a good girl. She was reading a book as well as listening to Hyoyeon talk. “Hey, guys I saw the new girl.” Sunny spoke loudly as she was still quite far away from Hyoyeon. Everyone stopped what they were doing and focused on Sunny. People then started to walk up to Sunny and ask “So is she actually like a goddess?” “Apparently she’s got really long legs, is it true?” “And apparently she’s really pretty, is that true?” loads of question then started to get fired towards Sunny. “Whoa, whoa, whoa. Calm down guys, leave little Sunny bunny alone.” Hyoyeon said. Then the teacher came in and said “Please sit down, lesson has now started.” Everyone then followed the instruction and sat down in their own seats.

“Okay, I think you guys have already heard that we have a new student. She’s going to be in our class so I hope everyone’s welcomes her and treat her nicely.” After the teacher finish speaking the door opened and a pair of long legs walked into the room. Everyone in the classroom formed an “O” shape with their mouths, some were close to dribbling. “Wow she’s really pretty.” “She is actually a goddess.” “I found my new target.” All different comments were being made after Nana stepped into the room.

Nana bowed and said “Hi, my name is Im Jinah.” “Okay Jinah please sit over there at the back next to Sunny.” Sunny then smiled and waved, but Nana didn’t seem to notice, or she just didn’t want to wave back. “Good the seat is next to a window; I can just look out and daydream.” Nana thought to herself. Nana then made her way to her seat, while everyone in the class was looking at her. The teacher then clapped to get the students attention back on him. “Okay class, today’s lesson will now continue, you guys can introduce yourself to Nana at break.” Nana then rolled her eyes back, not liking the sound of socialising with people she’s not planning getting close too.

Nana then looked out at the window, thinking what Jooyeon is doing now. “She’s probably eating, knowing that shikshin.” Nana giggled in her mind. Sunny then looked at Nana and said “Hey, we meet again do you remember me?” Nana didn’t turn around and look at Sunny. Sunny was then ignored. “Hmm… yerp she’s definitely an ice princess. Interesting.” Sunny thought to herself. Sunny then had a plan, and the plan was named “The sun melting the ice.” And the main outcome of the plan is becoming friends with Nana. Sunny smiled and then focused at the lesson.

The bell then went, it’s now officially break. As expected the whole school has heard the news that the new transfer student is in this class. Nana then looked at the class room door’s direction and saw a bunch of people outside. Then she looked in front of her desk and saw her classmates in front of her, actually trying to introduce themselves to her. Nana rolled her eyes once again and sighed. She looked out the window again; hoping people would just leave her alone. She doesn’t care if she comes across rude; she just didn’t want to develop feelings towards people, which she soon probably won’t see ever again in her life.

Sunny noticed that Nana was feeling pretty uncomfortable with so many people around her, so she decided to help, with her aegyo. “Oppaaa~ can you please move a bit? Sunny bunny~ can’t bweathe.” Sunny said with her cutest voice, and she blinked a more than usual in that one sentence. Hyoyeon heard Sunny’s aegyo and was so tempted to punch that bunny, but she didn’t, she couldn’t even make her way through to Sunny. All the boys then backed off while still melting from Sunny’s aegyo, the girls also back off, hearing Sunny’s famous aegyo that can make any person do what she wanted, unless they are one of Hyoyeon that is fed up with Sunny’s aegyo. (how could anyone hate her aegyo though?)

Nana heard Sunny’s aegyo, it made her fingers curl a bit and made her heart tingle a bit. She then looked away from the window and looked at Sunny’s direction and saw the power of Sunny’s aegyo. Sunny turned around and her and Nana’s eyes met, Sunny then smiled at Nana. Nana quickly turned around, re staring at the window, she then felt her cheek heated a bit and her heart beating quicker. “IM JINAH! DON’T YOU DARE START DEVELOPING UNESSARY FEELINGS TO PEOPLE!” Nana scolded herself in her mind. “But her smile was so cute, her eyes…”  The bell went and the people returned back to their class rooms and seats.

Nearly every day it was just like this, people trying to get close to Nana, Sunny helping out, trying to make people leave Nana alone. Nana wonders why Sunny is helping her.

A month has passed, Nana was starting to get used to the schools environment, and this made Nana a bit uneasy. Because every time she starts to settle down, it’s time to move. But luckily so far, Nana hasn’t made any friends, so even if she had to leave she wouldn’t be upset that she’ll be leaving something behind.

Nana sat down a looked at the seat next to her, Sunny wasn’t there “She’s probably late.” The first lesson passed, Sunny still hasn’t arrived. Break then came; everyone took Sunny’s absent as an advantage to approach Nana. Even a month has past everyone hasn’t gave up trying to approach Nana. Nana somewhat inside misses Sunny, her aegyo, that makes everyone back off and leaves her alone. Nana then started to get worried about Sunny, she’s probably absent from what happen yesterday, Nana looked at her bag.

Flashback    

Nana stayed behind for a while after the finish bell went, because she didn’t want to go out and walk through a gang of people that wants to approach her. Nana looked around and saw that everyone then has left the classroom, but Sunny’s bag was still on her desk. Nana then looked outside and saw that there was a lot of people so she descided to wait a little longer, she then slowly drifted to sleep.

*Bang* the sound of thunder woke Nana up, she looked around and saw Sunny’s bag missing, presuming that she’s gone, she looked outside the window and saw it was pouring down, but the good thing is that no more people are outside, meaning she can leave in this bad weather condition.

She then made her way downstairs, at the entrance of the school building, standing under shelter, wondering whether she should wait for the rain to calm down a bit, or run home. Suddenly, an umbrella was over her head, she looked at who was holding it up, it was Sunny, she still hadn’t of left yet.

Sunny then said “Here have the umbrella.” Sunny handed the compact umbrella to Nana. “What about you?” Nana said in a worrying tone. “It’s fine, I’m the sun, and the rain can’t get me. I’ll make it sunny.” Sunny smiled. “Plus I don’t live that far, anyways I’m going now bye, see you tomorrow.” Sunny waved then ran out in the rain. Sunny actually lied, she lived pretty far away, but she didn’t want to see Nana get ill for some reason.

Nana then watched Sunny run, until she couldn’t see Sunny anymore. She tighten the grip on the umbrella. “Why is Sunny being so nice to me? Does she want to become my friend?” Nana questioned herself. She then started to make her way home.

End of flashback

“She wouldn’t be ill would she?” Nana getting even more worried. “If she is ill, it’s all my fault. I think I should pay her a visit and I should return her umbrella. But how am I going to find out where she lives? I don’t even have her number…” At that moment she heard people clapping, she then saw Hyoyeon dancing. Then she knew how to get Sunny’s address.

When the ending bell went, Nana made her way to Hyoyeon. Hyoyeon was quite surprised that Nana is making her way towards her. “Urmm… Hyoyeon... by any chance do you know where Sunny lives?” “Yeah I do why?” “I thought I’ll just pay her a visit, as I need to return something of hers back.” “Urmm… okay I’ll ask Sunny first.” “Okay thanks.” “She’s not replying, but I’m sure she won’t mind me giving you her address as she likes you.” Hyoyeon mumbled, Nana quite sure if Hyoyeon said that Sunny likes her “Hmm… Sunny likes me, I guess I was right she does want to be friends with me… but I can’t…”

After Nana got the address, she then checked how to get there from the school on her phone. “That girl lied, her house is far away.”

Nana then finally made her way to Sunny’s house. She pressed the bell, and someone opened the door. Presumably it’s Sunny’s mum, as her and Sunny look quite a like. “How can I help you?” “Is Sunny in?” “Yeah she is, may I ask you who are you?” “I’m her classmate, just wanted to check how she is.” “Oh, come on it. My poor girl has got a high fever, from the rain last night, I told that silly girl to carry an umbrella. She’s upstairs on the first right door, that’s her room, you can go in and check her up, while I finish washing up.” Sunny’s mum smiled. Nana bowed and made her way upstairs like Sunny’s mum told her.

Nana knocked on the door, there was no response. She knocked again, but there was also no response. Nana then decided to walk in, she then saw Sunny sleeping soundly in bed with a wet towel on her head. She then walked towards Sunny and sat on the chair that was next to her bed. “I’m sorry Sunny for making you suffer; you didn’t have to give me your umbrella to me yesterday.” Nana felt her heart tighten seeing Sunny in that state. It was a rather weird feeling, when Jooyeon was ill she never felt that bad. She then felt her eyes get watery, Nana then sniffed.

Sunny then started to stir in bed, she could feel someone’s present in her room. And from the smell of perfume, she’s sure it wasn’t her mum. “It kind of smells like Nana’s.” Sunny thought to herself and slowly opened her eyes. She then saw a goddess siting next to her bed, with watery eyes. “I’m not dreaming am I?” Sunny questioned herself. Sunny then moved her hands towards Nana’s hand and touched it just to confirm that she isn’t dreaming. It was real, she remember how Nana’s hand feels from yesterday when Sunny passed the umbrella to Nana, their hand touched for a millisecond.

Nana then moved her hand back, surprised from the sudden contact. Sunny moved her hand back and said “Sorry.” “No, it’s okay. I should be the one apologising.” “Why?” Sunny looked at Nana with a confuse look. “Because I’m the one who made you suffer like this.” “It’s okay, I get to skip school.” Sunny giggled. “But I couldn’t help you make people back off today, were you okay today?” Nana nodded. “Good good.”  “Sunny… can I ask you something?” “You just did aha, yeah sure go on.” “Why are you being so nice to me?” “Because I want to get closer to you, but I didn’t want to approach you like normal people would, as seeing that wouldn’t work, so I wanted to be special” Sunny flashed one of her eye smile at Nana. Nana’s heart suddenly started to beat faster, she didn’t feel like this when she became friends with Jooyeon, it’s somehow different.

“Jinah, can I ask you something this time?” “Yeah sure go on.” “Why don’t you like people approaching you? And it seems like you don’t want to make friends…?” “Urmm…” “You don’t have to tell me if you don’t really want to …” “It’s because my dad’s job, I have to keep moving school’s so I don’t want to lose someone important when I have to move again…” After Nana told Sunny that she felt that her wall that she has to keep away from people has ‘melted’ away. “So you would never let me approach you?” Sunny asked with a bit of aegyo and a tint of sadness could be heard. Nana looked away; she didn’t know how to answer. “So… urmm… why did you come here for?” “Oh… I wanted to give the umbrella back.” Nana then took out the umbrella out of her bag. “Haha, Jinah yah~ you’re so cute, you could of gave it to me when I go back to school.” Nana’s face then went red. “I also wanted to check how you were…”Nana mumbled. “Sorry?” “Don’t worry” Nana responded.

“So… Jinah…” “Call me Nana.” “Nana… does that mean you’re willing to let me become closer to you?” Nana then shyly nodded. “Keke~ I’m so happy.”

Few days has past, Sunny’s fever has gone, she’s returned back to school, and doing her normal role – shooing people away from Nana.

Nana and Sunny has gotten really close the past few weeks, they’re like really close friends. Nana this time couldn’t keep her words - not making friends. But knowing Sunny, has made her life more brighter.

One day they both went shopping, they both were holding hands. They brought loads of attention to themselves not just because they are both pretty, it’s more because of the height difference. They both sat down on a bench. “Sunny ah~ why are you such a danshin?” “I’m sorry Nana, not like I want to be short, I wish I had legs like yours.” Sunny pouted. “Aw… But Sunny bunny is cute like that.” Nana said with a cute voice while poking Sunny’s cheek. “What did you just call me?” Sunny asked Nana, wanting Nana to call her that again “Cute?” Nana blushed. “Hearing cute from you is sure weird.” Sunny giggled. Nana blushed even more. “You’re so cute.” Sunny said to Nana while she put both of her palms on Nana’s cheek feeling her flushed cheeks. Sunny’s touch made Nana blush even more. They both gazed into each other’s brown orbs, “Nana…?” “Nae?” “I've got something to tell you… I’ve been wanting to say this for a while… I like you… more than a friend, I know I shouldn’t. I know that it doesn’t help that you’re afraid of becoming attached to someone… I just really needed to get this of my chest…” Sunny then slowly removed her hands off Nana’s cheeks and looked down.

Suddenly, Nana held Sunny’s hand back on her cheek and said. “You’re so selfish Sunny, why did you tell me this? No matter how hard I try to deny my feelings, you just shine so much you melt my walls that I’ve tried so hard building...” Nana sobbed. “Please Nana give me a chance, I will shine where ever you are, no matter where you go I will follow you. Even if it’s night I will be shining at the moon to create light, no matter where you are I will still be with you.” Sunny said, while whipping Nana’s tears with her thumb. Nana tighten her grip on Sunny’s hand and nodded.

Sunny then smiled as brightly as the sun and hugged Nana ever so tightly.

Now the ice has melted thanks to the sun.


Nana's picture oh god lol

Hope this made sense. This probably have a continue... if people want. this is my longest chapter X3

It's 4:30 in the morning so, knowing me there's going to be loads of mistakes DX

i could of made a whole seprate fanfic of this, but it would be kinda similar to my LiNa fanfic lol. As this is an one-shot it's kinda rushed obviously

I've still got exams so I wont update within these two weeks, but i'll be back for A.S. comeback! XD anyone else excited?

Hope you've enjoyed and please leave a comment ^^

nahi-kana -