Chapter 8: The Face-Off

A Time for Us

 

 

                The guy is Park Leeteuk. He looked at her in an odd face, as if he doesn’t recognize who Taeyeon is, although he knew in his mind that the girl in front of him was so stunning-pretty. Maybe he didn’t realize that the girl was Taeyeon since she really looked different now, and also, Leeteuk was already quite drunk. Taeyeon looked at him, and her face was fierce. She was still kind of mad about what the guy whom she is facing now has done to her.

 

                “Excuse me pretty lady. You’re on my way. The room behind you, it’s mine.” Leeteuk commanded.

 

                “How dare you!” Taeyeon exclaimed.

 

                “W-why? What did I do? You’re on the wrong side miss. Are you drunk?” Leeteuk asked confusingly.

 

                “You invited me here and now you talk to me like that! I’m just here to claim my watch. That’s it! So give it to me, quick.” Taeyeon sternly said.

 

                “M-mwo? Taeyeon~ssi? But, you’re not….” It was just that time that he realized that he was talking to Taeyeon, but he was still confused since Taeyeon looked so glamorous, unlike before, that she looked like an ahjumma.

 

                “Look who’s here.” Tiffany suddenly blocked the conversation. “So, it’s you, Taeyeon. How brave of a garbage like you step into the floors of V-square? And you even tried to upgrade your sense of fashion. Do you think we are going to accept you here that easily? My dear, I would just like to remind you, no matter how a poor ugly old nerd like you dresses and sprays perfume into your body, you’ll still remain as a nerd! And that won’t change! Because you have no breeding! You’re low class!” Tiffany strikingly expressed directly to Taeyeon.

 

                “Tiffany! Shikuro!” Leeteuk stopped Tiffany from bullying Taeyeon.

 

                “Is that so, Tiffany? So if I’m low class, then what do you call yourself? Look at you. You’re a really scandalous woman. I don’t even know if I should still call you a ‘woman’, because you don’t act like one. You’re such a child you don’t think broadly. So please, Tiffany, GROW UP!” Tiffany defended herself.

 

                “How dare you!” Tiffany got really angry so she tried to hurt Taeyeon. Leeteuk was trying to control Tiffany from hitting Taeyeon, but she wouldn’t stop… until…

 

                “Is there a problem here?” Jonghyun asked in a loud voice.

 

                “Oh, Jonghyun~ah. I didn’t expect you, and it’s good that you’re here. We’re actually in a middle of some ugly business. Look. There’s a really poor nerd in school, who tried hard to look gorgeous tonight, so she could enter to V-square. She doesn’t deserve to be here! She’s not even one of the elites. How pathetic!” Tiffany explained harshly.

 

                Jonghyun smirked. “Actually, you know what, Tiffany… I’m with her.” Jonghyun said nicely.

 

                “Stop joking Jonghyun~ssi. I know you’re not that cheap to be with this ugly duckling.” Tiffany indicted.

 

                “No. I’m serious. I’m with her. So don’t you even try to get your hands on her.” Jonghyun commanded as he held Taeyeon’s hand and pull her away from Tiffany.

 

                “What? Jinjja? How come? I don’t understand.” ---Tiffany.

 

                “That’s your big problem Tiffany. It’s hard for you to understand such shallow things.” Leeteuk informed her in a heavy tone.

 

                “Absolutely.” Jonghyun agreed to Leeteuk. “By the way Tiff, I’m not also one of the elites. Just like Taeyeon.” He reminded.

 

                Taeyeon remained standing stiff and silent. She doesn’t know how would she react, despite of the fact that she’s the subject of the issue. Tiffany was really embarrassed. She was teary eyed. And since many of the people in the crowd are staring at them, she decided to leave. But Leeteuk grabbed her arm and stopped her.

 

                “You shouldn’t leave yet. You still have some explaining to do to Taeyeon. I’m inviting you to stay with us at the room first.” Leeteuk told her.

 

                “Get your hands off me. Let me leave!” Tiffany appealed.

 

                “No can do. You must stay.” ---Leeteuk. “Taeyeon~ssi, I’m sorry for what happened. Now, I want to tell you everything you need to know. So please, accompany us in the room. Jaebal?” Leeteuk requested.

 

                “Araseo. Anyway, that’s my real purpose here right? To talk to you.” Taeyeon said.

 

                “I’ll stay here, Taeyeon~ssi. I’ll be waiting for you.” Jonghyun said.

 

                “Araseo. Gomawo Jonghyun~ssi.” ---Taeyeon.

 

                Leeteuk was uncomfortable on what he saw about the way Taeyeon and Jonghyun treat each other. He doesn’t want to accept it, but he is starting to feel jealous.

 

                Inside the room, Siwon, Eunhyuk and Donghae was waiting. They were staring blankly, as they waited for Leeteuk, Taeyeon and Tiffany to sit down.

 

                “Now what?!” Tiffany asked.

 

                “I want to start it by telling and explaining everything which started this problem.”

 

                “Make it quick! You’re wasting my time!” Tiffany said!

 

                “Shut up!” Siwon said to Tiffany.

 

                Taeyeon was remaining silent.

 

                “Ok, a few weeks before, I met this girl at the rooftop. She made me feel that I’m a ‘nobody’, and that’s the first time anyone has treated me like that. She doesn’t even know my name. So I decided to take back and get a revenge. By the way, for that reason that Taeyeon doesn’t know me, I need to introduce myself. My name is Park Leeteuk, an elite, son of the owners of the big companies here in Seoul.” ~Leeteuk.

 

                Taeyeon looked directly into Teukie’s eyes, since she knows that she was the one he is referring to.

 

                “And yes, the girl is Kim Taeyeon.”

 

               “So that’s the reason you scared me and made me worried by setting up a fake-kidnap?” Taeyeon shockingly asked. Tiffany had an evil smile.

 

                “No. That wasn’t it. I… I signed you up for the Miss University… And I know it’s I thing you won’t appreciate. So I thought it was the best revenge. And I’m very sorry for that. Cheongmal mianhae.” ---Teukie.

 

                “No way….” Tiffany whispered. She couldn’t believe that it was Leeteuk’s idea to join Taeyeon in the pageant.

 

                “So it was you… It really is hard for me to accept that, Leeteuk~ssi. But we can’t do anything about that now. Just continue your explanation.” Taeyeon said.

 

                “Araseo. So, that ‘pageant thing’ is what made one of you guys here make a step to do something to Taeyeon. She commanded other people to do some sort of kidnapping, just to make Taeyeon not attend the pageant rehearsals. She wanted to scare her and make her worried, so she wanted the people to bring you, Taeyeon to a place you don’t know… somewhere unsafe… somewhere scary. The person she asked to do this was Eunhyuk. And since Eunhyuk is our friend, we helped him out. Good thing that I was the one assigned to kidnap you, Taeyeon. I just brought you to your house since I didn’t want anything bad to happen to you.”

 

                “What? I couldn’t believe this. You didn’t even bring her to a deserted place? Aissh! How lame!” Tiffany cried out.

 

                “Why does it seem that you’re that affected with what Leeteuk~ssi has said?” Taeyeon asked.

 

                There was silence.

 

                Suddenly, Eunhyuk spoke. “It’s because she’s the mastermind!”

 

                “Yeah! The mastermind is Tiffany!” Donghae said.

 

                “Aissh! Keep your mouths shut!” Tiffany commanded.

 

                “No, I couldn’t just let this pass just because I like you. I need to speak up now. Tiffany knows that I like her. So she took advantage of it. She exploited me and asked me to give her anything she wants. Until it came to this point. Cheongmal mianhae, Taeyeon~ssi.” Eunhyuk apologized.

 

                “So, your grudges about me joining this pageant will reach up to the point where someone will be hurt? Tiffany, I think this is too weak of you. I pity you!” Taeyeon stood up and told Tiffany.

 

                “But I don’t want you there, trying to grab away the crown from me! You don’t deserve it! You b*tch!” Tiffany got near Taeyeon. They were standing in front of each other, face to face.

 

                “So if that would be it Tiffany, you just made it clear. It is you who is low class. It is you who has no breeding. You’re really a poor narrow-thinking child.” Taeyeon declared.

 

                “Just believe what you want to believe. The hell I care?! You’re just pissing me off. Since you made me mad, expect something bad to happen regarding the pageant. Be prepared.” Tiffany had a devilish smile.

 

                “So, you’re trying to scare me, huh? Well, if you want war, then let it be! Bring it on! I’ll give you war!” Taeyeon said in a competitive tone.

 

                “Whatever, loser! See you at the pageant!” Tiffany finally said and she walked out and heavily shut the door.

 

                “Look what you got me into. This is such a big mess that I’ve entered, and this is your fault! Aigoo. I’m not really a war-freak kind of girl, and with this fight with Tiffany, I can’t win. Eotteoke? I guess I’ll just get back what I told her.” Taeyeon blamed Leeteuk and his other friends as her tears fell from her eyes.

 

                Suddenly, Leeteuk hugged her Taeyeon. But she didn’t hug back. She just stood stiff.

 

                “Don’t worry. I’ll help you out. I’ll support you, and I’ll never let you down. I promise.” Leeteuk comforted her.

 

                “Count us in. We’re also responsible for getting you into trouble. So, we’re offering ourselves to help you out. And we’re also very sorry.” Siwon bid.

 

                “We will do everything we can just to support you. It’s the simplest way we could give back for the trouble we caused you.” Eunhyuk said.

 

                “Yes Taeyeon, for us to give back with the trouble we caused you, we will do everything to support you.” Donghae said the same statement Eunhyuk said.

 

                “I don’t know. I’m not really sure. I can’t make up my mind. I still feel so… so.. tensed. I’m so pressured. I don’t know. I’m sorry I have to go.” Taeyeon ran out of the room crying, where she found Jonghyun waiting. He immediately comforted her. Leeteuk tried to ran after Taeyeon, but he already found her being hugged and comforted by Jonghyun. Suddenly, he envied them. He was feeling jealous, his heart was about to collapse with what he saw.

 

                “Why am I feeling this way? Why do I feel jealous about this? Is this..... love?” Leeteuk whispered and he blushed while staring at Jonghyun comforting Taeyeon.