Chapter 2: Humiliation

A Time for Us

                “English, Trigonometry, … Omo! Omo! Where’s my Physics book? Aishh! I’m going late! I should find that quick! Aigoo.” Kim Taeyeon rushed in finding her lost book all throughout her scattered school materials. She always wanted to complete her materials for school, since her studies are her priority, but then she always fails to do so. And for that, she really hated her disorganized character. “Hyunji~ah! Haven’t you seen my Physics book?” She shouted loudly, calling out her 4 year old sister, not knowing she’s still sleeping.

 

                “…”

 

                She didn’t receive a reply.

 

                *thug*… “Awww!! That hurts!” She hit her head while she was looking for her book under the table.  “Clumsy me.”

 

                “Aigoo… omma… Haven’t you seen the book?” She asked her mom.

 

                “Sorry my dear… I didn’t see it anywhere… You’re going late. Quick! You should leave now. D-d-don’t worry.. I.. I..I’ll try to look for it.. W-when I found it, I’ll bring it to you immediately at school.” Her mom worriedly said.

 

                “Aniyo. Omma, don’t even mind to do that. Please don’t. I’ll go now. Annyeong higaseyo!” She bid.

 

At school

 

                “Hah. It’s already 7:38. I’m 8 minutes late! Eotteoke?! I think I won’t just come inside the classroom, I’ll just embarrass myself again… But I really must go to my classes, the exams are coming near. Aigoo..” Taeyeon thought. “Aissh… Come what may! I’ll go! Yeonyeon hwaiting!”

 

                She walked quickly and quietly like a cat through the empty hallway as she headed to her classroom. When she arrived, her professor was already inside and already started teaching.

 

                “Annyeong haseyo! Goo-g-good morning sir..”  She said shyly.

 

                “Taeyeon~ssi… Why are you late?” Professor Choi posed in a high voice.

 

                “I… I.. I…. Mianhae seonsaengnim.. I’ll just.. I…” Taeyeon uttered. She can’t think of any reason for her to explain.

 

                “Just sit down Taeyeon~ssi. I’ll talk to you later after my class.”

 

                “Kamsahamnida seonsaengnim.”

 

                Taeyeon was rushing her way to her seat at the back most row of their room when she slipped off and fell on the floor. All the books she had on her hand flew off… Poor Taeyeon had the whole class laughing at her. Her face flushed and looked pale. She held tears from her eyes and was about to cry. She knew it wasn’t her fault. Her classmate, Tiffany purposely slid her foot on the aisle to let Taeyeon trip down.

 

                “Oh-my-God! Poor Kim Taeyeon... Gaaah…Why in hell would you fall off like that? You badly want our attention, huh? You’re disturbing the whole class! Aishh…” Tiffany said loudly as she stood up and smiled devilishly.

 

                “But… you tripped me off on purpose. It wasn’t my fault Tiffany!” Taeyeon demanded.

 

                “How dare you accuse me of that? We all know that I don’t have time to do such foolish thing. I’m listening to our professor’s discussion. And, duhh… Why would I even do that, you freak!” Tiffany intensely said.

 

                The whole class became silent, their eyes all on the two girls.

 

                “That’s enough!” Professor Choi exclaimed. “The two of you stay after this class. Is that clear?”

 

                “Ne.” the two girls answered.

 

In the middle of their trigonometry class

 

                There was a woman who entered SM University (the school Taeyeon was studying) who was rushing and asking everybody in the hallway where the classroom of a girl named Kim Taeyeon was located.

 

                “Excuse me mister. Do you know Kim Taeyeon? She’s my daughter; she’s now in third year.” The woman asked.

 

                “Ah, aniyo. Sorry ma’am, I don’t know her.” Eunhyuk answered. “How about you guys, do you know her?” He asked his friends.

 

                “I’ve never heard of her.” Siwon replied.

 

                “If Hyuk doesn't know, then i don't know too.” Donghae uttered.

 

[Leeteuk’s POV]

 

                Kim Taeyeon. Isn’t that the girl appearing in my dreams? I know that’s her. Aissh. Should I help this woman out? If I do, then my friends would think that I met that nerd girl already. Eotteoke? Argh. But, what if this lady is in an emergency? I guess it isn’t that bad to help her. I hope my friends won’t take it as a big deal….. Why am I even thinking this way? Aissh.

 

                “Isn’t she the student from 3-C? Her room is on the third floor ma’am. Just go this way, and you’ll find the stairs. Their room is the last door on the third floor.” Leeteuk finally said, pointing on the way to the stairs.

 

                “Ah jinjja. Thank you very much mister.” The woman said happily.

 

                “You’re welcome ma’am.”

 

As the lady headed straight to Taeyeon’s room…

 

                “So, you mean you know that Kim Taeyeon?” Siwon asked.

 

                “She’s one of his girlfriends.” Eunhyuk joked.

 

                “Ah jinjja? How come we don’t know her hyung?” Donghae accused.

 

                “Shut it off. I don’t know how I knew that girl. Somehow, I just remembered her when the lady said her name. Maybe I met her on a school club or something.” Leeteuk explained.

 

                “I never knew you joined a school club.” – Eunhyuk

 

               "Ne, We didn't kne you joined a school club." -Donghae

 

               “Well, it was just a requirement in one of my subjects to join a club. I’m not that active on it though….   Hey hey hey. Why are you guys looking at me like that? You’re not thinking that I’m telling lies right?” Leeteuk said.

 

              “Mwo? Aniyo.. We just think that’s awkward of you to be found in the school clubs other than the Popular’s Guild.” Siwon stated.

 

                “Ne. It’s hilarious. You’re acting weird right now hyung. As if you really are hiding something.”

 

                “Aissh. Think of what you want to think.” Leeteuk defended.

 

                “Wanna absent today? I heard a new bar opened today at V-square. Wanna come?” Eunhyuk suggested.

 

                "Yeah! Bar. At V-square! Wanna come? -Donghae

 

                “I’ll pass. Gotta finish something.” Leeteuk said.

 

                “Tss. Bar hopping this early? I have to say no.” Siwon denied.

 

                “Araseo. Suit yourselves. I’ll go with Hyuk.” – Donghae.

 

 

                Eunhyuk, Siwon and Donghae are one of Leeteuk’s closest friends. But it seems that he really doesn’t want being with them most of the time. It’s just for the matter of not being a nobody by being with some famous guys. And since those three boys were his classmates from elementary, he decided to join their group, and the Populars Guild, though he was quite unhappy with them.

 

                Populars Guild was a club exclusively for the elite people in SM University. It is only for the deserving and the chosen ones. A group of glamour, grace, popularity, and power. Joining it would be like going through a needle’s hole, since it was never easy for anyone to be in the club. Its members were idolized, and being looked forward to by other students who are not that fortunate… However, many of them were being reviled, since they use their position to bully the lower classes.

 

 

Meanwhile, at Taeyeon’s classroom

 

                “Annyeong haseyo ahjussi. May I disturb you for awhile?” Taeyeon’s mom greeted.

 

                “Oh, Annyeong haseyo ma’am. How may I help you?” Professor Choi answered.

 

                “I’m looking for my daughter Kim Taeyeon, I would just want to hand this to her. She forgot it at home.” –Taeyeon’s mom

 

                “Is that so? Oh yes, she’s here, she’s my student.” “Kim Taeyeon? Please come here for a while.” Professor Choi called over.

 

                As Taeyeon walked over to her mom and professor, she could see her classmates look at her and whisper to each other. It’s how they usually react whenever Taeyeon does something disgraceful.

 

                “What’s new?” She thought.

 

 

                “Omma, why are you here?” She asked.

 

                “Oh, look what I have. I found you book! I brought it here for you. I know you need it, right?

 

                “But omma, I told you not to go here anymore.”

 

                “Don’t worry my dear. It’s ok. Here, I also took lunch for you. That’s your favorite.”

 

                “Gomawo omma. You can go home now.” Taeyeon said and then hurried back to her seat out of her embarrassment.

 

 

                Her mom didn’t go yet. Professor Choi was still talking to her about something, and Taeyeon heard her classmate Tiffany whisper.

 

                “Look who’s here. a scandalous woman visiting her completely scandalous daughter just to bring her lunchbox… and a book… How pathetic.”

 

                “Isn’t that hilarious? Kkkk… Shhh.. I think she could hear us.. Kkkk” Jessica reacted.

 

                “As if I would care… Kkkk…” Tiffany smirked.

 

 

                Tiffany and Jessica were some of the Popular Guild’s members who excel in mocking other students.

 

 

                Taeyeon's other classmates were also talking about her and her mom… She can’t do anything about it… She’s humiliated to death, as if she would want to explode. She just bowed her head down to his desk to hide her shy face, as tears dropped from her eyes.

 

At the end of the class

 

               “Kim Taeyeon, Tiffany Hwang, please stay, I would just like to talk to you for a minute.” Professor Choi commanded.

 

                “Sir, I’m sorry for what happened earlier.” Taeyeon apologized.

 

                “I’m also very sorry sir, but I won’t let this pass until she takes back what she said that I tripped her on purpose. I swear I didn’t do it.” Tiffany faked.

 

                “B-b-b-but… It’s really her.”

 

                “Kim Taeyeon, we all know you’re clumsy, and these things always happen to you. There’s nothing new about it. So, why would you even tend to accuse me of this? Babo!”

 

                “Taeyeon, let’s just end this. Take back what you said, ok?” Professor Choi told.

 

                “I-I-I… Tiffany, mianhaeyo. It was me. I fell on the floor by myself, you didn’t purposely tripped me. Are you happy now?” Taeyeon softly said.

 

                “There. Good girl, Taeyeon… Don’t worry, I forgive you. Kkkk..” Tiffany teased.

 

                “Therefore, I think that’s all we need to talk about. Tiffany, thanks for staying with us for a while. Kim Taeyeon, I don’t want you accusing someone of your own mistakes, especially in my class. I’m warning you… And by the way, I talked to your mom earlier about you’re class tardiness. She’ll be the one to talk to you and discipline you regarding it. That would be all. Goodbye.” – Professor Choi.

 

At the cafeteria.

 

                “Siwon~ya, could you get me a soda?” Leeteuk requested.

 

                “Aissh. Get it yourself.”

 

                “Come on, do me a favor…”

 

                “Araseo araseo araseo…”

 

 

                After a while, Siwon returned to their table and witnessed Leeteuk gazing at a distance. He tried to look where Leeteuk’s eyes are directed. She found the lonely Kim Taeyeon sobbing at the table on the corner, but he didn’t know who that girl was.

 

                “Who is she?” Siwon asked.

 

                “Who’s who?”

 

                “That nerdy looking girl you’re staring at.”

 

                “Mwo? I’m not staring at anyone.” Leeteuk denied.

 

                “If that’s the case, then why are your eyes straighted to that direction, hyung?”

 

                “Where’s my soda?”

 

                “I ain’t give it until you tell me.”

 

                “Araseo. I was just worried about that poor girl. Look, she’s crying.” Leeteuk explained.

 

                “You mean… you’re affected by that nerd? Kkkkkkk… Aigoo. Hyung, what’s been into you? You’re acting weird today. Got a problem?”

 

                “Obsseo…  Don’t worry.. Just hand me my soda.”

 

 

                Leeteuk had his soda from Siwon and immediately left…

 

 

[Siwon’s POV]

 

              I wonder what’s going on with him right now. He’s not acting normally. And what does that girl have to do with him? I must do something with this. I must tell the other guys.

 

 

 

                Meanwhile, Leeteuk found another place where he could hide from Siwon. But he was still watching over Kim Taeyeon. She was still crying, and was holding a piece of paper… Leeteuk got curious about what was it about when Taeyeon wrote something on it, and just left the paper on the table, and then went straight upstairs to the rooftop. Leeteuk simpled a walk, but he was actually rushing to the table to get the note.

 

                “I wonder what this is about….. Hwaaa!!!!!” Leeteuk was shocked with what he saw.

 

 

                “I can’t take this anymore… Goodbye World!” ----this is what was written on the note.

 

 

At the rooftop…              

 

                “I hate the world! I hate myself! I hate this life! Why am I so unfortunate and I should be the one to live this stupid life? Aissh! Why am I different? Why can’t I live a normal life? I just want to be happy… That’s it…. But I can’t take this…  It’s so hard… I want to die!”  Taeyeon screamed out on the vast air.

 

 

                “Hey miss! Stop! Please do not continue what you're planning to do!” A voice from afar called over....

 

 

 

(i'm not so confident about this chapter, for me, it sounds boring... anyway, i hope you'll still wait for the third chapter... i'll try to make it fun to read as much as possible... )

 

(All Rights Reserved. Made by Danhil Nico D. Magcalas [Jidong chingu] )