White Day Confessions - Gongchan's Confession

B1A4 Ver. 2.0: Humanoid Robots

 

“You know,” I said to Gongchan as we went up the stairs to the attic, “I think I’d rather stay here.”

He paused and pouted at me, looking every bit like a wounded puppy. “But that’s not fair. You went with the others. And besides, my surprise is in there,” he explained, pointing to the closed attic door. His eyes searched my face, then narrowed as he contemplated my words.

“You’re not scared to be alone with me, are you?” he asked slowly.

“Of course not.” I looked away.

“Then why are you blushing like that?” His smirk grew more pronounced.

I cupped my hands over my cheeks. “No I’m not.”

“Yeah, you are.”

“That’s it, I’m going downstairs.” I turned to leave, but then suddenly felt myself being lifted up and up.

“You’re not going anywhere,” he said as he hoisted me up his shoulders.

Gongchan opened the door and went in, ignoring my futile attempts at escape. By the time I remembered to scream, we were already inside, and he had closed the door behind us. He set me down gently, turning me so I faced the vast expanse of the room.  I didn’t see anything special about it, unless I count the fact that it was way neater than my own room. On one corner was a small table, and Gongchan led me to it. He pulled out a chair for me, then told me to wait.

“I asked Jinyoung to help me make dinner, since you’re probably tired and hungry after being all over the place today.”

“You’re just going to stare and watch me eat?” I asked as I took a bite of Aglio Olio, a sort of pasta that was Jinyoung’s specialty.

Gongchan nodded as he sat on the opposite side, facing me. He propped his chin on both hands, his chin on both hands, then smiled even wider as he looked at me. It was okay for the first few minutes, but his stare started getting to me. I swear he didn’t blink, not even once.

“Why are you staring?” I asked, uneasy.

“I’m trying to memorize your face.”

“Why?”

He shrugged. “Just ‘cause.”

He started asking me random questions. What my favorite color was, what sort of flowers I liked, why I hated Math.

“It’s confusing,” I told him. “It’s fine when it’s just numbers and stuff, but I don’t get why the whole alphabet had to join too. Who needs to know where “x” and “y” and “z” are? They’re probably hiding because too many people are looking for them. Numbers are numbers and letters are letters for a reason. Having them in one equation is simply atrocious.”

He asked what sort of movies I like, and whether I feel sad that my dad’s not around.

“I’m used to it,” I said. “Sometimes I do feel sad, like when my birthday comes. I’d spend the day with my friends, but then I come home and it’s too quiet and there’s no one but me. I mean, it’s cool that my dad’s an archeologist, I know he loves his job and he’s happy, so I’m happy for him too, but there are times when I wish that he had a job here instead, so I get to see him and talk to him whenever I want, instead of just  getting phone calls every now and then.

“Which is why I’m grateful to you guys, because since you came I’ve never been lonely. I wake up and you’re there, and I go home and you’re all waiting for me. I’m never alone, and I really appreciate that.” I ducked my head, suddenly shy. I think it was the first time I talked that much. It was also the first serious conversation I had with Gongchan. This was the type of conversation I would normally have with Shinwoo or Jinyoung, but it seems that he’s pretty mature too, behind the cute face and the fail-proof aegyos.

“You’re done?” he asked when I finally finished eating.

I nodded. “Should we go downstairs now?”

“Why are you in a hurry? You haven’t even seen my surprise yet.”

Really? I thought the dinner was his surprise…

He stood up, and I followed him with me eyes. Just then, the lights went out.

“Gongchan!” I screamed, screwing my eyes shut. There was one thing, and only one thing that I hated more than anything else in the world and that was being in the dark. “Where are you? Turn the lights on!”

He was beside me in a second, and I clung to him as he apologized over and over for scaring me. He helped me stand up. I refused to let go of his shirt, which was I still clutched in my fists.

I heard him chuckle. “If I had known you’d be like this, I’d have shut myself in a dark room with you ages ago.”

“Not funny,” I muttered.”

“You’re too cute. Open your eyes, Mi Ra. Come on.”

I cautiously opened one eye, then the other. I blinked a few times, then felt my mouth hang open. The room wasn’t dark at all, because from every corner, everywhere I looked at tiny stars winked back at me. Gongchan had stuck Lord knows how many star-shaped glow-in-the-dark stickers all over the room.

“I know you look at the stars ever night to make a wish,” he said softly, stepping in to stand beside me. “When the sky outside is cloudy and you can’t see the stars, we can come up here. I already picked stars for you to wish on. I’m amazing, huh?”

I just nodded, not sure if I could even talk.

“Here’s another surprise,” he said, then made me turn right. On the wall, spelled out in more stickers were: I ♥ Mi Ra. He gently pressed his lips on my temple, then pulled back, surprised. “A-Are you crying?”

I shook my head, but more tears streamed from my eyes, betraying my response. All the surprises and confessions I received today made me feel extremely loved. I tried to wipe my tears, but it was no use. They came one after the other, racing down my cheeks.

“Did I do something wrong? Didn’t you like my surprise?”

I couldn’t stop crying long enough to answer him. The door opened and the lights went on, and I heard the sound of footsteps shuffling into the room.

“Time’s up!” Sandeul declared at the same moment that Gongchan said “It wasn't me!”

Jinyoung came over and gathered me into his arms. “Are you okay? Did Gongchan do anything wrong?”

“I didn’t! I swear!” Gongchan yelled. He was on the floor, being assaulted. Baro was sitting on his back, messing up his hair, while Sandeul  kept trying to yank his shoe off. Shinwoo watched them with  a wary amusement, but then cast me a worried look. “Mi Ra!” Gongchan yelled. “Save me!”

“Stop it, you guys. It’s not his fault. Let Gongchan go.”

Sandeul and Baro immediately backed off, and Gongchan stuck his tongue out at them with an “I told you so” expression on his face.

“Then why are you crying?” Shinwoo asked.

“I-I’m crying because I’m so happy,” I answered in between sniffles. “This is the best White Day I’ve ever had. Thank you so much. I love all of you too.”

“You’re so silly,” Jinyoung said as he wiped my tears. "And anyway, we have one last surprise for you. Let’s go up to the rooftop, okay?”

I nodded and let them lead me to the rooftop. Shinwoo walked beside me. Gongchan was on Jinyoung’s other side, while Baro and Sandeul skip-hopped ahead of us, not arguing for once.

“We found sparklers in the attic,” Shinwoo explained when we got to the rooftop. He handed me a couple of sparklers and lit them for me. Jinyoung joined us and the three of us stood in a line, watching sparks fly from the lighted sticks. Behind us, Gongchan, Baro and Sandeul were playing tag, chasing each other with sparklers in their hands.  The silent night was broken by the sound of mingled laughter, and I had never been happier in my entire life.

Later that night they all came to say good night. I thanked them with a hug. Gongchan came in last.

“Thanks for the stars,” I said as I hugged him.

“No problem. Oh, and I forgot to give you something.” He handed me a box of white chocolates. “Happy White Day, Mi Ra. Sleep well. Goodnight.”

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

  

Just because. I love the music video, but the Korean lyrics are still stuck in my head. I like the Korean song better, but I think the Japanese music video is cuter.

Gongchan is still innocent, okay? lol. He's not...what you think he is..Though maybe that's my fault...I always give the weird scenes to him...

.Also, updates wil probably be slower. I'm busy with a lot of things now, so..I hope you understand.

And I still have that writer's block. Jinyoung won't tell me what he wants me to do with him in the next chapters.