The Real Song Raemi

The Prequel

Jungjin was never the first to initiate a “talk”. Talks were usually deep and down to the point which Bom loved. She hated wasting time. After announcing to Seohyun and Heyi that Jungjin wanted to talk, they advised her to talk to him. It was the only logical thing to do, he asked for it and it was time to let her feelings be known.


The thing was Bom was really scared. Frightened even. She didn't want to do this yet. The one thing she didn't want to do was face him in person. She would just break down and cry in front of him. Bom wanted to be strong in front of Jungjin. To show him she wasn't weak. So, she texted him back telling him to call her whenever he wanted. All Bom had to do now was wait for his call.


Bom lay her cellphone down on her desk in her room. She paced around in circles for about ten minutes contemplating whether he would really call or not. And if he did what would she say? She began scratching her head, which was a habit she needed to get rid of, when the familiar ring tone played. Her eyes found her cellphone lighting up and singing out her tone. She grabbed for it and looked at the caller id. It was Park Jungjin.


Bom hesitantly answered the call. “Hello?”


“Hey” Jungjin said. That voice, she hadn't heard in a while.


Suddenly tears welled up in her eyes. Why was it just his voice that made her emotional? The real stuff didn't even start yet. She held in her tears and mustered enough courage to ask, “What's up?”


“What's up with you?” He asked. “I haven't seen you around, what have you been up to?”


“Nothing really, school work.” She replied.


After her reply there was nothing but silence on the other end of the line. Bom didn't know what to say. Her mind went absolutely blank. After a minute or so of silence Jungjin decided to speak up.


“Who is he?” He whispered.


“Who is who Jungjin?”


“That guy with the motorcycle.”


“Oh...” Bom hesitantly said. “That guy with the motorcycle is Cho Seungho.”


Another gap of silence. Bom could tell he was mad. Jungjin was even fidgeting with his phone. Whenever he was upset and wanted to vent all Bom would hear sometimes was him fidgeting with his phone. The louder the fidget got the angrier he really was. And right now it sounded like a freaking tornado just flew pass his room. After his fidgeting, then Jungjin would just yell.


“I can't believe you hang out with that type of guy Lee Bom. Do you even know his reputation? I don't think so! He's a horrible person who gets into fights. And if he starts liking you and you fall into too deep what do you think will happen to you? You'll be ing broken hearted that's what! And you're letting it just happen Bom! I can't believe you left with him on a motorcycle, out of all the other transportation devices in the world he has to chose that one! This unbelievable Bom I didn't think you would be that type of girl. I thought--”


“You thought that I was what a ing goody two shoes?” Bom yelled, angrily cutting him off. “I'm not and don't you dare discriminate Seungho like that. He's a good guy Jungjin. He's keeping me company Jungjin! He's there for me unlike you! I can't believe that you're getting worked up about this. Just accept him Jungjin because I plan to have Seungho in my life from now on. Is this the only reason you called?”


“No, I....was just worried Bom. I'm worried about you. You haven't been telling me what's going on lately.” said Jungjin sighing into the phone.


“I haven't been telling you what's going on lately?” Bom began to get a little annoyed. “I'm sitting here alone every single night Jungjin waiting for you but you're there with Raemi, happy. I don't exist in your eyes anymore Jungjin. It's like if she's there I'm not there. But when I finally catch your eye it's like I'm the most important person in the world again. I'm confused Jungjin. What are you trying to do?”


“I'm just trying to keep my best friend and my girlfriend in good terms with me.” replied Jungjin. “I want to have you both in my life. Bom I don't want to lose you to that guy.”


“You're basically saying you're trying to balance us. How's that working for you Jungjin? It's been two months and it's the first time I've heard your voice in a long time.” Bom began to cry. “You don't know how I've been feeling. I'm so hurt Jungjin. I just hold all that hurt inside and I'm tired of it.”


“I didn't know you felt that way Bom.”


“Of course you didn't know.” replied Bom with hatred in her voice. “How could you know.”


“But that's part of the reason Bom you don't tell me these things anymore. You can't be mad at me and then tell me it's okay,” argued Jungjin. “It just makes us both confused.”

 

Bom sighed. “You're right.” She wiped her leftover tears away with the sleeve of her sweater.


“So from now on will you tell me if I upset you?” Silence. “I'm going to take that as a yes or I'll just keep bugging you.”


Bom chuckled. “Alright.” She looked at the time. It was getting late. “I'm going to go Jungjin.”


“Okay, tomorrow let's walk to school together. We haven't done that in a while.”


“Are you sure? I mean I thought you walked with Raemi now?”


“It's okay I'll tell her. I want to walk with my best friend is that such a crime?”


“If you say so,” replied Bom. “Goodnight Jungjin.”


“Goodnight Bom, see you tomorrow.”


They both hung up. Bom put her cellphone away, laid down on her bed, and covered herself in her blanket. She closed her eyes and replayed their conversation in her head over and over again until she fell asleep.


---------------------------------------------


For the first time in a long time Jungjin actually kept his promise. The next morning after grabbing a piece of bread for breakfast, Bom ran out her door to find Jungjin standing patiently waiting for her. They greeted each other quite awkwardly and began walking. Their old friendly ways began to resurface. They each caught up with each other and not once was Raemi mentioned in their conversation. Bom was all smiles all the way to school.


Not once did Raemi appear out of no where. They walked into class together and talked for a while more. When the final bell rang Bom went to go sit in her seat. Jungjin and Raemi sat in front of her and Raemi was no where to be found. She spotted Jungjin sneakily texting on his cellphone as their teacher began their lecture. Suddenly running footsteps could be heard coming through the hallway. The classroom door opened quickly and n walked Raemi, taking long breathes.


“Miss Song thank you for coming in so late I greatly appreciate you for disrupting my class.” sarcastically said the teacher.


Raemi bowed as she excused herself. “I'm sorry it won't happen again.” She made her way through the rows and found her seat next to Jungjin.


As the teacher returned to writing on the board Raemi turned to Jungjin and under her breath asked, “What happened to you this morning? I was waiting for you for thirty minutes!”


Jungjin looked at her. “I texted you last night and told you I was going to walk Bom to school. I'm sorry.” He turned back to his notebook and continued copying down the notes.


Bom watched as Raemi's face distorted into a grim expression. Her head slowly turned to Bom. She gave Bom the worst look. All Bom could do was stare back.


“Song Raemi! It's enough that you walked into my class late and now you're not even willing to pay attention. It's like you're asking for a detention.”


Raemi quickly faced the front. “Sorry teacher I was just distracted for a minute.”


The class continued to take down notes as Bom continued to stare at Raemi's back view. What could that expression mean? Bom couldn't wait to find out and that's sarcasm people.


---------------------------------------------


“Stay away from Jungjin.”


Those fours words escaped from the lips of Song Raemi's mouth. Bom didn't know how Raemi got her to be pinned against the backwall of their schools gym. All she remembered was happily playing badminton when she was taken by the arm and forcefully being pulled towards the back of the gym. Raemi had grabbed both her shoulders and shoved her to the wall, pinning her down. Raemi had some height over her so she looked down at Bom with anger in her eyes.


“What do you mean by stay away from Jungjin?” demanded Bom.


“I mean,” said Raemi with annoyance in her voice. “Don't engage in conversation with him, don't meet up with him, don't walk to school together with him, don't even wave or smile at him WITHOUT ME THERE!”


Raemi's last few words echoed throughout the gym. Bom closed her eyes and took a deep breath in. Then she shoved Raemi off of her. Raemi stumbled backward but was able to recompose herself. Bom took a few steps toward Raemi. “No. You can't tell me what I can or cannot do with Jungjin. He's my best friend. He was my best friend way before you Raemi. I have the right to stick by his side regardless of crazy psycho y girlfriends like you!”


Raemi let out a loud laugh. “You've got to be kidding me right? There are only two women in Jungjin's life. That would be his mother and his lover, which is me. I don't see any room at all for best friends. Especially little girls like you.” Raemi took a step forward so that now they were head to head facing each other. “I suggest Bom before you get even more hurt then you already are you leave him alone. I don't appreciate you butting into our lives just because you were in his life first. He made an opening Bom and I took it. You've been replaced. Get used to that feeling.” She smirked. “I hear you've been hanging around with Cho Seungho lately. I hope you like my sloppy seconds.” Then as cruel as her words she slapped Bom right across the face. “Take that as a small warning Lee Bom. I'm not used to being second Bom. I'm always first. I'll take everyone away from you and make your friends turn their backs on you. When I want it my way I always get it.” Raemi began walking away. As she begun to turn around the corner to the main gym she turned back to Bom with the most fake smile Bom had ever seen in her life. “After all I am Song Raemi.”


Bom watched Raemi leave as tears stung her eyes and fell down her face. She clenched her fists and began breathing in and out. “She's not worth a fight Bom. Don't you dare ing listen to her. She's a mother ing anyways.”


Bom decided to ditch school. She went into the locker rooms and changed into her normal clothes. She exited from the gyms backdoor and began walking away as far as possible. Raemi had hit an all time low when she had slapped Bom. There was no way Bom could ever forgive Raemi for this. The words she had said to her was just too much and out of line. So for now school. Jungjin. And most of all Song Raemi.


She didn't know exactly where she was going but Bom just kept on walking. Her phone began to suddenly ring. It was Jungjin, she immediately turned it off. She bet that the whole ing school was looking for her and Raemi was sitting on Jungjin's lap smiling. her. Bom hated when people suddenly cared because Bom decided to not give a but when she actually does nobody wants to even ing look at her. It was a twisted world they all lived in.


“Bom!”


Bom turned around to find the owner of the voice. Standing about a block away Bom spotted Seungho waving at her. She quickly turned back around and continued on walking.


“Bom!” She could hear footsteps chasing after her.


Bom took off running. She passed pedestrians who made room for her. Her tears resurfaced. As her vision became blurry her running steps slowed until she felt Seungho grab her arm. His hands were warm. He pulled her aside.


“Bom what's going on?” Seungho asked sternly. “Why aren't you in school? What are you doing here?”


Too many questions. Bom decided not to answer them. Instead, she shielded her face from him with her long brown hair.


“Bom, will you look at me? What's wrong?” With his fingers he tilted her chin up with force so that she was now facing him. Seungho saw her tear stained cheeks. “Why are you crying?” He asked softly.


She shook her head. “I can't trust you.”


Alarmed, Seungho stared at her. “What do you mean you can't trust me?”


“You've been with her.” Bom whispered.


“Who Bom? I don't get it.”


“Song Raemi!”


Bom watched as his worried expression turned into a grim one. He let go of her arm and looked away. “I don't want you touching me Seungho. I don't want you near me. Who knows what you two have done together. And I don't want to be a part of that . I don't want to have anything to do with anybody associated with Song Raemi!”


Seungho closed his eyes and bit his lower lip as he whispered. “Stop it Bom.”


“Stop what?! Stop feeling Seungho? Why does it when I have someone new in my life it's tainted by that ing demon child?! I can't do this anymore. I can't pretend anymore that I'm automatically going to be okay. It doesn't work that way! I'm tired of being in pain constantly. I'm tired of being in this cycle of happy and hate. I'm tired of it all.” Tears flowed endlessly down Boms face as she tugged on her hair in vain. “I hate Jungjin so much.”


As those last words escaped her lips Cho Seungho took a hold of her wrist. He tugged her back into the streets and they began walking. Bom tried to tug herself free.


“What are you doing?!”


He didn't answer her.


She yelled at him again. “What the are you doing?!”


Seungho stopped and whirled around to face Bom. No words came from his lips but his eyes showed it all. He stared at her with that sharp hazel eyes of his. Bom immediately shut up. Seungho nodded his head at the direction they were walking towards and began walking again. Bom obediently followed.

 

Lee Bom had no idea as to what would happen next.