The Fifth Day of Christmas: Someone From Her Past

Twelve Days of Christmas

Jeremy’s POV

It is another day of coldness and yet another day of work. Working however seems a little less torturous now than it was before. Do not get me wrong. I am still suffering under this thick penguin mascot costume and I would love to get out of it as soon as possible but I have to admit that receiving the rewards for my efforts at the end of the day has been surprisingly satisfying too. I guessed I never really gave work a chance before this.

Waddling around the shop, I continued to attract the attention of those bubbly little children who would then whine their way into getting their parents to buy the cotton candy I was selling. The boss has been extremely pleased with my performance lately and was even disappointed to know I would not be working here for long.

I was busy waddling, promoting, hugging and posing when I spotted a familiar figure approaching from a distance. This meant that it was about time I knock off from work. I was grinning from ear to ear but I knew she could not see that so I raised my flippers and waved frantically. Weirdly, she did not seem to notice my enthusiastic display either.

That was when I realized she was not alone.

Geun Young’s POV

I was adjusting my black beanie as I made my way to the candy shop to meet Jeremy for dinner. Weirdly, this has become sort of a routine and a habit. Somehow, I could not help wondering how he was doing at work and I find myself getting fidgety everyday when it is nearing the time he knocked off.

It must be because he is such a kid. I am just worried that he would cause the owner more trouble, I rationalized though something in the back of my mind tells me that he is a little different now than he was when I first met him. Calling him a kid is slightly unfair now but still…

“Moon Geun Young?” A voice called out to me. It was strangely familiar and unfamiliar at the same time. I spun my head around to find myself looking at the face I was once so familiar with but have not seen in the past three years.

“Kim Bum?” I found myself uttering in sheer surprise.

“Wow it’s really you! It has been three years, hasn’t it?” He exclaimed and quickened his steps so that he is now walking next to me.

Staring at his handsome face still has the effect of making my heart pulsate just that little bit more rapidly than normal and this definitely brings back memories. “Kim Bum” has been the two words that flooded my diary in high school. Well, those words probably flooded many girls’ diaries and I was just one of those. He was one of the most, if not the most, popular guys in school and it was not hard to tell why. He was athletic, smart, gentle and terribly good-looking. And he still is.

I caught myself staring at his face and quickly snapped myself out of it.

“So… do you still blush that easily?” He asked jokingly as my face turned a crimson red. “Well, I’ll take that as a “Yes” then,” He laughed and added.

“It’s really good to see you again, Geun Young” He added with such genuine eyes that it probably took all the strength in me to keep my wobbly legs from giving way.

With a shy smile, I nodded. “It is really good to see you too,”I uttered softly.

Jeremy’s POV

It has to be the third time, if not more, that I caught Geun Young smiling to herself over dinner. I puffed up my cheeks, squinting my eyes as I continue to observe her.

“Who was that?” The question finally escaped my lips.

“Huh?” She seemed to have snapped out of her daze.

“Who was that guy with you earlier?” I asked, trying to act nonchalant as I continued eating.

“Oh…” She started before adding with a shy smile, “He’s Kim Bum. We were classmates in high school.”

Seriously? What’s with all the shyness? Was that even necessary? I found myself thinking in slight anger before I chomped on my food in unexplained frustration.

“Ow ow ow!” I exclaimed in pain as blood started oozing out of my mouth. I just chomped on my lower lips. Way to go, Jeremy.

“Oh my gosh!” Geun Young was panicking as well. Pulling me off the seat, she pushed me to the sink to wash my wound before passing me a clean cloth to exert pressure on it and stop the bleeding.

“Are you all right?” She asked with a concerned look.

“Uh” was all I could managed.

“How could you have been so careless?” She added and shook her head.

It took everything in me to refrain from throwing that literally bloody cloth at her. It’s all your fault, idiot! I found myself retaliating in my mind as I ignored her and moved to the couch to rest.

 

---

Sorry for the late update! >.< Please subscribe and comment. I would really appreciate it. <333 Thanks much! (: