White Day Confessions - Sandeul's Confession

B1A4 Ver. 2.0: Humanoid Robots

 

I found Sandeul in the living room, sitting on the sofa and swinging his legs back and forth, smiling to himself. He jumped up when he heard me go in, and he wrapped his arms around me, smiling his usual gummy smile.

“Let’s go~ Let’s go~ Let’s go~” he chanted, looking for all the world like an excited child.

“Where are we going?” I asked as we went out.

“To the park,” he answered proudly.

“The park?” I laughed a little at how excited he looked.

“Well, yeah. I’ve been busting my brains thinking, and I figured I’d take you to the park and play.” He looked at me with worried eyes. “You don’t mind, do you?”

“Not at all. It’s been a while since I last when there.”

He smiled again, jumping around me as he spoke of how we would spend our time there.

“….and there’s a really, really big slide and it goes on and on and on,” he told me excitedly as he gestured with his hands to show just how huge the slide was. Truthfully, I don’t recall it being that big, but Sandeul’s enthusiasm was contagious, his laughter infectious, and soon I was just as excited as he was.

“And- And- And there’s a pond there too! And you can feed the fish, and they’ll come to you and fight for the food! Baro said if you come too close they’d jump out of the water and eat you, but I think he was just teasing. They won’t put those fishes there if they eat people, would they?”

I laughed and patted his head. “No, of course not.” He beamed and went on, telling me about the merry-go-round, with the painted horses that Baro swears would come to life at midnight, and the wooden farm animals with springs underneath that you can rock back and forth.

“So you knew about the park from Baro?”

He nodded. “He brought me there last night. I was bugging him since I still didn’t know where to take you.” He then clapped a hand over his mouth, like he’s just divulged a secret.

I laughed inwardly, imagining how that might have looked. The duck and the squirrel, out at night, roaming the park like they’re on a date. I giggled, and Sandeul asked me why.

“Nothing,” I told him, trying to keep a straight face. “So that’s why you suddenly left me, huh?” I teased. “You left me for Baro.”

He stuttered, trying to apologize, and I laughed. “I was just kidding. Oh hey, we’re here!”

For the next hour we played like little kids, trying everything from the see-saws to the merry-go-round. Smaller kids came and played with us, while older couples and some mothers looked on, shook their heads and smiled.

“See?” I said when I finally persuaded Sandeul to come near the pond. He dipped a finger in the water at my insistence, then flinched when he felt a fish nibble at it before swimming away. “They won’t eat you.”

“They look cute!” he exclaimed as he looked into the water, his initial fears having left him completely. His mouth curved in an “O” of astonishment as he began moving his head, following the path the fishes made as they swam lazily in the water.  I felt a wave of emotion wash over me as I watched him.

He didn’t know it, but I’d often see him looking longingly at the others, Jinyoung and Gongchan in particular, then frown at his own reflection. It made me think that maybe he wasn’t so confident of how he looked, and I wanted to hug him and tell him he looked perfect. But I always held back.

“So do you,” I told him now. “You look cute too, Sandeul.”

He blinked and smiled at me, but it looked sad. “No, I don’t.”

I nudged him. “Yeah, you do. Your eyes shine when you see something that amazes you. Your smile brightens everyone’s day, especially mine. You look great, Sandeul. Don’t ever let anyone tell you otherwise, okay?” I looked at him to make sure he knew I meant everything I said.

He smiled and nodded. He pulled something from his pocket and dangled it in front of me. “Wanna blow bubbles?”

I laughed and shook my head at the sudden turn of what could have been a serious conversation.

Kids came again when he started blowing bubbles, and they all jumped up and down, trying to catch the floating spheres. Laughter rang all around us as Sandeul kept blowing more and more bubbles into the air.

“That’s exactly what happens to me when you’re near,” he told me quietly. “It’s like there’s a million bubbles inside me, making me feel light and happy.” He took my hand and looked into my eyes before grazing his lips softly on the back of my hand. “I love you, Mi Ra.” He grinned and handed me a bouquet of lollipops.

He looked over my shoulder and pouted. Is it time already? Sheesh..,And I wanted to spend more time with you…”

I turned and saw Shinwoo on a bike, waving at me.

“I suppose you have to go now…” Sandeul said, but he seemed reluctant to let go of my hand. He sighed, then let go, looking really sad.

I pinched his cheeks. “Hey, cheer up. We can always go back some other time.”

“Really?” He brightened up in an instant.  “You promise?”

“I promise.” We walked together to meet Shinwoo, who told me to ride on the back of the bike, where he’d affixed a small plank so I could be more comfortable. I wrapped my arms around Shinwoo’s waist for support.

“You won’t get lost, will you?” I asked Sandeul anxiously.

“Don’t worry, I’m not Jinyoung. Have fun, Mi Ra! Happy White Day!” He waved as he watched us go. I waved back and smiled, before turning to Shinwoo.

“Where are you taking me?”

“It’s a secret,” I heard him say as he pedaled away.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I put this one up because of a message I received.

To the person who messaged me about the kissing thing: SEE? They're nothing too kissy kissy. 

It's not disgusting, right? Please tell me it's not. I was going for sweet and romantic, but if it's not...*sigh*

Anyway, it is sweet? Is it romantic? 

And I DO feel that was about Sandeul, too. 

Sanduckie, you are beautiful. And your cheeks are squishy. I love you. 

*Okay, that was embarassing*

SHINWOO'S CONFESSION WILL BE PUT UP NEXT WEEK. I love you all.