I'll be here.

Married to Key

 

Yuki’s POV

At the sound of the lunch bell, I quietly slipped into class while the others headed for the cafeteria, hoping no one spotted me. I sat at my corner seat, resting me head on my hand while I gazed out of the window. My hair was still messy from burying my head in my arms while crying earlier on. My face was still tear-stained. Let’s just say I didn’t bother to tidy myself up. I rested my head on the table, sniffling as I thought about what happened earlier on. Suddenly, my phone beeped.

Chicken Rice:

Are you okay?

Oh? He actually cares? I felt my eyes stinging up again. I blinked, and a tear fell onto my phone.

Yuki:

Yeah, I’m fine.

I rested my head on the table and this time, my phone rang. I looked at the caller ID.

CHICKEN RICE

I stared at the screen for a moment, contemplating is I should pick the call up. If I didn’t, he would be sure to suspect something. Well, he obviously already does, since he called. I clicked ‘answer’ and brought the phone up to my ear, my hands slightly shaking.

“Yeobosaeyo?” My voice was shaking.

“You’ve got a meseji~” Key sang from the other side. “Yah, kwenchana?”

“…Yeah…”

“Your voice is shaking.”

“Uh.” I didn’t feel like speaking.

“And you expect me to believe everything is alright?!” I could hear music playing from the other end. “Is Luhan there?”

“No.”

“Seriously, tell me right now what just happened.” His voice was stern.

“I’ll tell you later.” Without allowing him to reply, I pressed ‘end call’.

Key’s POV

Something is wrong. I quickly put my jacket back on and grabbed my bag and scrambled up.

“Hyung!” I went to Manager hyung “Can I borrow your car again?”

“Where do you think you’re going? You still have practice.” He told me.

“Yuki’s in trouble. Can’t you just lend me your car?”

“She’s no relation of yours since you aren’t filming now. You don’t have to care.”

“What if I said she’s in trouble because of me?” I tried arguing.

“Still-“

“Hyung!” Taemin, who was behind him, called. “Hyung! Can you help us with the sound system?”

“Lee Taemin, can’t you see I’m in the middle of something important here?” Manager hyung turned and glared at him.

“Please hyung, without it, we can’t practice, and it would be of no use even if Key hyung stayed.” Manager hyung sighed and reluctantly headed towards Taemin. What, was he just going to leave me here without an answer? Suddenly, Jonghyun grabbed Manager hyung’s car key from the cupboard and shoved it into my hands, before shoving me out of the door.

“Go!” He hissed. I nodded, and I started running towards the carpark. While running, I quickly sent a message to Yuki.

I’m coming.

Yuki’s POV

I took a look at his message, and I groaned. Him coming here would only cause more trouble; surely he had more sense than that?  I prepared to text him back, telling him he shouldn’t even think of coming, but then I received another text.

Don’t even bother to stop me.

I sighed, and put my phone down in defeat. It was true when they said no one could change Key’s mind when he has decided on something. I rested my head on the table once again, and waited for Key to arrive.

Suddenly, I heard footsteps heading towards the classroom. I jerked my head up, just to see Key holding on to the doorframe, panting. I could hear more footsteps following him behind, along with screams and loud voices, most of them belonging to girls. The first to emerge behind him was Lee Minji. Key took a glance at her, and then turned and entered the classroom.

“Why are you here?” He asked, walking towards me.

“Uh…” Without knowing why, I turned my head so that I was facing the window. He crouched behind me, trying to catch a glimpse of my face, but I just jerked it around again. He then sat on the chair in front of my table, because he knew I couldn’t turn my head around anymore. The girls gasped.

“Key Oppa’s sitting on my chair!” Someone squealed. Key ignored them and reached out for my hand. I jerked it away.

“Why are you being like this? Did someone do this to you?” He asked.

“Why do you even bother about me? There are hundreds of fans waiting for you outside this classroom,” I coldly replied, refusing to look at him.

“Because you’re my WIFE.” He said, loud enough for the people outside to hear. The girls gasped, with Minji’s being the loudest.

“It’s just a show.” I said. Key abruptly stood up, and without warning, grabbed my book and threw my bag over his shoulder.

“Yah, what are you doing!” Ignoring me, Key grabbed my wrist and pulled me out of the classroom. “Kim Kibum! Let go of me!” I said, struggling to pull myself away from his grip. “Kim Kibum!” The crowd parted, allowing Key to just continue walking. Minji, however, was running behind us. She quickly squeezed herself through the crowd and stopped in front of Key.

“Key Oppa, what do you think you’re doing?” She daringly asked.

“Taking care of my wife,” he said. “Now if you’ll excuse us.” Key pushed his way past Minji and dragged me to the car. He opened the front door of the passenger seat and roughly seated me inside, even helping me to fasten my seatbelt, then threw my belonging onto the backseat. He hurried towards the driver’s seat and quickly drove away, leaving the crowd behind.

Key’s POV

“Now will you tell me what happened?” I asked Yuki while driving. She was looking out of the window, still refusing to speak. I decided not to bother her anymore. She will tell me at home.

Yuki’s POV

The car ride was silent yet again. I closed my eyes, trying to rid myself of the horrible things Minji had said to me this morning. I’m sorry, Key. I’m sorry for ignoring you.

Key’s POV

Since we were not on our filming schedule, I drove Yuki to her house.

“We’re here.” I turned off the engine and looked over to Yuki. She did not move, her face still facing the car door. Leaning towards her, I realized that she had fallen asleep. This girl, why does she fall asleep so easily? I looked at her, and then at her belongings at the back of the car, wondering what I should do next. I unbuckled my seatbelt and got out of the car, heading to her side of the car. Carefully opening the car door, I crouched down and looked at her face. Her face was tear-stained, making me wonder all the more what had happened earlier. I never saw her cry before. I neatened her messy hair and brushed it off her face. This happened because of me, didn’t it? Feeling somewhat guilty, I unbuckled her seatbelt and carried her bridal style again.

Because Yuki was in my arms, I tried knocking on the door with my elbow, then my foot.

“Hyung!” I half-shouted and half-whispered, careful not to wake Yuki up. “Minki hyung! Open the door!”

The door soon opened, revealing Yuki’s brother in home clothes and his headphones around his neck.

“Eh?” He exclaimed, surprised at seeing us. “What happened to her?”

“I’ll explain later… where’s her room?” Minki hyung led me to her room. I then carefully placed her on the bed and tucked her in nicely. Sitting next to her, I her hair, while I myself was deep in thoughts.

I hope you have sweet dreams and forget about everything bad that happened. I’m sorry this had to happen. I’m sorry I couldn’t control my fans. But no matter what happens, as long as it concerns me, I’ll try my best to be here for you.

Noticing a stack of SHINee merchandise on her table, I stealthily walked towards it and picking up the nearest album. I then realized that she had every single one of our albums, even the different ones such as Packages A and B, along with the Special Edition albums. I opened the albums one by one, with the intention of personally signing them, but then I saw that every single one them already had autographs, just that they weren’t mine. I saw Taemin’s, Jonghyun’s, Minho’s and Onew’s constantly, but it was only when I reached the bottom of the stack when I found mine.

This must have been when I picked her to be my wife,I thought. Looking around her room, I realized that her walls were plain, not covered my posters like most fans do; yet she had this entire collection of our merchandise. If you put it plainly, I was touched.

I brushed my fingers along her tabletop until I reached a photo frame. The photo inside held four smiling faces, Yuki’s, her brothers, and two others whom I assumed was her parents. Come to think of it, why haven’t I seen them around?

“Ah, so you’re still here,” I heard Minki hyung say from the doorway. He saw me holding on to the photo frame, and gently walked towards me.

“Those are our parents. They’re dead,” he smiled sadly. Dead?

“Oh, I’m sorry… Yuki never mentioned anything.” Minki hyung beckoned me out of the room.

“They died in a car accident. Yuki never likes to mention them… she prefers to think that she has moved on. She has, but sometimes she still gets reminded of them. When she does, she goes into a totally emotional mood. Not fun.”

“Ah… I guess there’s still a lot of things I don’t know about her…” I said, feeling guilty. Who was I to ‘propose’ to a girl I hardly knew?

“It’s okay, you’ll learn.” Minki hyung smiled and patted my shoulder encouragingly. “Now will you tell me what happened just now?” I kept silent for a moment.

“I’m not very sure, but I think she got bullied by my fans. She refused to tell me anything..” Minki hyung nodded his head.

“Don’t worry, she’ll open up when she feels like it. I know my sister.” I could only smile meekly at him. We both stood outside the door awkwardly before Minki hyung said, “I bet you weren’t given permission to get away from you practice or schedule, whatever you were doing before this.” I lowered my head and smiled sheepishly.

“The members helped me.” Minki hyung nodded and patted my back.

“You must be tired. Go back and take a rest.” I bowed to him.

“Thank you.”

“No, thank you for taking care of my sister.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hello i edited the chapter!
it's mainly the bottom part, after he drags Yuki out of school.

sorry for the inconvenience!

@Hope3698 she likes Key so she's being delusional.

@IrisButterfly ;) idek why Minji is in the story ahahahaha i need to think of something soon :p

@naddyamal oh? look what Key did~ ;)

@--iluvreading-- @theJulie__e haha, was the MonKey part really funny?

hehe yes i'm going to say
I LOVE YOU MY SUBSCRIBERS AND READERS PLEASE COMMENT :)

i like comments and i appreciate comments /nods/

xx