Possessed Alarm Clocks and Sudden Freak-outs

B1A4 Ver. 2.0: Humanoid Robots

 

Ring~

Ring~

 

The wail of the alarm clock easily penetrated the pillows I’ve stuck on either side of my ears. Seriously, I think my alarm clock’s possessed.  In the movies I always see people who get to wake up late because their alarm clock didn’t wake them up properly, but mine’s never like that. It’s like it has its own mind, like a heat seeking missile, only it’s got its sights on my eardrums. I sat up to turn it off. I usually relished this time of the day. I wake up at least two hours earlier on school days, since I had a lot of things to do in the morning. Also, it gives me a couple minutes to lounge around until my brain fully wakes up.

Not today though.

“Oh no!” I looked in horror at the time indicated on my alarm clock. It was already 7:15, which meant I only had forty-five minutes to get ready for school. I still had to bathe, eat breakfast, prepare my lunch and iron my uniform. There was simply no way to do everything and make it to school in time, but I had to try. I threw the covers back and ran downstairs, not even bothering to wash my face or brush my hair. I practically flew to the kitchen, only to come at a complete stop.

Two guys were standing with their back to me, looking busy. Only then did last night’s memories came flooding back. Apparently I now had five male robots living with me.

Jinyoung turned suddenly, smiling automatically when he saw me. “Oh, you’re awake. Good morning, Mi Ra. Did you sleep well?” He was wearing a flowery apron I seemed to remember buying about two years ago for my Home Economics class. It was all lacy and girly, but it suited him. Sort of.

“God morning, Princess Mi Ra!” Sandeul yelled enthusiastically, abandoning the glass of orange juice he had been preparing. He was wearing an apron too, something yellow with tiny ducks all over, with a matching scarf to prevent his hair from getting in his face. He held his arms out, running towards me. I stopped him with by placing my hand on his forehead, keeping him at arm’s length.

“Hold it there, Ducky,” I told him, then faced Jinyoung. “Good morning to you too. Were you the ones who set my alarm back?”

“Yep,” he said, flipping the pancakes. “We all decided you needed more time to sleep. Gongchan ckecked your organizer, and we found out you set your alarm two hours too early. You don’t have to be in school until eight.”

Sandeul still kept trying to hug me, so I kept my arm stiff. “Well, I have a lot of things to do in the morning.”

“Well, we’re here now, so you don’t have to worry. We’ll do everything for you. That’s why we’re here, after all.  Breakfast is ready. Come eat.” He set a plate of pancakes on the table.

I turned to Sandeul. “I’m going to let go now. You won’t hug me, right?”

He stopped pushing against my palm and nodded. I put my arm down. Wrong move. He grabbed me and pulled me in for a hug.

“Hey! I thought you were supposed to follow my orders!” I complained as I struggled to get out of his arms.

“Yup,” he said, his eyes smiling as he looked at me. “But that wasn’t an order, was it?”

Well, he had a point.

“Let Mi Ra go so she can eat,” Jinyoung said, pulling Sandeul off of me. I mouthed him a quick ‘thank you’ and he smiled.

“Where are the others?” I asked as I sat down.

Both of them sat in front of me with expectant looks on their faces. I began eating. “Wow, this is really good,” I told Jinyoung. “I didn’t expect you could cook well.”

“Thanks,” Jinyoung said. “Shinwoo’s cleaning the garage, and Baro and Gongchan are helping him. Did you really like the pancakes?”

Sandeul scoffed. “Psh. Pancakes? They’re easy to make. You should see what I made you for lunch. It’s a surprise, but I’m sure when you eat them you’d be able to see just who is the better cook.”

“Hey.” Jinyoung seemed offended.

“What?” Sandeul asked. “It’s true. You’ll see later.” He  propped his chin on both hands and grinned, looking confident with himself.

After I finished eating, I started to clean up, but Jinyoung stopped me, taking the dishes from me. “I’ll do them,” he said. “You should be getting ready for school, right?”

“Oh. Oh, yeah! Um…Thanks again. For the breakfast. You too Sandeul. Tell Shinwoo too, and the others.”

“I will.”

I started to walk back to my room. I was already on the second step when I noticed Sandeul was following me. “Are you following me?”

“Yes.”

“I’m taking a bath.

“I know.”

“So why are you following me?”

“I’m helping you take a bath.”

I almost choked. “You’re helping me bathe?”

He nodded again, and it was the honest innocence on his derpy face that saved him from being broken into a million pieces in my hands.

“Why?” he asked, apparently clueless. “Do you want the others to help too? I can call them..”

“N-no!”

He was already yelling. “Baro! Gongchan! Come in here for a minute, Mi Ra needs help bathing!”

“I do not—“

“Coming!” I heard Baro say.

“They’ll follow,” Sandeul looked up at me, smiling with his eyes. “Let’s go?”

“No!” I screamed, wrapping my arms around my chest, shocked that he would even dare suggest such a thing. Sandeul looked shocked at my sudden outburst. Just then Baro and Gongchan came into the house, looking at me too.

“AHHH!” I screamed again. “Stay there, all of you! NO ONE is helping me bathe!” I ran all the way to my room, and locked  the door behind me, still screaming at the top of my lungs.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Meanwhile….

“Why is she screaming like that?” Baro asked as they heard another scream from upstairs.

“What exactly did you tell her?” Jinyoung asked. He had come running from the kitchen the moment he heard Mi Ra scream, thinking that something bad had happened.

“I told her we’d help her bathe,” Sandeul answered. “Then she started screaming and freaking out. Did I do something wrong? I just wanted to help her.”

All four of them just looked at each other and shook their heads, totally clueless as to why Mi Ra had reacted that way.

“What happened?” Shinwoo asked as he came into the house. His hands were dusty, having done most of the cleaning in the garage. “I heard screaming. Was that Mi Ra?”

“Yes,” Gongchan answered, dusting his own hands. “We all came to help her bathe but then she started screaming.”

“Why?” Shinwoo asked, looking at Jinyoung, who only shrugged.

“I don’t get it,” Sandeul complained, pouting. “Won’t it take much lesser time of we all pitched in and help her shower?”

They all looked at each other, not understanding the whole thing at all.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I fail at titles, seriously. Can anyone suggest titles for the fanfic? B1A4 Ver. 2.0 is too much of a fail. Anyway....Thanks for reading.