Erased

Karma On Board

Chapter 3: Erased


10th December 2011

 

I cried, as flashback set in my brain.

 

“~~~~~… I’m sorry, I love you, and I believe this is only a miscommunication. I don’t mean not to call you or not replying your texts… If you are watching this, please forgive me. Call me after this. Please.”

 

I made an eye contact with one of the camera, “Mianhae.” I shred tears which were pouring uncontrollably.

 

Everyone in the auditorium was confused by my speech. It may not make sense to them but if they were ‘her’, they would understand. 

 

I wiped my tears with my thumb and stood up from my seat. “I’m sorry.” I bowed ninety degree.

 

“Mianhae…”

 

“Mianhae…” I said for the last time and left the stage as more tears were gushing out of me.

 

Your POV

 

I was there, purposely sitting on the last row next to the exit door, in case I can’t bear to see him. The light didn’t reach the seat so it was impossible for him to spot me.

 

I ended our relationship; I should just say it to his face. But I didn’t because I didn’t dare to face him or my tongue would freeze. I’m a coward.

 

I held my tears when I heard his words, his confession. I hate him for doing that. I hate it! It was my weakness to see him cry like that – apologizing to me. As much as I wanted to run to him and hugged him for the last time, I remained there, gluing myself on the hard chair.

 

“~~~~~… I’m sorry, I love you, I believe this is only a miscommunication. I don’t mean not to call you or reply your text… If you are watching this, please forgive me. Call me after this. Please.”

 

That’s it! Before I did the unthinkable – running to him and took every word I said to him, I reachedthe exit and leave, breaking everything in me…

 


 

15th December 2011

 

She didn’t call me. I sent her text messages but she didn’t reply it. I called her but it wasn’t answered. I tried everything to reach her. Everything, but none of the ‘everything’ worked.

 

None…

 

“Sorry ~~~~~… please answer me…” I begged as I tried to call her. “Please, answer me yeabo, please…”

 

I leave her almost 100 messages with zero reply. Although I was tired, I kept on leaving her messages, in a hope she would answer me.

 

I stopped when someone rang the bell. I walked to the door and found a postman was standing on the other side of the door. Before I opened the door I looked myself in the mirror. I looked pathetic, my eyes were swollen and my face lost its colours.

 

“Hello.” I greeted with a fake smile.

 

“A parcel for you sir.” The postman said bluntly. I think he didn’t realize who I am.

 

I signed the board he was holding, took the parcel and thanked him. I shut the door and went to the kitchen with the parcel. I took a seat on the kitchen island and placed the brown package next to me.

 

I stared at it for a moment. Then I lift it off and rested it on my lap. I had a bad feeling about it.

 

Ignoring the feeling, I opened the parcel.

 

I regretted it. I regret it so much. I wished I didn’t open it. My heart sank when I discovered what in it as my world turned upside down.

 

I took the small card and read the handwritten messages with a reluctant heart.

 

‘Thank you so much. And I believe this is yours.

~~~~~.’

 

I took out the object from the box; it was the iPod that I gave to her on the plane and her phone which was her birthday present from me. She used that phone to contact me and that was the only number to reach her.

 

No wonder she didn’t reply or answered any of my messages.

 

She was eliminating me from her life…

 


>FIN<