Light 05

299 792 458 m/s

As light took over the darkness, birds chirped and trees rustled in the wind. Morning had come again. Sunny woke up first and yawned widely, stretching up her arms. She hadn’t woken up at all through the night. It was the first night of undisturbed sleep she had in a long, long time.

 

She smiled at the sight of Taeyeon sleeping next to her – her friend… whom she had known for all of two weeks. She was amazed by how comfortable she felt around her. They knew barely anything about each other but it didn’t seem to matter. In fact, it kind of worked for both of them. There was too much murk and dirt underneath and neither girl wanted to face it.

 

She still wondered why Taeyeon had gone up to the rooftop that night. Her reason was rather sketchy but there was no reason to push it. If she wasn’t ready to share her reason, Sunny was fine with it.

 

Taeyeon rolled onto her, her leg slipping between hers. Sunny smiled and lifted a finger to trace her fine features. The beautiful nose… lips… chin… and Sunny felt a of heat igniting somewhere inside. She went with the flow and pressed light, feathery kisses on the sleeping girl’s nose… cheeks… and eventually… lips.

 

Taeyeon moaned and returned the kiss. She was now awake and pleasantly surprised by the delicious sensations that she had thought were part of a very nice dream. The girls were consumed by a hunger – an inexplicable hunger that was dwelling deep in them. The older girl rolled onto Sunny and sat on her, straddling her.

 

Sunny grinned up at her.

 

“Someone loves being on top.”

 

“The last time was an accident.”

 

“What about this time?”

 

“You could call it a freak of nature.”

 

Sunny laughed out loud.

 

“HA… ha… ha… freak of nature? Ha… that’s rich…”

 

Taeyeon chuckled.

 

“Your chuckle is incredibly y.”

 

“I know.”

 

“You chuckle like your Dad too.”

 

Taeyeon’s face tensed for a fraction of a second. Sunny caught sight of it and made a mental note.

 

Taeyeon doesn’t like her Dad very much.

 

“I hope you don’t findhim y too.” Taeyeon quipped.

 

“Hmm… well…”

 

Taeyeon laughed and slapped her arm playfully.

 

“Do you find me y then?” she asked while winking at Sunny.

 

Sunny pursed her lips.

 

“It’s a difficult question to answer.”

 

“But you’ve already answered my question so there’s no point in pretending.”

 

“Did I?

 

“Uh huh.”

 

“I can’t answer a question before it’s been asked.”

 

“Well… you can answer it now… in action…”

 

Taeyeon smiled flirtatiously as she leaned down and captured the alluring lips that were just below hers.

 

 

+++

 

 

“Are you seeing anyone, by the way?” asked Sunny.

 

“Me? No. You?”

 

“No.”

 

Silence fell between them.

 

“Why do you ask?” asked Taeyeon.

 

“Just curious.”

 

“You don’t strike me as a curious person.”

 

“Really? How do you know?”

 

“I don’t… I’m just saying…”

 

“Well… you’re right… I’m not especially curious by nature but I can’t help wondering…”

 

“Mmm?”

 

“Why are we kissing so often?”

 

Taeyeon chuckled.

 

“Coz we’re both erts.”

 

“I’m nowhere as erted as you are.” Sunny rolled her eyes at the brunette.

 

“You’re the one who’s going around kissing sleeping people.”

 

“You can’t blame me for being attracted to you.”

 

“So… it’s my fault then?” Taeyeon feigned incredulous look.

 

“Totally.” Sunny said very seriously.

 

Then the two girls giggled.

 

Taeyeon stopped and said, “Are you looking for some kind of label to describe us?”

 

Sunny looked at her and shook her head slowly.

 

“Nah… I don’t need to label us.”

 

“So we are label less.”

 

Sunny nodded and smiled.

 

“Are you alright with that?”

 

“I am if you are.”

 

“I am.” Sunny said in an affirmative tone.

 

“So am I.”

 

 

+++

 

 

“DON’T COME NEAR ME YOU MONSTER!”

 

Jessica all but yelled at Tiffany as the younger girl strutted up to her in the showers.

 

“Why?” pouted Tiffany.

 

“You’re too sweaty and smelly. Go and take a shower.”

 

“But so are you!”

 

“Well… that and the fact that I could hardly walk this morning thanks to you.”

 

Tiffany exploded with laughter whilst Jessica scowled.

 

“I’m not kidding Tiffany, I swear, if you do me that many times again… I’m banning you from me.”

 

“Try and stop me.”

 

“Tiffany… No.” Jessica stood firm.

 

“I don’t want my timings to be affected by this. I took almost a minute longer to clear the premises today. Chief was shocked.”

 

Tiffany sighed. She knew that Jessica aimed for top scores in every exercise and taking a minute longer than usual would definitely piss her off. She raised her hands in defeat.

 

“Alright, alright… I get it… Not so many times...”

 

She paused.

 

“So… how many times can we…?”

 

Jessica saw that she wasn’t joking but earnestly asking an honest question. She laughed and sighed.

 

“No more than half of what we did last night.”

 

“Only half?!” whined the raven-haired girl.

 

“Take it or leave it.”

 

“I’ll take it.” Tiffany pouted.

 

 

+++

 

 

Heads turned as the two girls strolled downtown. Both turned their fair share of heads for both of them were tall, pretty and attractive. Their vigorous job kept them in shape but the tanner of the two had put in hour after hour at the gym, working out to maintain what she was proudest of – her lean figure and chiseled tummy.

 

They sat down at a café and ordered drinks. They chatted and laughed like any ordinary couple of girlfriends would – only, they weren’t your ordinary civilians out on a sunny day. They were agents out on a mission. A mission that they held dear to their hearts because it would speed up investigations and their friend could finally be cleared of all suspicion and come back to work.

 

“What I wouldn’t give to see the sun shine again.”

 

Anybody listening in on this would have thought that the tanned girl was mad because the sun was blazing hot at that moment but her friend knew exactly what she was talking about.

 

“Yuri, to be more convincing… you might want to take off your shades first.”

 

“I would be a walking hazard without my shades, Yoona.”

 

“Please don’t bother telling me why.”

 

Yuri snickered. “You know me well.”

 

Yoona rolled her eyes and made a gagging gesture.

 

“Seohyun can hear us you know. I think she has already fainted from your narcissism.”

 

Yuri only smiled, totally unfazed by her friend’s disgust.

 

“Seohyun knows my charms, don’t you Seo?

 

“Ahem. Let’s stay focused on the mission shall we?” Seohyun’s voice came through with a firm tone.

 

“Sure, whatever you say Seo.”

 

“We’ve been here for a while now… is he coming?” Yoona had always been the more impatient one.

 

“Sources say that he frequents this café for its unique blend of avocado and strawberry coffee.”

 

“Got it Seo. Gee, avocado and strawberry… urgh! This guy has some kind of weird taste in coffee.” Yoona made a face.

 

Yuri perked up however. “Avocado and strawberry? It sounds healthy! I’m going to get one.”

 

She dashed to the counter as a man strolled in with an air of importance surrounding him. He smiled at the regulars who patronized the café and signaled the barista. The barista smiled knowingly when he saw the man and nodded immediately. The man smiled and was about to turn around when he overheard Yuri ordering at the counter.

 

“A cup of avocado and strawberry coffee please!” she ordered excitedly.

 

“You have good taste!” he remarked.

 

Yuri turned to look at the source of the voice. Her eyes glinted with recognition when she saw his face. He sensed that something was up and walked away briskly.

 

“Yoona, that guy who is exiting now… it’s him.”

 

Yoona stood up immediately and smiled at him as he passed her by. She slipped an arm around his neck and whispered in his ear, “Chill, we just want to talk.”

 

The man struggled against her arm hold on him but she was well-trained to handle people like him. She grabbed his arm and slipped it round her waist and held it firm with her other hand with lightning speed and dragged him into the waiting car by his neck making it look like a friendly lovers’ tussle.

 

Yuri joined them in the car seconds later and they headed back to headquarters. They blindfolded the man and injected a colourless liquid into his blood stream.

 

“No worries, we’ll treat you to a delightful afternoon…” Yoona whispered in his ear, as he slipped into oblivion.

 

 

+++

 

 

Seohyun’s eyebrows furrowed for a spilt second when the YoonYul team reported that they had the man with them and were heading back.

 

Didn’t he receive the message she sent?

 

She regained her usual poker face as she spoke into the mouthpiece.

 

“Well done YoonYul.”

 

 

+++