White Day Confessions - Jinyoung's Confession

B1A4 Ver. 2.0: Humanoid Robots

 

I groaned as I rolled over, fumbling for my alarm clock. Who would have thought I’d actually miss its annoying wail? It had been months since I last used it as an alarm clock. Now it’s more of a display on my bedside table, since Shinwoo had taken it upon himself to be my personal alarm clock, waking me every morning with a smile. Where was he now?

I dragged myself off the bed, then began the daily rituals of washing my face and brushing my teeth. By the time I got to the kitchen I was wide awake, and the first thing I noticed was that it was empty. Normally Jinyoung and Sandeul would be there, wearing aprons and whipping up some really delicious breakfast.  For the first time since they came, the house was truly quiet, and I didn’t like it. I found a warm breakfast waiting for me at the kitchen table, and beside it was a single white rose with a note attached to it. I read the note while I ate.

 

Your adventure begins today.

Head out to the garden when you’re ready.

Don’t forget to eat breakfast, okay?

I’ll be waiting.

                                        -Jinyoung

 

I took a quick bath after breakfast, making sure I was ready for the “adventure”, whatever that was. It was already spring, my favorite time of the year.

Now, we had a really big garden at the back of the house. I wasn’t able to pay much attention to it before, but thanks to Baro and Sandeul it now looked like a proper garden, with actual flowers and a wide expanse of neatly trimmed grass. They even repainted the old swing set, and that was where I saw Jinyoung.

At first, I saw nothing but him. He was standing only a few feet away from me, holding a bunch of wildflowers tied together with a blue bow. Maybe it was only a trick of the light, but I could have sworn I saw a sort of halo appear around him when he smiled. I blinked once, and it was gone. He was Jinyoung again, with the phoenix eyes that looked sharp and alert when he was focused on something, but always turned warm and mellow when he was smiling, like he was now. There was a hint of dimples in his cheeks, and I wondered how I never noticed that before.

I peeled my eyes off him, and only then did I notice what he had done. Flowers in white, blue and lavender climbed up the sides of the swing, hanging in vines entwined around the chains. Each flower was intricately designed, and was absolutely beautiful.

“Wow,” I breathed as I got closer. I touched one of the flowers. They were artificial, made from crepe paper, but from a distance they looked so real.

“You like it?” he asked, still smiling.

I nodded as he helped me sit. He occupied the other swing, and we gently pushed ourselves off the ground.

“What’s all this for?” I asked.

He laughed. “Don’t you know what today is?”

“It’s Saturday?”

“Well, yeah. And it’s also White Day.”

My mind flashed to the conversation I had with my friends, and how I said I wasn’t expecting anything today. I thought of the robots, practically ignoring me these past days, seemingly busy with a lot of things. I thought of how they tried to question me subtly, just to make sure I wasn’t going anywhere else today. I smiled to myself, feeling grateful and flattered for their effort, even though they were only doing it because I’m their owner.

“And the others?” I asked even though I sort of had an idea what he was going to say next.

“They all have their own surprises,” Jinyoung answered. “But for now, you’re mine.”

The sudden note of possessiveness in his voice  took me by surprise, but he only laughed and got up to stand in front of me.  He started pushing the swing a little harder each time. I laughed at first, but immediately felt awkward, because each time the swing went forward, it always brought my face just a little closer to his. I got close enough to see the warm brown of his eyes.

He pushed the swing again, and my face burned as I watched a small smile tilt the corners of his mouth upward. It all happened very quickly, but my brain registered every millisecond. I went forward again, knowing for sure that our faces where going to touch this time, wondering why Jinyoung wasn’t backing away, wondering why he was smiling like that, wondering why my heart was beating so fast, wondering why—

I shut my eyes tight as his face got closer. Something warm and soft touched the tip of my nose. When I opened my eyes I was still suspended in mid-air. Jinyoung had gotten hold of the chains that connected to the canvas seat I was sitting on, and again it struck me that however human they looked and acted, the fact remains that they weren’t human. But was what of immediate concern was that my face was still close to his, and he was still wearing that smile, and my insides had turned into mush. Whether from the kiss or from the swing ride, I had yet to figure out.

He set me down gently, then helped me stand up. I blinked a few times, trying to get my bearings, but then he pulled me close and whispered to my ear.

“I love you, Lee Mi Ra. Happy White Day.”

He handed me a bag of candies as a voice rang out from inside the house. Jinyoung sighed, then rolled his eyes.

“That would be Sandeul. Doesn’t want to miss a single second, that guy…” He smiled at me again. “He’s waiting for you inside the house.”

I thanked him, still half-dazed, and began walking back to the house. I had to take small breaths to calm myself, because in the back of my mind those three words still played over and over, and I wondered why he said them.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm gonna be updating this chap with the rest of the confessions. I just put Jinyoung's first because I wanted a reason to spazz about their Japanese MV. IT'S  SO CUTE!!!! My tumblr dashboard is already filled with their gifs...

I freakin' died seeing Baro in this one.

edit: I'm putting up different chapters for each confession. And I'm working on the school festival chapter, and I don't want to leave dead air in between ^_^