The Promise

My 12 Best Friends

"Daehyun"
That was all you could say. You were frozen. 

Daehyun was about to reach out and touched your cheek, but Luhan pulled you closer to him. "Su Jin, do you know this guy?" Luhan whispered into your ear. Exo gave him strange looks like he was a random creep. Zelo noticed all the commotion. 

"Hyungs, look! What is Daehyun hyung doing?!" Himchan and Yongguk became alert. They made their way towards your table. 
"What's going on here?" Yonnguk asked. 
"We have no clue." Kai said.
"All they could see was you staing straight at this "Daehyun/masked" guy and he was staring at you too. It was like those to-be-continued scenes of a drama. 

"Su Jin, I haven't seen in so long." his soft voice rang into your ears. Right then and there, you started crying. You jumped into his arms. He hugged you tightly and just by looking at his eyes, Exo didn't want to interfere. They could see deep emotion.
"Su Jin, It's okay, I'm here..." Daehyun whispered.
Exo was shocked. They never seen you act like this before. You were always bubbly and kind. Now you're a mess. Daehyun let go of you and grabbed your hand. "Let's go somewhere private first, ottoke?" you nodded and followed him.
Luhan blinked and shook his head. "WHAT WAS THAT?!" Everyone looked at him. "WE JUST LET THAT DUDE TAKE HER AWAY TO SOMEWHERE 'PRIVATE! WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?!" 
"Dude, calm down, she looked like she really knew who he was." Chanyeol told him.
"Yeah, nothing bad could happen right?" They watched you and Daehyun as you made your way in the corner by the counter.

“Su Jin!” I haven’t seen you in forever! I missed you!  What are you doing here?” he asked.
“My question is what are you doing here?”  you said hiding your happiness.
His smile faded when he took a closer look at your face.
“It’s happening again, isn’t it?” he had a pinch of remembrance and sadness in his eyes. Just then your tears started falling and you couldn’t control it anymore. Daehyun used his thumbs to wipe them away.
“When I wanted to see you again… I didn’t want it to be like this…”
“I’m sorry oppa… I just missed you a lot.” He wrapped his arms around you. You felt happy that you can be in his embrace again.
“Don’t worry, I’m here now. He soothed you.  You felt more calm and your heartbeat slowed down. Then he looked over you and saw a bunch of guys staring right at you two. He pulled you back and flicked your forehead.
“Yah, who are those guys over there? They’re staring at us…” You turned and smiled. They all looked away.
“I’m too lazy to say their names right now because there is so many of them, but they call themselves Exo, and they’re my best friends”  Daehyun felt a little stab in his heart. *Best friends?* You noticed and waved your arms around.
“I mean as in my best friends in that school. They’re also very important to me because they care for me and make me happy too” you smirked and nudged his arm, “Why, are you jealous?”
“I just thought you replaced me with 12 other guys”
You scoffed, “Me? Betray my best guy friend since childhood? Pish Posh” He ruffled your hair and stared into your eyes. “______, do you like any of them?” You were taken aback by the sudden question.  You didn’t know how to respond. They all felt like big brothers, like Daehyun, to you.
“Why?” you asked.
“Don’t you remember our promise?”

---flashback---
“Daehyun oppa! Daehyun oppa!” you called.
“Yes, Su Jin?” Daehyun was walking ahead of you and his dark hair was shining in the sun.
“I want to know what it’s like to fall in love"
He was surprised by your question.  He took your hands and held them, “Promise me that when we grow up, we’ll fall in love with someone who won’t leave us.” You nodded but frowned.
“What if we don’t?”
“Then we have each other”

---flashback ends---

You snapped out of remembering that moment and punched his stomach .
“I WAS NINE, OKAY?!”  He held onto his stomach and groaned, “Well I meant it and I still do”
You blushed. Daehyun chuckled, *you pabo* You wanted to change the subject.
“Hey, why do you have blonde hair now?! Why are your friends blondies too?”
“I’ll tell you when I’m allowed to, okay?”
“What’s that supposed to mean?!” you stomped, “You meanie, are you keeping things from me?!” you huffed. He just ignored you. He picked you up and spun you around.
“S-stop! I’m going to fall!” you yelled and started hitting him.
“I’m not crazy, I’ll never let you fall” He placed you back down on your feet.
 Daehyun smiled and kissed your forehead.
“Tch, your still the cheesy Daehyun I know.”
“And love!” He walked over to the back and shot you a smile. You couldn’t help but roll your eyes.

---
Exo was just watching from afar. They saw a many weird moments. One moment you were crying then you two were hugging. Then smiling. Then laughing. Then you punched the guy.  He lifted you up and he kissed you on the forehead. Exo was going completely berserk.
“WTF IS GOING ON YOU GUYS?!” Kai was spazzing in his chair. Luhan’s’ head was under the table because he didn’t want to see anything.
“I think they look cute together” Xiu Min pointed out. Everyone just stared at him.
“It’s true” Chen said.  
“No jumping to conclusions! Please!” Sehun covered his ears.  You skipped back to the guys. You felt like everything was almost complete. You just needed Hae Mi. You stopped in front of Exo and looked at them strangely.
"What are you guys doing?" you asked. They were all over the place. Luhan was under the table, Sehun was covering his ears, Chanyeol was staring blankly at you and everyone else just cleared their throats. It was silent.
"Heheh.. we're doing nothing, we're perfectly fine!" Kris said while pulling Luhan from under the table and lightly smacking Sehun to uncover his ears.
"Well... I want you guys to meet someone!" They all sat up and listened. You turned and called Daehyun.
"DAEHYUN OPPA!!" you heard a big crash from the back room. You ran over to see what happened and apparently, Daehyun dropped some things again. "Geez, Su Jin,  you scared me!"
You rolled your eyes. 
"Come on! I want to introduce you to my friends!" you dragged him towards Exo
 


 DID YOU GUYS SEE  Himchan and Bang Yongguk's Comeback Teaser image?! AHHHH They're coming back soon! (& I don't think they're blonde anymore!) I really want to see the rest (especially Daehyun's). (LOL Himchan looks different...)

This boy is too precious. 

& I might be slow at updating since school is killing me. x.x
Please comment and enjoy! :D