"You don't actually have many friends here, do you?"

Married to Key

 

 

Yuki's POV

I was sitting at the bus stop, waiting for the bus to bring me to school, when I saw Manager ahujsshi’s car driving up to me. The tinted windows were rolled down and I saw Key’s face.

“Ugh,” I groaned out loud. His face was not exactly something I would want to see right now.

“Hop in, I’ll give you a ride,” he offered. I shook my head.

“It’s okay- Ah! The bus is here!” I jumped off the seat and peered into the car. “I’ll see you for filming later!”

“Yah! Park Yuki-“ I quickly flagged the bus and left Key behind, probably feeling confused to why I was acting like that.

It wasn’t that I was angry with him… I knew it wasn’t his fault. But I also knew that him turning up at my school again would make things worse for me. Key didn’t know what was going on; I had refused to tell him. I didn’t even tell my brother. My brother had told me what happened the day before, so I wanted to show those fans that I was independent, that I didn’t have to rely on my brother or on Key. So can I be more selfish here? I know he’s going to be worried sick, but I’m going to have to be in that school for around 2 years. Luhan would graduate soon, he might be help this year, but what about next year?

My trains of thoughts were interrupted when the bus stopped in front of my school. I took a deep breath and got off. Was hell going to start today? I dragged my feet through the main door, expecting people to charge towards and me and throw me out. To my relief, no one actually did that. I must be thinking too much. Most of them just watched me as I made my way to my classroom, whispering among themselves. I better start getting used to this.

Key’s POV

That girl, I offer her a ride to school so she doesn’t need to face those people on the bus, and she turns me down? Does she know what time I woke up to get to her at 7am? I messed my hair up, frustrated, while driving. I still don’t understand why she’s acting like this, and I have to film with her later. And since WGM is mostly scripted, we will have to pretend that none of this is actually happening. Well well, let’s test her acting skills then. Even her brother couldn’t get anything out her. He said that he would text me once she opens up, but the message I got this morning contained an apology for not being able to get anything.

“Aish-” I started to scream, but suddenly stopped myself. Why was I even so worried? I’m no relation of hers, why should I interfere in her matters then? I should forget everything, and then maybe try getting her to open up later.

I’m curious. Yes, that’s what I’m feeling. Curiosity. I’m just curious to what happened. Just curious.

Yuki’s POV

It was the period just before our lunch break, and thankfully, everything had been okay. I’ve been sitting here in the corner of the classroom, watching everyone laughing, having fun with their friends. Well, I was thankful enough that nobody disturbed me much so far, other than a few girls who would every time they walked past my table. I wouldn’t dare to ask for, having a peaceful school life would be good enough, even if it meant sitting in this corner for the rest of the year. Of course, this ‘wasn’t the reality I wanted’, quoting Jonghyun. But yes, I was planning on just sitting here, coming and going without anyone noticing.

All of a sudden, the chairman of the student council walked into our class. Everyone scrambled back to their seats. The chairman of the SC cleared before speaking.

“From today onwards, no one is allowed to be in class during lunch break. The headmaster, following a case of theft, which has occurred recently, has implemented this new rule.” She flipped through the papers on the clipboard before adding, “that’s all I have for you. Remember, no staying in the classroom during lunch break – I hope all of you follow the rule.” She thanked us, and then dismissed us for lunch. Damn, there goes my plan of hiding in class during lunch. What am I supposed to do now?

I left the class and started pacing up and down the aisle outside, thinking of what I should do next. I contemplated bringing a book out and just sit and read outside the class, or go and find Luhan. I decided on the former because going to find Luhan meant that I would have to show my face to the student body. Besides, Luhan would be with his friends, won’t he? It would be awkward for me to just interrupt them.

I was about to enter the class when I heard a voice go, “thank you, teacher.” I jumped, wondering if that person saw what I was about to do. I heaved a sigh of relief when I saw Luhan come around a corner. He didn’t seem to see me, so I was about to approach him when a teacher emerged behind him. I was never good around teachers, so I decided to just wait until they were done talking. However, they seemed to continue walking, so I quietly followed them. Ohlurd, I feel like a stalker fan. I continued following them until I realized where they were headed towards – the teachers’ lounge.

I watched as Luhan and his teacher entered the lounge. Why would he spend his lunch break at the teachers’ lounge? Extra lessons wouldn’t be held there, would they? I stood a few metres outside the door, wondering. Suddenly, the door opened. Jumping towards the nearest pillar and hiding behind it, I saw Luhan exiting the lounge and walking towards my direction. I quickly turned my head and leaned against the pillar. Omo, what do I do now? I turned back, just to find Luhan already gone.

“Looking for me?” I yelped and jumped, spinning around to face a smiling Luhan. Damn, why is he always smiling?

“You scared me!” My heart was thumping so loudly I could hear it. Luhan gave me a skeptical look.

“Why are you here?”

“Eh? Uh…” I didn’t know how to answer. He just smiled.

“Wait here, I’ll tell my teacher that I’m leaving.” I gave him an awkward smile and nodded. Luhan went back to the lounge.

He has a choice to leave? That means he wasn’t having extra classes…

“Let’s go,” Luhan appeared again and tugged at my arm, pulling me to the direction of the classrooms.

“Where are we going?” I dared to ask.

“Shall we just hide in class?” He turned around to look at me, still walking.

“I thought we can’t stay in class anymore?”

“Ah, did the chairman of the SC say that?” I nodded. He made a face like he was thinking a lot. “Hmm, I don’t think I care that much.” He gave me cheeky grin and pulled me into my classroom through the back door. I gasped.

“Luhan! We aren’t supposed to be here!”

“I told you I didn’t care.” He led me to my table. “Don’t worry, we won’t get into trouble. The kids hardly patrol during lunch.” I nodded.

“I shall trust you then,” I gave a slight laugh. “How did you know this was my table.” He shrugged.

“Just guessed.” I gave him a skeptical look. “Can I look at your things?” He exclaimed.

“Yeah… sure.”

I sat there next to him, watching him as he went through my stationary. He opened my bag and took my wallet out.

“Let me see?” I was looking at my nails so I just nodded. “All SHINee?” I looked up at him.

“…problem?” He dug out his wallet from his pocket and took out a card from it. He then scribbled something on the other side of the photo and inserted it into my wallet.

“There, you should have some Exo in it too.” I smiled.

“Thanks.” I examined the Exo photo card he gave me. “Why are you here with me? Shouldn’t you be with your friends?” His smile slowly faded away.

“Ah…”

“Luhan-sshi…” I hesitantly started. “You don’t actually have many friends here, do you?” He looked up at me.

“How did you know?”

“Well, everyone seems afraid of you… you spend your lunch breaks in the teachers’ lounge…” My voice trailed off. “Why don’t people befriend you? I mean, you’re an idol and all… shouldn’t they be up to you? And the other time, when you said your 'friends' would help you clean up... you lied, didn't you?”

“Ah? I’m the only idol in this school, I miss out a lot because of my schedules, and so they haven’t really gotten a chance to know about me and vice versa. And yes, I lied,” he admitted sheepishly.

“Oh… I shall forgive you for lying since it looks like we both got ruined by ‘fame’…” I used air quotation marks. Luhan gave a small smile and looked down again. “But why are you still in school? Aren’t you Jonghyun’s Oppa’s age?”

“Me? Well because of ‘fame’,” he said, using air quotation marks, “I entered school late.” I nodded, grasping the idea of what was going on. “Hey, if you call Jonghyun ‘Oppa’, why won’t you call me ‘Oppa’?”

“’Cos you’re my sunbae.”

“Yah~ don’t be like that~ Call me oppa, won’t you?” He poked my sides, causing me to erupt into laughter.

“I’ll think about it~” We suddenly heard footsteps.

“Quick, run!” I pulled him up from the chair and pushed him out of the front door.

“Park Yuki, Xi Luhan!” We heard the head of SC call us. I gasped and pulled Luhan towards the nearest staircase, where we quickly turned a sharp corner and hid there.

Both of us panting, we looked at each other and grinned.

“Don’t worry, I’ll be your friend, Luhan OPPA,” I told him, still tugging onto his arm.

“Aren’t we already friends?”

“Yep. Friends.” I confirmed, and he grinned.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i'm back! :)

so this chapter is mostly about Yuki & Luhan because yes, i felt like it, and to answer all your doubts, no, i don't plan on making Luhan Key's love rival ^^

@Hope3698 Taemin helped too lol! i know right ;) #proudofmyposter

@IrisButterfly look who's here~ ah, i'm not very sure about SMTOWN at this moment, but (i think) other idols will appear later in the story. if i don't change the storyline i've planned so far ^-^

@naddyamal i should find a way to get rid of Minji should i ahahahahaha

@--iluvreading-- yes SHINee to the rescue! (:

LOVE YOU GUYS MWAH.

xx