The Meeting

Karma On Board

Chapter 2: The Meeting


14th March 2010

 

In disguised, I took the economy flight. When I walked into the economy zone, I can feel that my head were squashed and my lungs couldn’t in the oxygen.

 

I felt like dying. The space was too small for me. I never took the economy flight before. I checked my ticket for the millionth time now. I couldn’t believe ‘they’ accidently bought the wrong ticket. I had to leave Japan due to my sudden addition of schedule.

 

‘Is there a hidden camera, waiting for me to explode? Because if there is…’

 

“Excuse me.” a girl who was on my tail woke me up from my ridiculous thought.

 

‘Of course there is no camera.’

 

“Sorry.” I apologised in English as I bowed my head and looked up at her as gave her my famous smile.

 

She replied my smile as I gave her a way. “Thank you.” she thanked softly.

 

I took my seat which amazingly was next to the girl. “Hi!” I greeted as I waved at her.

 

“Hi…” she smiled.

 

“Mommy, is my Smarties with you?” a cute little girl who was sitting in front of the row asked her.

 

I snapped at her, ‘Wait… You’re married?’

 

“Neesha, how many times do I have to tell you I–am–not–your–mother?’ She warned her, softly. “And no, I don’t have you chocolates.”

 

‘Phew!’

 


 

After the plane took off, the girl next to me asked if I was okay. “I’m alright.” I answered her. I bit my lower lip to red coloured it.

 

“No, you’re not.” she honestly said. “You look like a ghost.”

 

I turned to her and met her eyes. I then lit a small smile. “Yes I do, I feel like I’m in hell.”

 

She chuckled which I found it cute. “Is this your first time?”

 

“No, and trust me. This is the uncountable times already. But never economy class…” I explained as I tried to in some air. “This is my first time in this class.” I smiled sheepishly. I bet she think I was a coward.

 

“Why don’t you get some sleep.” she suggested. “It may work.”

 

I shrugged nonchalantly.

 

She chuckled again and this time I swear my heart was exploding. “How about this?” She said as she poured the bead of colourful chocolates from the cylinder container on her hand.

 

“I think that will do.” I took it from her palm and put them into my mouth. “Thank you.” She smiled and nodded.

 

When she was busy looking for something in her purse and she dropped her passport.

 

“Let me help you.” I told as I bent down to get her passport. I couldn’t help not to observe her passport information.

 

I grinned at her. “So you’re Korean?” I asked her in Hangul. I didn’t expect her to come from Korea.

 

“Yes.” She simply answered and took the passport from my hand stopping me from knowing her name. “You seem surprised. Why is that?” this time she was speaking in Hangul.

 

“You don’t look like one.” I replied and rubbed the back of my neck.

 

“I’m half Korean…” she informed. “So what are you doing in Japan?”

 

“Visiting a friend.” I answered her. “What about you?”

 

“Vacation…”

 

We kept on talking and didn’t even bother to take a nap on the plane. “We don’t even know each others name.” she said in the middle of our conversation

 

I chuckled, “Chunji.” I said as I offered my hand

 

“~~~~~.” she took my hand. “Nice to meet you, Chunji.”

 

“Me too, ~~~~~.” I winked at her which made her turn red.

 

She asked me about my work and I told her that I’m an entertainer. She didn’t believe me and I asked her if she ever heard about Teen Top. She laughed at first saying that I was fooling around. “Who would name a group ‘Teen Top’?” she asked sarcastically.

 

Actually she didn’t know Teen Top exist in Korea and she also told me that she is not a fan of K-pop.

 

I took out my iPod and scanned through my playlist. “Here listen to this.” I put my headset on her ear. I played her our hit song – Driving Me Crazy.

 

“Not my thing.” She said as she plugged the earphone off her ear.

 

“Okay how about this?” I announced as I tuned the moving song in our Transform album – Angel.

 

She nodded and smiled impressively. “Much better than the last one. Not too heavy for my ears.” She said and then let a small laugh.

 

“See our songs can conquer your interest.” I bragged with a smirk.

 

“Oh please.” She rolled her eyes. She then met my eyes and giggled. She was like the happiest person on the plane that time.

 

“So does that mean you like me­–I mean… my music?”

 

“It’s too early to decide.” she told me as she took my iPod from my grip and scanned through my playlist.

 

“How about this…” I said as she moved her eyes from the iPod to me. “Are you single?” I asked her directly.

 

“Actually… I’m engaged soon to be married.” she told as she looked at me apologetically.

 

I was speech impedance. I swear my heart dropped from the plane altitude.

 

“I was just kidding.” she announced. I didn’t get it at first but when it got into my sense I–we burst out laughing like hyenas. Only to be shut up by one of the annoyed passengers.

 

“I was broken hearted when you said that.” I confessed.

 

“You should see your face.” She said still laughing.

 

“It’s not funny.” I gave her a serious look which shut her right away.

 

“I’m sorry.” she apologized.

 

I nodded. “Apology accepted.” Then I added, “How about this…” I took out a permanent marker from my pocket which I always bring in case a fan wanted my autograph. “I bet you will love our music.” I said as I write down my phone number at the back of my iPod.

 

Oh My God! Why did you that?” she freaked out when I wrote down my number on the back of my iPod. Who wouldn’t freak out? “You could ask for paper.” she said almost yelling.

 

I chuckled, “You might lose them, so this would be convenient.”  I stated as I put the iPod on her hand. “This is for you.” I winked. “If I win, if you like our music, call my number and go out with me.”

 

“I can’t accept this.” she said as she slid my iPod back into my hand. “I’ll just jot down your number. Okay?”

 

“No, take it. So you can listen to my song as I noticed that you are not a Kpop fans.” I protested.

 

“If you lose?”

 

Forever don’t call me.”

 

“Deal.” She gave up and put the iPod in her purse.

 

“Call me if you love our music and teen top especially the singer named Chunji.” I gave her my charming smile which made her blushed crazily.

 

“Vain.” She chuckled.

 

When we arrived at Korea airport we tell each other goodbyes. And she promised to call me ‘if I win’. Two weeks later she did, she called me. Ever since then we go out each other as our relationship developed.