04

Shift
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

--

 

04

 

--

 

Howon watched as you flitted around the kitchen, directing Sungjong, Woohyun, and Sungyeol around the kitchen to help you. There was the occasional sound of clinking from your chains as you moved, but the rest of the time, it was crashing from the boys dropping things.

 

And when you realized Woohyun and Sungyeol were eating more than helping, you kicked them out of the kitchen, leaving only Sungjong to help you.

 

“It smells so amazing. I want to eat everything,” Sungyeol said, his fingers.

 

“Imagine what it’ll be like when it’s done,” Woohyun said in a daze. Howon frowned. Now you were trying to win their hearts through their stomachs. The more he watched you, the more irritated he got, and he left the doorframe with a huff, moving to the couch to take a nap until dinner was done.

 

You decided to make a casserole for dinner this time, but since there were so many mouths to feed, you had to make multiple trays of it, hoping that the guys could split it up.

 

“You guys actually called me home for dinner for once, and it actually smells pretty amazing,” Myungsoo called from the door. He was a contact between the two packs, splitting his time with his regular pack and Seungho’s pack. For the winter, he would be spending it with Seungho’s pack, but Sunggyu called him home for this special occasion. “What are we celebrating?”

 

“Saving someone’s life,” Sungjong said, coming out of the kitchen with gloves on his hands and a tray in his hands. Mouths started watering as everyone scrambled to sit down at the table, minus Howon. He could smell the food and how delicious it was, but he refused to show himself as eager to eat like the rest.

 

Sungjong went back to the kitchen, avoiding you as you came out with another tray. There were a total of four trays, and you hoped it was enough for them to eat.

 

After all the food was out, Howon sat down in his seat in the middle. Sunggyu’s seat was at the head of the table, and on his right hand was Dongwoo. Everyone else sat where they wanted, but they generally sat in the same seats. You sat at the other end of the table facing Sunggyu. Everyone took a moment to breathe in the smell before turning towards you.

 

 

“Oh,” you said sheepishly. You cut a piece of the casserole out for yourself careful not to dip the chain into anything and sat down, waiting for the others to get their food.

 

It was like a feeding frenzy. The only sounds at the table were appreciative groans, chewing, and the clinking of silverware on plates. Even Howon had to admit that your cooking was tasty, but you still irked him.

 

After everything was eaten, there was still a small bit left that you boxed up for Myungsoo for his trip back to Seungho’s pack. “I almost don’t want to go back, knowing what you guys are eating over here,” he said regretfully. He gave you a smile and nodded his head at you. “Welcome to the family. Don’t mind Howon, he always looks like he’s going to kill somebody.”

 

A warning growl came from inside, and Myungsoo laughed before turning out into the night and shifting to his were form. He disappeared faster than your eyes could adjust to the dark.

 

“You guys will be staying up here until the morning, right? It’ll be dangerous to hike all the way back down in the dark,” Dongwoo said, giving you and Sungjong a stern look.

 

“Whatever. You just want us to stay here so you don’t have to wake up early for breakfast,” Sungjong said, eyeing the older man.

 

Dongwoo’s serious expression broke as he laughed heartily. “Was I that obvious?”

 

Woohyun and Sungyeol argued over the very last bit of casserole as you and Sunggyu moved the dishes to the kitchen to wash.

 

“Oh, no. You cooked, you don’t do the dishes. I don’t know how many times I’m going to have to tell you this,” Sungjong said, hurrying over to you and shoving you out of the kitchen.

 

“You have to tell me your secrets. I’ve been cooking for them for ages, but my food’s never turned out like this- Ow!” Woohyun yelled as Sunggyu grabbed his ear and pulled him into the kitchen.

 

“Nice try, using that as an excuse to get out of doing the dishes.” Sunggyu shot you a grin as Woohyun held his arm out to you with a pleading look on his face.

 

“Save me!”

 

--

 

You fell into an easy routine after that. In the mornings, you’d make breakfast for whoever happened to show up at the townhouse in the morning. You packed lunches for whoever wanted lunches. Then you’d plan out what you wanted to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter