The "New" Him

My Bad Neighbor

Your’s POV

“Choi Eun Na!!!” my friend, Tiffany, called me.

“Yes, baby Tiff? Do you have another gossip?”

She’s the princess of gossip. She always has something new to tell.

“I heard that we will have a new student in our class! I saw him! I saw him!”

“Really?”

“Yes! He’s really handsome!”

Wow. Okay. Great. I already bored with boys in my class. A new handsome boy will be good for my eyes.

 

My teacher came and a boy was following him from behind.

“Hello, my name is Kim Jonghyun. Nice to meet you all.” He said in front of the class.

Ok, he’s a new student in my school.

My jaw dropped. This seriously broke all of my expectations.

He, Kim Jonghyun, is my childhood friend. He used to be my neighbor. He’s the boy next door. I saw him everyday for about 8 years. We went to the same elementary school too and often had dinner together with our family. But about 10 years ago, he moved to Busan.

 

Now he’s back. I was happy to see him though and I actually missed him.

But poor me, he’s not the same Jonghyun I used to know before he left.

 

So many damns on him which quite shocked me. Okay, it shocked me a lot.

He’s damn smart. Damn good-looking. Damn cool. And well-mannered.

Where’s the funny naughty stupid Jonghyun I used to know?

In a week, he became so popular among students and teachers. Can you even believe my teacher, Miss Park, tried to flirt with him yesterday?! But he didn’t respond.

In a week, he became teachers’ favorite student.

 

My best friend, Tiffany, was a big fan of him. Well, not only her. A lot of my friends became fans of him. I think they could probably make a fan page of him later.

She always dragged me along to stalk this “damn” guy. And I learned something about this “new” Jonghyun. He didn’t talk as much before or maybe it’s just me who talked a bit too very much nowadays. He just smiles and nods if needed.

 

Months passed away with that.

 

That day I went back to my apartment after partying like crazy in Tiffany’s eighteen birthday party. It was great, Tiff!

But when I was searching for my door’s key in my bag, the door opposite mine opened. It made me curious. Because that room used to be forever no owner. Well at least for the past 2 years.

I looked back.

I was stunned for seconds.

 

“Oh. Annyonghaseyo!”

“Oh… well… hello… Jonghyun.”

“Wow, you live here too?”

What? “too”? Does it mean he live here or…. W-WHAT?!

 

“Uh… um yeah. Are you… visiting… someone here?” I asked.

“I’ve been living here for 2 days. But I didn’t have a chance to greet you because I was a bit busy recently. And wow. Where did you go? You look amazing… and y. Hahah”

Gasp… what’s this? Did he just say something more than 4 words? The longest I got since he moved to my school was ‘thank you very much’ because he borrowed my pencil.

And what?! y?! The last time he said me “y” was when we went to a swimming pool and I wore my new y swimsuit. It’s probably 11 years ago.

 

“I- ah hahaha thank you.” I awkwardly said.

Then I went back focus on searching for the missing damn key.

I was hoping for him to go back to his room since it’s a bit awkward. But he didn’t. He just stood there, looking at me.

 

“What are you searching?” he asked.

“My key. I think…. It’s…. here…” I said while searching for it like crazy.

“If you can’t find it, you can just sleep in my place if you want.” He said. With a smirk.

 “Perdon me?!” I said.

“Just… sleep in my place. No problem, right, classmate? It’s not that we never shared a room together.”

Luckily I got my key on time. Thanks gawd!

I showed him my key with a smirk.

“Too bad, I got it already.” I said.

“Well, such a pity. I thought we could share a bed together like that night hahah”

“What night?” I rose my eyebrow.

“That night when your parents went aboard then you came to my house, ran to my room and asked me to sleep together because you’re scare of-”

“STOP IT! It’s 10 years ago okay?! Bye and night!”

With that I stared at him then went to my room and slammed the door.

 

What’s wrong with you seriously Kim Jonghyun?

Where’s your well manner?

Where’s the “new” you?

 

Anyway, he’s annoying! Like 10 years ago!