Light 12

299 792 458 m/s

Light 12

 

The assailant threw herself to the side and rolled away from the bullet that was hurtling towards her with apparent ease. Sunny raised an eyebrow at her speed and agility. She had not aimed to kill; her aim was to assess her assailant’s abilities which appeared to be no worse than her own. She braced herself for a long and tough fight.

 

‘Who are you working for?’ Sunny decided to probe, hoping that she’d at least have an inkling of who and why she was fighting.

 

The assailant merely smirked again. That obnoxious, arrogant smirk that made Sunny’s blood boil. This was one self-assured assailant. She circled on the roof top, looking at her assailant warily. The assailant circled as she did, closing the distance between them with her longer strides. Sunny knew that physical contact was inevitable at this point – the assailant had no weapon; at least none of it was visible.

 

With amazing grace and agility, the assailant dropped to the ground and rolled forward towards her and a slender leg swept out to catch her unawares. She dodged the leg with amazing agility of her own and twisted herself to the side, pressing the cold tip of her handgun’s barrel on the assailant’s temple.

 

‘Who are you working for?’

 

The assailant smirked again and grabbed her wrist, twisting her arm deftly, applying just enough pressure to loosen her grip on her handgun. The weapon clunked onto the ground and was kicked away. She raised her knee, catching the assailant in the jaw. The grip on her wrist loosened as the assailant reeled from the blow and she wrenched her wrist out from its prison only to find herself sprawling on the ground as her legs were cleanly swept from under her.

 

A sudden weight descended upon her back and her arms were yanked behind her in an uncomfortable angle but she wasn’t going down without a fight. She arched her back and bucked as hard as she could, twisting herself around just enough to ram her knee into her assailant’s back. It was enough to throw her assailant off-balance and she rammed her knee again to seal the deal.

 

She freed her arms and threw a few swift punches to the stomach and then the face of her assailant. The cap dropped off and a ponytail fell out of it. Sunny seized the opportunity to grab the ponytail, wrapping it around her wrist and yanking hard on it. She pressed her knee hard into the back of her assailant and reached round to yank the shades off.

 

Seohyun???

 

Sunny’s jaw dropped in utter shock, surprise and dismay. She was momentarily stunned as she stared at her assailant’s uncovered face.

 

SEOHYUN?!?!

 

Then her world went black.

 

 

+++

 

 

She was moderately aware that she was trussed up and lying on a soft surface which she realized, upon opening her eyes, that it was a bed. This was rather unusual – one wouldn’t leave their prisoner lying on a place of comfort – but she wasn’t about to complain about it. She blinked several times to get her vision into focus. Another unusual thing – she wasn’t blindfolded.

 

Then it came back to her. Of course it was unusual – her captor was Seohyun! Her brain screamed of the irrational. She couldn’t make heads or tails of this whole incident. Then she gasped. Is Seohyun the mole?!

 

‘NOOO!!!’ She inadvertently screamed out loud, not wanting it to be true.

 

Seohyun appeared at the door, looking worried. ‘Sunny unnie?’

 

Sunny was hysterical and rolled around on the bed like a ball, totally out of control. Seohyun grasped her legs and held her forcefully, stopping her from moving.

 

‘Stop that unnie. You might roll off the bed and hurt yourself.’

 

‘And that would be the worst thing that could happen to me? Are you kidding? Please tell me that you’re not the mole.’

 

‘Yes I’m a mole.’

 

‘NOOO!!! What happened to my dear, sweet Seohyun???’ Sunny choked back her tears and demanded to know. ‘I CAN’T BELIEVE THIS!!!’

 

‘I have my reasons unnie.’

 

‘You do? What are they? And why do you have to fight me and tie me up?’

 

Seohyun hung her head. ‘This is the only way I can keep you safe from harm.’

 

Sunny shook her head vigorously. ‘This doesn’t make any sense at all Seo.’

 

‘Sunny unnie…’ And with that, her voice cracked. ‘I love you.’

 

 

+++