The Delayed Flight

Twelve Days of Christmas

Geun Young’s POV

“Next!”, “This seems all right”, “You wanna try the last one again?”, “Aww.. I mean yeah this suits you”, …

I was enjoying playing the role of the fashion critic providing comments one after another while Jeremy tried out the various clothes we have decided to “keep-in-view” at the mall. It was about time he bought new clothes. I only bought him two sets the last time for emergency purpose. Yes, getting out of that Santa Claus suit qualified as an emergency. He was way too embarrassing.

“I think I like this one,” He shouted from inside the dressing room.

“Oh really? That’s cool. Let me take a look at-“, I choked on the last word before bursting into laughter as he paraded out in spiderman costume.

“Looks good huh?” He asked and I could almost visualize his cheesy, smirk look under that red and black mask. With that, he started flexing a little in front of the mirror. We were gathering quite an amount of attention and despite the embarrassment, I still could not stop laughing.

“When did you even sneak that one in?” I asked when I finally managed to catch my breath.

“When you weren’t looking, of course,” He replied and in a swift motion, his face was right in front of mine and I burst out laughing again. “You seemed particularly distracted today, Mary Jane” With that, he pulled my hoodie up and over my head before re-entering the dressing room.

With a slight pout, I pulled off the hoodie and smoothed down my hair. Weirdly though, instead of screaming after him, I caught myself smiling at his silliness. Somehow, I do not seem to mind his crazy antics as much now. Maybe I am getting used to him. Or maybe he is not as bad as I first thought. For instance, his wit actually helped him get back his job earlier today. Yeah, you read that right. He actually spoke up and suggested that instead of giving away free balloons for publicity, he could help sell cotton candy in that mascot costume. The tiny strings and his giant flipper hands were not very compatible. The owner seemed pretty impressed with his idea. After all, it meant low risk, equal publicity and higher profits for him. This seemingly unreliable guy managed to make peace with that angry man all by himself without my help.

*Haru Haru ringtone*

Picking up my phone, I hear the voice that belonged to the source of my distraction. “Shin Hye!” I exclaimed into the phone.

“Aww. I miss you!” The voice in the voice exclaimed and continued, “But I have a bad news. I know I’m supposed to be back today but it’s snowing really badly here so the flight was delayed. I think I’ll only be back in another two or three days!”

“Oh no that’s bad! You take care of yourself eh? Is Min Woo still with you?”

“Yep he is. So don’t worry about me. By the way, about that couch-surfer-“

“Oh yeah, we’ve met. It’s all settled, we’re fine,”

“You’ve met him?”

“Yeah, for a few days already. He seems all right now. Long story,”

“Huh? But-“

“Mary Jane, the city is in danger. We need to go,” I felt someone grip me by the wrist and found myself face-to-face with the golden-haired boy that now has a look of mock seriousness on his face. He probably paid for his clothes already because I spotted him holding a paper bag in his other hand.

Letting out a short laugh, I said into the phone, “Hey dear, sorry but I gotta go. Come back soon 'cos I miss you!”

“Oh but there’s something I needa tell you- (Shin Hye distracted by background noise. Shin Hye talking to Min Woo.) Ahh. Looks like I gotta go too. There’s a commotion in front. Maybe they are ready to finally fly us out of here. See you!”

“Oh all right. Bye!” With that I hung up the phone and was dragged to dinner by Jeremy.

 

---

Please comment/subscribe!
Also, please check out my new story  "Tainted" . Thanks! (: