They Knew.

Start What Must Be Finished

“Jaejooooooonggg~ I’m coming in my love~.” Junsu, as happy as ever, announced Jae’s name as he stepped into his house. Jaejoong jumped at the voice of Junsu and quickly tried to recollect himself.

 

“A-Ah! Ye! Junsu-yah… Next time give me a call..” Jaejoong wiped his eyes furiously as Junsu stepped into his kitchen with Jiji in his arms.  Junsu was cuddling with the kitty until he saw the look on Jaejoong’s face.

 

“Jaejoong… What’s the matter?” Junsu glanced at the food on the table and then at the spoon in his hand.

 

“Oh? This? I was hungry, so I made myself something to eat.” He was a terrible liar.

 

“Well that’s quite a bit of food for one person, don’t you think?”  Junsu placed Jiji down and walked over to Jaejoong who refused to look Junsu in the eyes. “Hyung.  You went to visit Yunho. What happened?”

 

Jaejoong smiled that painful smile and laughed.  He turned to look Junsu in the eyes as the tears began to form again.  Jaejoong shook his head and bit his lip as he did so.

 

Junsu sighed.  “Listen, Jae.  You can’t hide it anymore right now, so just ing let it out. I don’t know if you could tell, but we all know that you like Yunho.”  Jaejoong stopped breathing. 

 

“Junsu.. That’s the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard come out of your mouth!”

“Jae save it. Look me in the eyes right now.” Jaejoong turned his head slowly toward Junsu, impatient Junsu grabbed Jaejoong’s face with one hand and stared each other in the eyes. “If I told you right now, that there was never anything scandalous between me and Yoochun, would you doubt it?”

 

Jaejoong’s eyes searched back and forth between Junsu’s eyes furiously.  He was trying to doubt it. “N-No…” Junsu smirked.

 

“Good.”  Junsu let go of Jaejoong’s face.

“J-Junsu.. Y-you and Yoochun-ah..” Junsu nodded.

“How long have we’ve been friends and I never really knew?”

“Same reason you’re not telling us.  I know you’re scared.  But you at hiding it.  The reason we know how you feel is because we are like you.  We can see right through your lies, just like we saw threw ours.” Junsu giggled.  Jaejoong was still trying to take in the information he just received.  Years, absolute YEARS! They had been friends. No, not even that, BEST friends, and he never knew.  Jaejoong wondered what Changmin knew, and started to wonder if Yunho actually knew.

 

Jaejoong’s cheeks flushed at the thought of his best friends together.

 

“Are you going to tell me what Yunho did or not?” Junsu asked impatiently.  Jaejoong was reluctant, he wanted to say something but he didn’t want to at the same time.

 

“W-Well.. I mean it’s nothing huge.  I mean Yunho can’t like men, so why does it matter anymore Junsu?” Junsu grimaced.  “Wh-what?!  I walked in on him with another woman!  Nothing serious…  It was completely my fault for thinking I could just walk in like I own the place and think that nothing else was going on between him.”  Junsu dropped his jaw and gasped.

 

“That’s impossible!  Y-Yunho... I know for a fact Yunho…  Who was the woman?”

“I don’t know, and I don’t care… I didn’t know he was like that...”  Jaejoong bit his lip and swallowed hard to keep his tears down.  He went to go and get another spoonful of the food when the tears broke out while he chewed.  He breathed in heavily and started to sob with the food in his mouth.  Junsu walked over to Jaejoong and placed his hand on his back. 

 

“It’s alright Jaejoong, I’m here… You’re alright.”  Junsu rubbed his back gently, pulling Jaejoong into a side hug.  Jaejoong immediately dropped his spoon and covered his face with his hands as he cried in Junsu’s chest.  Junsu was getting rather upset as to why Yunho would ever do something like that.  He was even more curious as to whom the damn woman was; he knew very well that Yunho had feelings for Jaejoong. But if Yunho hadn’t come out already with his feelings, then something must be up.

 

For the next two hours, Junsu stayed with Jaejoong to keep him comforted.

 

“I’ll be heading out now, but if you need something, give me a ring.  I’ll be here for help, but I have to get going.”

 

“Ah ye.. Thanks.. Junsu-yah.. Take care and drive safely.” They gave each other hug and with that Junsu left rather upset, but didn’t show it to Jaejoong.

 

As soon as Junsu was out of the building he immediately called up Yoochun.

 

“Ello.”

 

“Oh Yoochun-i hyung. Are you busy?”

 

“Of course not, I always have time for you~”

 

“Never mind that.  We have a problem.”

 

“Why? What’s wrong?”  Yoochun started to panic, thinking Junsu was in trouble.

 

“It’s Yunho-hyung and Jaejoong-hyung. Yunho’s fooling around with a woman.”

 

“What?!  How?! Why?!  Wait, wait, are you sure?”

 

“Positive.  I just came from Jaejoong-hyung’s place.  He was crying because he caught him with someone.”

 

“Oh my god!  So Jaejoong really does have feelings for Yunho? Ah, I’m glad he finally confessed…”

“No! Yoochun you’re missing the point.  They won’t be together if Yunho’s fooling around with a woman!”  Junsu whipped out his keys and opened his car door.

 

“Well we can’t be wrong about Yunho’s feelings if we got Jaejoong’s feeling right…” Junsu started his car and started to drive off.

 

“I know…  I have an idea of what we can do.”

 

“Well, what is it?”

 

“It’s been a little while since we’ve all seen each other.  Let’s have a secret party.  Just the five of us.”  Junsu smiled through the phone at the thought of all five of the friends laughing together with drinks and food, telling stories and making even more memories.

 

“That actually sounds like a great idea.  Ya!  Best idea you’ve had in a while Jusu~”

 

“Ya!  Don’t call me that!  And shut up, you face, I’ve had plenty good ideas.”

 

“Yeah, yeah we’ll just see where that of yours will end up tonight after a great idea like that.”  Junsu blushed fiercely.

 

“You!  I’m hanging up now!”  Junsu ended the call and threw his phone in the passenger’s seat, with an irritated, embarrassed face. “Greasy bastard.”  Even Junsu couldn’t stay mad at Yoochun forever, his irritation soon followed a soft gentle smile when he glance down back at his phone.

 

Yoochun laughed when the call ended.  He hung up as well but touched his lip with a finger and smiled at the thought of the face Junsu would be making at that moment.  He laughed out loud and put his phone away as he went back to the photo shoot with a wide grin on his face.

 

When Yunho arrived at Changmin’s house he was a mess, his eyes were irritated, his hair pointed in every which way and his shirt was half tucked into his pants.

 

“Hyung…”

“I didn’t bring anything over… I’m sorry… But.. Let me cook for you?”
“Hyung I-” Yunho cut Changmin off by walking into the house without taking his shoes off.

 

“Hyung, you’re a mess.  What happened?”

“What? Oh… Yeah…”

“What do you mean “Oh yeah”?” Changmin said rather snottily.

“Well you see…”  Yunho walked into Changmin’s living room and sat on the couch as Changmin went into the kitchen to get some drinks for the two.

 

“For pete’s sake Yunho, spit it out!  You don’t just come over here with giving a good damn reason acting like this!”

 

Yunho leaned over and put his head in his hands.

 

“I’m sorry Changmin, I just… I’m just… I’m so confused right now…”

“Well tell me what’s going on and I can help.” Changmin said as he placed the drinks on the table in front of them and sat down next to Yunho.

 

Yunho grimaced, “It’s.. I really… It’s something really hard to tell you right now…”

 

“I can’t help you if you don’t tell me hyung.” Changmin laughed a bit to lighten the mood, but it didn’t work.

 

“Aish…”

“Did something happen with the woman you picked up at the bar?”

“Sort of…”

“Don’t tell me… She had an STD didn’t she?”

Yunho looked at Changmin who looked as if he saw a ghost. “What?! No!  I didn’t have with her!”

“Then what happened?!”
“It’s hard to explain right now!”
“Well just say it! It’s only me!”

“But you’ll think of me differently!”
“Hyung! It’s me! How long have we been this close?!”

“Changmin!”
“YUNHO!”

 

Yunho looked away from Changmin.  He couldn’t find it in his heart to tell him, he didn’t want Changmin to run away or think of him differently.  Yunho still saw the young Changmin from the old days who was cheeky and yet innocent.  He could never get over the fact that Changmin was growing into a man.

 

“I vakdh rh …”

 

“What?  Speak louder.”

 

“I said.. kh viae righvakhe.”

 

“I’m not going to play this game with you.”

 

Yunho rolled his eyes and grabbed Changmin’s shoulder and brought his ear to his mouth and he whispered.

 

“What? Psh! Oh that?! I already knew!”

Yunho died at his words.

 

“W-what? You knew?!”

“I’m pretty sure everyone knew. Back then too.”

 “Until how long ago?”

“Oof… Maybe third year together? We were always getting these vibes from you guys, Yoochun and Junsu were the first to notice, I never really noticed until they brought it up to me. I guess they saw it because they’re… Well you get the idea…”

“What do you mean… ‘they are’?”

 

“Well… They’re that kind of relationship…” Changmin was a little awkward making the statement as Yunho’s eyes widened and was taken aback.

 

“I-I never knew…”

“Yeah me neither until our daebak with Mirotic, back when they were really cold to each other…”

They sat their awkwardly for a little while and took small sips of their tea.

 

“Oh yeah, there was a reason you came here looking all distressed, what was it?”

 

Yunho froze and couldn’t find it in his heart to keep explaining to Changmin his situation.

 

“W-Well you see…”

“Hyuuung, not this again, I already know so there’s nothing to hide.”

 

“Well, Jae came over so we could eat together, and I was with that woman from the bar…”

 

“Wait, you and hyung are in a relationship?!”

“What!? No! I-I.. We still meet up, you know, like we do here and there with all five of us, but it’s hard because we’re always busy.  So me and Jae meet up a lot, you know, I usually tell you when we meet up and invite you over.”

“I know, I know, I just thought it was official.”

“No, no. He walked in on me while I was trying to get comfortable with her.”

“What do you mean comfortable?”

“It didn’t feel right kissing her.  She was pretty as usual; I’ll give her that, it just…  When she took her top off, it was still weird…” Changmin tried not to show that he felt awkward talking about this kind of thing with his hyung so he just nodded and tried to hide his embarrassed blush.

 

“Wait Jaejoong hyung walked in on you while you were having with her?!”

“No! God no!  We were just making out and her shirt was off.  He saw it, and well he ran, and I chased him and he was already gone on his bike.” Yunho’s expression went from gloomy awkwardness to despair and horror.  Changmin could feel mood change and moved away slightly. Yunho sunk his head into his hands once more and sobbed once. “I feel so wrong Changmin, I don’t know what to do!”

 

“Well you’ve been so depressed these past couple of days, it’s no wonder you’re so distraught.  Now will you tell me why you’ve been depressed this past month hyung?  Is it because of Jaejoong-hyung?”

 

Yunho stayed silent.

 

“Yun-”

“What Changmin?! What do you want me to say?! It had been two months since I last saw him!  I had only realized my feelings for him the last time we met. I was confused and didn’t understand why it had to be him. The only reason why I tried to get it on with my ex was because I wanted to see if it still felt weird to be with a woman.  I wanted to make sure I knew my feelings… And well I ed up. ed up terribly.”

 

“Ye…” Yunho whipped his head up at Changmin looking rather serious.  Changmin giggled and put his hand on his hyung’s back.  “I’m just kidding!  But what I do think is, you should talk to him.”

 

“I can-” Changmin’s phone began to ring.  The two stared at each other for a moment.

 

“Ah, hold on a moment…” Changmin pulled out his phone and saw that the call was from Junsu. “Oh! Junsu-hyung!” Changmin picked up the phone and began to talk.

 

“Yeobosayeo?

 

… Ah hyung! How are you?....

.. *laughter* That’s good, that’s good…

… Ah ye… Ye!  That sounds like fun!...

… He’s right next to me actually!”

 

“Hiiiii~ How are you Junsu-yah?”

Changmin nodded at Yunho to show that Junsu heard him.

 

“Hyung, the boys want to have a get together soon, let’s do this sometime?”

“Of course! When?”

 

“When, Junsu-hyung?

… Ah okay!...

… Yeah, I know *Changmin becomes a little serious*

… Ye… Ye… Okay! Let me know if I can do anything! See ya then hyung.”  Changmin had such a peaceful smile on his face while he said goodbye to his old friend.

 

“When is it?” Yunho asked when Changmin hung up.

 

“Tomorrow, at 9PM.”

“We have a concert at 7 in Incheon, do you think we’ll be back in time?”

“Of course! We can be a little late anyways.”

“Well, I just hope Jaejoong won’t find our time together awkward… Actually I don’t think I can bare to see him right now…”

 

“Ah don’t worry!  It’ll be fine!”  Changmin stood and made Yunho get up too. “Now come on, go get cleaned up, we got a early night off, so let’s watch a movie and have a sleep over and eat a lot of food.  Okay?”

 

Yunho smiled and nodded. “Okay.”

 

“I wanna watch a sad movie and cry and cry and eat a big sunday too!”

 

“I want to watch an action movie! Something with Jackie Chan!” The two of them yelled back and forth from across Changmin’s apartment as they did what they usually did before a ‘sleepover’.

 

Yunho and Changmin decided they’d watch both a sad and action movie, they would save the sad for last. But they huddled in front of the T.V like two teenage girls (mind you a 24 year old man and a 26 year old man) with half the food in Changmin’s house in front of them.

 

“Hyung, were you serious when you said you just realized your feelings for Jaejoong-hyung?”  Yunho stared at Changmin trying to see if he was serious or not, but Changmin couldn’t hold a straight face and laughed.

 

“Aish!” Yunho pushed Changmin and they wrestled for a short time before the movie started.