The Beginning

What I Thought Would Never Happen

BANG! 

   The sound of Ari's bedroom door slamming shut awoke her. She looked up to see her mother glaring down at her. Her mother was looking at the form next to her on the bed. Ari looked to the side and pushed the boy off the bed. The boy then awoke with confusion flashing across his face. He then was shocked to see Ari's mother standing there glaring at him.

   Ari rolled her eyes and threw the boys clothes at him. He caught them and ran out the door while putting them on. Ari's mother looked after him and waited for him to walk out the front door. When he did she turned back to her daughter and sighed in disappointment. 

   "Ari, you can't continue to do this. You are a young girl. You haven't even fallen in love once. You doing this is just going to put yourself in more pain!" said Mrs. Song. She was speaking calmly until the very last sentence.

   "That is so funny mom. I am 22 years old, so why do you insist on controlling me? It obviously isn't that bad since you used to anyone you could to get back at dad. Is it wrong for me to have with guys that I have no attachment to? Please.... Go make someone elses life a living hell." Ari replied coldly.

   She then got up and grabbed her clothes. She pushed her mother out of her room, and went into the bathroom. She looked in the mirror and saw a hickey on her neck. She turned the bath water on and went to turn on some music. She always listened to music during a bath because it calmed her.

   After her shower she went downstairs to eat some breakfast. Her parents walked into the kitchen when she was eating her cereal. She put her spoon down and looked back at them.

   "Well you look like you have something to say to me.... What is it this time?" asked Ari angrily.

   "Since you haven't listened to us these past few years.... We have decided that you will be getting married." said Mr. Song.

   Ari's eyes widened and she stood up abruptly. She screamed, "What the hell? You can't just make me marry someone. I suppose you plan to marry me to a saint right? To make me "learn my lesson"? Well I am not going to." 

   Mr. Song replied, "Actually we can make you, and we will. No he is not a saint, but he sure as hell isn't some erted boy that you are always with. Go put on a dress, we are going to meet your future husband." 

   "No! You really think I am going to do that?" Ari pushed past them and walked out the door. She could hear her parents behind her.

   "Come back here young lady!" shouted her mother.

   "Don't worry. She will be back with one of her toys." said her father.

   As Ari walked away from that house, she felt herself start to cry for the first time in a long time. She felt helpless, and she knew that she could never go back home. She refused to marry someone she didn't even know. Sure, to her having with someone she didn't know was okay, but marrying someone was out of the question. She continued walking down the street until she made it to a cafe.

   Right there, in that cafe, she realized that she didn't have any money. She had no where to go. She couldn't rent a room, and she couldn't go back home. So she did the only thing that came to her. She cried again. She did it silently so that she wouldn't catch the attention of people. She fell asleep while sitting there, and was awoken a while later by a tap on her shoulder.

   Ari woke up to see a goodlooking man looking at her. She tilted her head, and looked at him with confusion.

   "Sorry to wake you up. But I thought you might be uncomfortable. Shouldn't you be somewhere else sleeping?" asked the man.

   Tears started flowing again, and the man was startled. He looked around, and tried to comfort her. 

   "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you cry." he said.

   "Mianhae... It's not your fault. I was stupid to try to run away without having anywhere to run to...." said Ari quietly.

   "What? You don't have anywhere to go?" asked the man.

   Ari nodded wiping her tears.

   "I know a place where you might be able to stay. If you would be willing to follow someone that you don't know.." 

   Ari narrowed her eyes and replied, "What do you want from me in return? ?" 

   The man threw up his hands and shook his head, "No nothing like that. I just wouldn't feel right leaving a person out on the street. Here come with me.... Oh and I am Sung Gyu." 

   Ari was startled. It was the first time that someone was doing something for her without her giving them . She gave him a small smile and said, "Ari... Song Ari."

  "Its nice to meet you Ari-ssi. Let's go." 

   Ari nodded and followed him out the door of the cafe. He led her to another building a couple blocks away. It looked like another restaurant. He led her to the back of the restaurant. An elderly couple was back there.

   "Grandma, Grandpa I brought a friend here." Ari looked at Sung Gyu when he said friend. She never really had friends, so she was really happy when he said that she was his friend. 

   "Oh hello dear. Come upstairs!" said the woman. She led Ari up the stairs to a little apartment. Ari looked around the small apartment and smiled softly. It felt more like a home than her own house. The woman led her into a small room and said, "You may sleep here if you would like. Since you are a friend of Sung Gyu, you can stay as long as you want. You poor thing, you look like you have been through a lot."

   "Neh... Ahjumma thank you for this. I promise I will be out of your hair... I just need some time to get things straight." said Ari.

   Sung Gyu walked into the room. He said, "Is this room okay?"

   Ari nodded and asked, "Sung Gyu-ssi why are you doing this for me?"

   Sung Gyu sighed, "I may not know your story. But anyone can tell by looking at you that you have been through a lot."

   Ari nodded and Sung Gyu grabbed her phone. Ari looked at him in confusion.

   "I am putting my number in your phone. If you need anything else, don't be affraid to tell me," Sung Gyu said as he walked out of the room, and out of the apartment. 

   Soon after that Ari fell asleep.

 


Soooooo is the 1st chapter okay? It's not exactly what I wanted it to be.... But maybe the 2nd chapter will be better XD