Feeling Lost

What I Thought Would Never Happen

 The next morning, Ari awoke to the smell of bacon. She sat there trying to remember what happened the day before. It all came back to her, and she jumped up. She looked around remembering that she didn't even bring any clothes. She sighed before getting up, and exiting the room.

   Sung Gyu's grandmother greeted her with a smile, and gave her a plate. She said, "I decided to cook an American breakfast. You must be starving since you didn't eat anything last night."

   Ari nodded and took the plate. She smiled softly at the elderly woman. "Thank you....?"

   "Oh just call me halmeoni."

   Ari nodded and replied, "Thank you halmeoni."

   After breakfast, the two decided to sit in the living room and chat.

   "Halmeoni I don't know what to do. I don't even have a job.... I can't pay rent..." said Ari.

   "You seem to forget that we own a restaurant. We might have a job for you. But the room is free. Since you are Sung Gyu's friend don't worry about paying rent. But how did you get out on your own in the first place?"

   "Even though I am 22 I have been living with my parents.... But recently something happened. I would rather not go into details." 

   Halmeoni nodded, and decided to leave it at that. They heard the door open, and Sung Gyu walked into the room. He smiled at them and waved.

   He looked at Ari and said, "I was hoping we could go somewhere. Do you want to?"

   Ari looked at him suspiciously, but nodded. They said goodbye to halmeoni, and walked out the door. He led her to his car, and she got in. He then started driving to an unknown place. 

   Ari glanced out the window and asked, "Where are you taking me? Back to your house? I am not in the mood for right now."

   "Why do you always assume I want to have with you?" asked Sung Gyu annoyed.

   "Because that is what everyone else wants from me. Why should you be any different?" she asked coldly.

   "Well I am not one of those people who help girls to get into their pants. To answer your first question, I am taking you to buy clothes. You really need some."

   "With what money? In case you haven't noticed, I am penniless." 

   "My money." 

   "Look, you have already done enough for me. I hate owing people, so don't add to my debt."

They arrived at the store moments later. Before Ari could get out, Sung Gyu stopped her. 

   "Think of this as a gift from a friend. You will not be paying me back for it."

   Ari sighed and got out of the car. The two then went into the store and looked around. Ari went over to a rack and found a lot of different things. When she was done picking out things, they went to the cash register. Sung Gyu paid for the clothes, and they got back into the car.

   Ari glanced at him and said quietly, "Thank you oppa...."

   Sung Gyu decided to by saying, "What? I can't hear you."

   "I said thank you. Thats all your getting." said Ari.

   Sung Gyu chuckled and said, "Okay I get it. Are you hungry?" 

   Ari nodded and looked out the window. Soon they arrived at the restaurant that his grandparents owned. He waved at halmeoni, and led her to a table and they sat down. 

   "Doesn't it feel weird to you to be a customer at your grandparents' restaurant?" 

   Sung Gyu raised his eyebrow, "Ani.. Should it be?"

   Ari just shrugged. The waiter came soon after that and they ordered their food. When their food arrived, they ate in silence. It was a comfortable silence that Ari wasn't used to. Silence to her was always disappointment, but now it felt alright and it felt safe. She looked at Sung Gyu in wonder, confused about how this man could make her feel safe when she hadn't even known him for a full day. She shook off the thought when he looked up from his food.

   Sung Gyu smiled and got up to pay. Soon after that he told Ari that he had to leave because of work. When he was gone Ari went to go talk to halmeoni. 

   "I think you would make a good waitress. You look like you have good balance." said Halmeoni.

   "Really? You are hiring me?" 

   "Of course. You can start tomorrow. But for now just go upstairs and get some rest." halmeoni smiled and pat Ari on the shoulder. 

   Ari obeyed, and went upstairs. She sat there and watched TV until dinner time. After dinner she went straight to bed. The next morning she woke up and found a note on the refrigerator. 

  Ari, 

   Your shift starts at 2:30 PM. So you can have some free time until then. I am going to be pretty busy today, so another waitress is going to help you. 

   Halmeoni

   Ari read the note and walked out the door. She decided to ride the bus to the mall to look around the shops. She was sitting on the bus when it jerked and someone's coffee landed on her, spilling all over her clothes.

 

 


Annyeong! <3 I hope that this chapter is good enough! Should I spam you with some K-Pop abs? 

 

 

And I say... You're welcome ;D