A Deal

My Bad Neighbor

 

Author’s POV

It’s already 8.30AM and you have class in 30 minutes. And you just… woke up.

You starched your body and look at the clock.

 

“AH! WHY DID MY DAMN ALARM NOT WAKE ME UP?!” you ran in a hurry to your bath room. There’s no problem with the alarm work. It worked well. It just you set it to 7.30PM. Not AM. Geez.

 

In 15 minutes you bathed, dressed, and packed your book.

15 minutes left! Damn.

Right when you opened the door, he was there. Kim Jonghyun. He just came out from his room, in a bit rush.

 

“Oh good morning, y.” He said.

You waved at him and then started running like you’re in a marathon to the stair.

But then you stopped. An idea just popped up in your head.

 

“Hey, Jonghyun. Do you have car?”

He didn’t say a word, instead, he showed you a car’s key.

“GREAT!” you ran to him. “Do you mind if you give me a ride to school? To OUR school?”

“I do mind.”

“Jonghyun, seriously please… I’m begging you. I will treat you!” you pouted. Trying to be cute.

“Ok, fine. Stop trying to be cute.”

 

So that you went to school with him.

“Thank you.” You said once you got on the car.

“You’re welcome. I don’t really like to share my car with anyone, so this is the last, okay?”

“Are you treating your childhood friend like this?”

“Yes, childhood friend of mine.”

“Oh. Okay.”

 

“How’s your family? Mr. and Mrs. Kim?” you asked. Trying to make a conversation.

“Fine. Happy. Rich.”

“Do you have to mention the last word?”

“I think so.”

“Then um… how is… Ki-”

“Kibum? Your first love?” he cut your words.

“Yes. Eh wait! What? He’s not my first love!”

“I know you like him. Maybe until now?”

“Who said so?! I’m not!”

“Then why is your face goes reddened?”

“Wh-what? I am-”

“He is fine. He is available. Single.” He cut your words again.

“You don’t have to mention the last one!”

“Why? I thought it would make you happy, right?”

You just stayed still and looked at him with annoyed face.

Then you sighed. “But he’s not my first love…” you whispered quietly.

 

Silence… none decided to speak after your small fight with him. Until you thought that you have to break this weird condition.

“Jonghyun, can I ask you about something?”

“I think you will still ask even if I say no?”

“Yeah. Okay. Well, this is kinda hard. But, by any chance… perhaps… um… do you have 2 personalities?”

 

That time Jonghyun was stunned for couple seconds. Then he burst into laugh.

“WHAT? AHAHAHAHA none ever said such a thing like that! Hahahahahaha! Wow. You’re genius, Eun Na!”

“So… ?”

“Pabo-ya! I’m normal, okay?”

“But… you’re different! Different than the old Jonghyun I used to know. You’re now clever and well manner.”

“You don’t like it? You changed too. Now you’ve grown a bit pretty and act y. Does it mean you have 2 personalities?”

“It’s different! It’s because the hormones in my body. And look! Now you’re different again! You act like the one I used to know 10 years ago. Why why why?”

“Oh, really?”

“Serious, Jonghyun.” You stared at him.

“It’s just… because I want to. It’s up to me, right?”

“But there’s must be a reason for it!”

“Why do I have to tell you, anyway?”

Damn. He’s right. His answer pissed you off and you have no reason to attack him back.

“Okay, forget it. Next question. Why did you move to my school?”

“Are you interrogating me right now?” He rolled his eyes and the radio.

 

Thanks to Jonghyun, you both made it on time. The bell hasn’t rung.

Once you opened the car’s door, some girls were eyeing you. Some were whispering to each other.

 

“Are they together?”

“Is she trying to flirt with him?”

“There’s no way they are dating, right?”

“She is not his type, right? No please…”

 

You just looked at them with curiosity and rolled your eyes.

They must be making another gossip. With that you made your step to your class.

 

It’s finally break time. You walked together with Tiff to go to the canteen. In your way, you met Jonghyun. And he stopped at you.

“Yours. You left it.” He said, handed a book to you then in no time he left. Cooly.

 

See? Who’s he? The brat I met this morning? Completely different. His cool mode is on. You thought.

“Whoah whoah. Wait. What’s that Eun Na??” Tiff stared at you, her eyes was full of curiosity.

“Um… Nothing. Maybe he found my book somewhere. Possible, right?”

Lying. You knew it must be because of your clumsiness, you left your book in his car. But there’s no way to say the truth to Tiff. She would ask tons of questions if you did. And once you said it to Tiff, it will be public’s secret.

 

After dismissal, you immediately went to a store. Searching for a new alarm. You still thought it’s broke. Tsktsktsk…

You were welcomed by an ahjumma.

“Annyonghaseyo, Agassi. May I help you?” she welcomed you.

“Annyonghaseyo. I’m searching for an alarm. And if possible, please give me the loudest one.”

“An alarm? Someone was searching for it too yesterday. Follow me.”

You followed her. She showed you an unique digital alarm.

 

“This alarm sounds so loud. And-” She explained.

“I’ll take it.” Someone behind you cut her words. You looked back and saw Jonghyun, opening his wallet.

“How much is that, ahjumma?” he asked.

“WAIT! I saw it first!” you complained.

“Oh really? But sorry, I saw it first. Yesterday.”

“YA KIM JONGHYUN!”

“Aigoo… too bad. This alarm is the last one with the loudest sound I have.” The ahjumma said. Making thing worse.

“NO, I WILL PAY FIRST!” you immediately opened your wallet and let out 25 won and gave it to the ahjumma.

“Is it enough, ahjumma?”

“More than enough.” She said.

“Okay thanks! Don’t need to pack it.” You grabbed the alarm immediately.

“YAAAA, EUN NA!”

 

You ran away but Jonghyun caught you and grabbed your wrist.

“Whaaaat?” you said.

“I really need that alarm. I REALLY DO.”

“For what?”

“For waking me up! I’m a heavy-sleeper since forever. I broke my alarm yesterday.”

“Oh really? What a coincidence, my alarm broke too.”

“Eun Na, I’m serious!”

“Can’t you just buy another alarm?”

“No. I want that one.” He pointed at the alarm.

“Why must?”

“I saw that alarm yesterday, it’s the loudest one. But I forgot my wallet. And I want it so bad.”

“Pity you.”

“Serious, Eun Na!”

 

You looked at him. Pathetic you.

In your record, Jonghyun is in the heaviest-sleeper you ever knew. Which made you thought about something.

A deal.

 

“How about we make a deal?”

“What deal?”

“This alarm is mine and it will be in my place. After the alarm ring, I will go to your place to wake you up. But you have to give me a ride to school. Everyday.”

“Plus you can make me breakfast. I’m not good at cooking.” He added.

“Why should I?”

“You don’t want a ride?”

“Okay okay, deal.”

You let out your hand.

“Deal. Told you I’m a heavy-sleeper.” He shook your hand.

“I can just shout to your ears.” you replied.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I want to say thanks to all the subscribers! And the comments too! Super like comments <3

thanks for your support ^^