Chapter 3: Unpleasant Surprise

A Time for Us

 

                 Who could the voice be? Taeyeon glanced back from where she was standing. He saw a male student whom he never met before. She didn’t know who he was. It was Park Leeteuk. She just stared at him with a curious face… She blinked… and blinked, and blinked…

 

                “Miss, do not ever do what you’re trying to do. Please do not commit suicide in front of my eyes. Come here… Come over here…” Leeteuk said loudly while walking towards Taeyeon with his hands on a don’t-do-that-and-just-stop position.

 

                “Eh?...” Taeyeon reacted.

 

                “Miss, please come down here. We could talk about your problems. You’re idea of killing yourself won’t help, I swear. So please, come down here…” Leeteuk begged, as if Taeyeon was really an important person to him.

 

                “…… a- uhm… ok? I- I will .... come down….uhmm… Kkkkk…. Hahahaha!!!” Taeyeon tried to control herself from cracking but she couldn’t and she suddenly burst into loud laughters.

 

                “W—Wha-w-what? This is a serious situation miss. Why do you just laugh about it? I’m worried here. This isn’t the right time to be acting immature…” Leeteuk said… He was actually about to freak out since he doesn’t know what really is happening.

 

                “Hahahah! You’re so funny mister-whoever you are… That’s a pretty good joke...” Taeyeon responded.

 

                “ Huh? What’s going on here? You were about to commit suicide earlier right? Then what’s this all about?” Leeteuk was confused.

 

                “So you really thought I’ll jump off this tall building and waste my life? I’m sorry if you misinterpreted my actions. But mister, you’re… mistaken…”

 

                “Are you kidding me?”

 

                “No mister. If you do not know, this is my way to get away all my grudges here…” Taeyeon explained while pointing to her heart.

 

                “So you..y-you mean, you’re not committing suicide? You’re just making a fool out of yourself?”

 

                “Yeah.. It does sound like that… kkkk…” Taeyeon was still unfocused, she really thinks the situation is funny.

 

                Leeteuk rolled his eyes and stared in a whatever-this-girl-is-insaneface.

 

                “By the way mister, I am Kim Taeyeon, from 3-C, I’m a problematic girl, I live a few houses away from this school, I love eating ice cream, and I do play with spiders when I’m not busy… How about you? Who are you? And why does it seem that you care about everything in the world? You even tried to stop me from being suicidal, as what you thought, even though we’ve never met before?”

 

                “You’re weird, miss.” Leeteuk looked at her, really confused what’s with this girl. He knew Kim Taeyeon, but he didn’t know she had this sort if personality.

 

                “That’s what everyone tells me. So, what is your name?”

 

                “You do recognize me, do you?” Leeteuk asked.

 

                “Uhm… I don’t think so… Have we met before?”

 

                “So you mean you do not know me?”

 

                “How many times are you still going to ask whether I know you or not? I would just want to know your name… That’s it.”

 

                “Aissh!” Leeteuk expressed. He turned and look afar, taking his sight away from Taeyeon and put his hands on his head since he couldn’t believe that a girl from the lower class doesn’t know him, although he is a member of the Popular’s Guild, and everyone in SM University know who he is.

 

                “How in the world do I personally know and dream of this geeky Taeyeon, while she doesn’t even recognize a school popular like me? Where have this girl been placing herself? I can’t believe that there’s still a girl in school who don’t melt their selves when seeing me. Aissh! This really is irritating. Who is she to not know me?” Leeteuk madly whispered to himself.

 

 

               “Okay, my name is Park Leet….. Eh? Where did she go? She’s really weird. No one ever did this to me. She makes me feel I’m a nobody. This can’t be. She’d pay for this.” Leeteuk said, and then smirked.

 

 

The next day, in Taeyeon’s class

 

 

                “Okay class, before I dismiss you, I’ve got some announcement from the Culture and Arts Department of our University. For all the girls who signed up in the Miss University pageant, you’ll have you’re meeting tomorrow at the auditorium with Ms. Han. To the whole class, I want all of you to support them, ok?” Professor Choi said.

 

                “Sica, you did not sign up right?” Tiffany asked curiously.

 

                “Aniyo! I thought it was just you who signed up in this class.” Jessica replied.

 

                “Yeah… That’s why it pisses me of. Who in the hell is challenging my beauty??”

 

                “I have no idea. It’s just the two of us here who has the beauty and the potential.” –Sica

 

                “Like duh. Why the both of us? Excuse me… It’s just ME! Not us, ok?”

 

                “A—uhm—o-okay..”

 

                “So the candidates of Ms University from this class are of course, Tiffany Hwang… and miss Kim Taeyeon. Let’s all support them class.”

 

                The class was shocked and couldn’t believe that Taeyeon was called as part of the pageant.

 

                “Mueyo? But sir, I didn’t sign up. There must be a mistake.” Taeyeon complained.

 

                “But, you really are listed here, Taeyeon~ssi. You must stand up for it.. This is a once in lifetime chance…” –Professor Choi.

 

                “This.. Th-this can’t be…” Taeyeon bluntly expressed.

 

                “Aissh… How dare this girl signed up for the pageant? She must’ve thought it was a competition for the nerds. This really pisses me of.. And look, she’s even trying to make herself look innocent in front of the class, as if someone would believe her that she didn’t really signed up.” Tiffany blabbed.

 

                “Like duh! Since when did a geek win a slot for a beauty pageant?” Jessica reacted.

 

                “Anyway, don’t get to much worried for me Sica… This weirdo won’t win against me. We’re of different levels. Kkkkk…”

 

 

The next day, after the Miss University pageant’s meeting

 

 

                “Well who do we have here?” Tiffany teasingly said.

 

                “Hmmm.. it’s Kim Taeyeon. By the way… congratulations for making it to the pageant…” Jessica said towards her.

 

                “You… you planned this, didn't you?” Taeyeon accused.

 

                “Why would I do that? There you are again, accusing me…. Aissh..” -Tiffany

 

                “But you really did it this time!”

 

 

                At the same time, while Tiffany and Taeyeon are arguing, Leeteuk passed by the auditorium so he heard their conversation. He peeked through the door, and realized that Tiffany and Jessica were bullying Taeyeon.

 

 

[Leeteuk’s POV]

 

                Whoa… Tiffany and Jessica are bullying someone again.. and the girl...it’s Kim Taeyeon.. I should do something about this… Aissh, but no, she still has something to pay to me… I’ll just leave her here…

 

 

                Leeteuk was about to leave and let Taeyeon be bullied.. But he immediately returned and peeked at the door again.

 

                “Think whatever you would like to think, freak… But listen to what I will say… If the candidates were flowers, then we would all be precious ones. But of course, I will be the most majestic and valuable rose… While you… You’ll stay a wilted, withering, old weed!” Tiffany shouted straight at Taeyeon’s face.

 

                “I know you are one of the elites in school Tiffany, but still, you can’t let me feel inferior without my consent!” Taeyeon fought for herself.

 

                “So you really are challenging me Kim Taeyeon? You want a fight?” Tiffany said proudly.

 

                “You think you can win a battle against us?” Jessica interrupted.

 

                “It’s just me, Sica, not us..” Tiffany whispered to Jessica.

 

                “So Taeyeon, what? Wanna get hurt?”

 

 

Suddenly...

 

                “Fanny~ah!” Leeteuk’s voice was heard within the auditorium.

 

 

                “Oh my God, it’s your soon-to-be-boyfriend, Tiffany!” Jessica murmured.

 

                “I know, I know… Gosh!  How do I look?” Tiffany asked in a panic.

 

                “As usual, you’re pretty!” –Jessica

 

                “What? Pretty? Aissh… I don’t need ‘pretty’, because I already know that I am pretty… I need to be perfect! Give me my powder, and lip gloss! Quick!” Tiffany sharply commanded Jessica in a soft voice that Leeteuk couldn't hear.

 

                Taeyeon just rolled her eyes. Tiffany quickly fixed herself while Leeteuk was getting near to them.

 

                “Fanny~ah, I’ve heard you made it to the pageant. I just came over to congratulate you.” Leeteuk said to Tiffany while he was trying to hide his hand signaling Taeyeon to get out of the auditorium. It was the least he could do to help Taeyeon from getting bullied and further hurt by the two mean girls. He was using his princely charm over Tiffany that never failed to blind girls and distracts them from other things.

 

                Taeyeon quickly got what Leeteuk’s hand signal means, but she was curious why would Teukie do it. But then she took the chance to escape.

 

                “Hwaa… Kamsahamnida Teukie~ya… You really headed your way here just to see and congratulate me? Aigoo.. That’s so sweet of you…” Tiffany was in her aegyo face.

 

                “Ofcourse.. I’m wishing you luck for the pageant. Oh, by the way, I have to go… Tiffany hwaiting!” Leeteuk bid, and then he left after Taeyeon was already out of sight.

 

                “Omo..omo! Leeteuk~oppa. He came over to wish me luck! I’m melting! Omo!!” Tiffany was so overjoyed.

 

                “Uhm, Fanny~ah… Fanny!” Sica interrupted.

 

                “What? I’m in a joyous momentum! Why would you disturb me?! Aishh!” Tiffany was irritated.

 

                “You do realize that Taeyeon left already right?” Jessica informed.

 

                “Huh? Where did that girl go?! Aissh.. Nevermind. She’s never gonna win this, anyway! Come on, let’s go!”

 

 

 

That night…

 

 

                *Krringg!! Krringg!!*

 

                “I wonder who’s calling….. Whoa.. Hey dude, look, it’s Tiffany. I guess she missed me a lot.” Eunhyuk told Sungmin.

 

                “Aissh.. I think she just needs something again from you, Hyuk.” Sungmin replied.

 

                “Whatever.”      “Yoboseyo… Tiffany Annyeong…” He answered the phone.

 

                “Eunhyuk Annyeong! How are you my sweetie?”

 

                “I’m happy that you called, my lovely… Missed me?”

 

                “Of course I do.. I always do.. Oh by the way, may I ask something from you?”

 

                “Oh sure! What is it?”

 

 

 

                Tiffany always asked something from Eunhyuk. She exploits Eunhyuk because she knows that Hyuk is deeply obsessed with her. Eunhyuk, on the other hand, just does whatever Tiffany wanted because he’s blinded by her beauty.

 

 

The next day

 

 

                Eunhyuk called his friends Siwon, Donghae and Leeteuk. He was planning for something and he told them all about it.

 

                “Guys, please help me with this… It’s quite a hard job, but Tiffany wants me to do this… You know how much I want her right? So could I count on you guys?” Eunhyuk pleaded.

 

                “As always, Hyuk. You know I can’t let you down with everything you asked from us. Count me in.” –Donghae.

 

                “Ok.” Siwon simply said; Leeteuk just nodded.

 

 

 

[Leeteuk’s POV]