Chapter 2

Lightless

Hyemi's POV

"You take forever to get ready!" Yoseob complained.

"Hey! Girls need their time okay!"

"Hyemi ah!"

There stood my best friend Nam Eunhee with her boyfriend Chae Daniel.  Eunhee has been my best friend since I moved into the neighborhood.  She is always there for me, she has my back at school and even acts like a mother.

"Oh! Your tie is crooked." Eunhee said, as she adjusted my tie.  I sighed.

"Eunhee stop being a mom." I pouted.

"There! Perfect!" Eunhee giggled.

"Then that makes me your dad... right?" Daniel asked.

"NO!" I yelled.

Eunhee giggled, kissing Daniel on the cheek.

"You mister, did you do your homework?" Eunhee asked.

"Hey! I'm your boyfriend, not your son!" Daniel yelled.

These two, they are so in love, yet so negative towards each other.

All four of us walked to school, Cube High School.

"Out of my way!"

Being pushed to the side, I looked up to see the school bully, Yong Junhyung.  Great! The first day of the week and the first second at school, I see Yong Junhyung.

"What's up with that guy.  Thinks he controls the whole entire school." I said.

"Well, he is kind of scary you know." Eunhee said.

"He is not scary at all! He's annoying, rude and-"

"Keep going."

My eyes widened as I turned to see Yong Junhyung.

Ever since I've moved to this school, I'm the only one who can stand up to him, and live through it.

"and disrespectful!" I yelled in his face.

"Good morning to you Hyemi." Junhyung smirked before brushing his shoulder roughly into mine, making me fall to the floor.

"Hyemi ah." Yoseob said, helping me up.

"oooh! I hate him!" I yelled slamming my hand into the lockers.

"Well, he is a meanie." Eunhee said.

"You think?!" I asked.

"Come on, school will be over soon and you won't have to see his ugly face ever again, now lets go before Mrs. Lee makes us mop the floors again."

School ended and I walked home with Yoseob oppa.  Eunhee and Daniel wandered off someplace.  I don't know what they are going to do.

"Hyemi, you have mail." My aunt tells me.

"None for me?" Yoseob asked.

"There's never anything for you." Aunt said before turning away.

"Aw! Mom why you gotta be like that!"

I laughed as I opened the envelop revealing a letter.  My eyes widened as I read the first sentence.

"To our beloved daughter Hyemi,"

I kept reading.

"By the time you read this letter, we have already left to heaven.  I'm sorry for leaving you and Hyesun by yourselves.  I know you two will be together.  In this letter, we give our last request, and wish to both our daughters.  Hyemi, our wish to you is... We wish for you to marry our friend's son.  I know you won't like the ideal, but you two have met long time ago when you were toddlers.  He may be the same and maybe not, but please give him a chance.  We made a promise with them that we would wed you both.  Though father is sorry he can't be there to give you away.  We wish you the best in your lives and happiness through them.  We love very much our daughters.

-Your parents."

I cried as I read the letter.  I turned to aunt as she smiled.

"You know right?" I asked.

"Your parent's friend called.  They ask you to have dinner with them tonight."

I nodded.  I'll accept this request and full fill my parents wish.  After all, that's all I can do for them.

I got ready, putting on something clean and nice.  I smiled to myself at the mirror.

Hyemi's outfit:

 

"You look lovely Hyemi." Aunty smiled.

"Yeah! And If your betrothed is mean! Tell him Yoseob will kick his !"

"Yoseob!" Uncle and Aunt yelled.

"What! I have to be protective over my cousin!"

"Thanks Yoseob oppa."

The families car picked me up.  My eyes widened as I arrived at a mansion.  Are you sure this is them Eomma, Appa?

"Here we are Hyemi shi."

I nodded.  A man in a suit opened the door for me.  I walked out as I saw a lady smiling towards me.

"Omo! Hyemi!" She ran up to me hugging me tightly.  My eyes widened in shock.

"Oh I'm sorry, you can't breathe right? I'm just so excited!~ I haven't seen you in so long! You've grown so much! Where is your sister?" She asked.

I held it in and smiled.

"My sister was adopted.  I don't know where she is.  I haven't been in contact with her." I said.

"Oh I'm sorry! I should have known!  Come in come in! My son and husband are awaiting us at the dinner table!"

I smiled and walked in.

She won't make a bad mother in law.  She's sweet.

As we walked into the house, my eyes widened at the big glass chandelier.

"This way dear." She smiled.

As we walked into the kitchen, I saw a man sitting nicely.

"Well, isn't it Hyemi.  Your all grown up."

I smiled and bowed.

"Lee Hyemi ibnida." I said.

"Where is our son? He knew he was going to meet his future wife!" The lady yelled.

"SON! GET DOWN HERE RIGHT NOW!"

"I'm coming I'm coming." He yelled.

Wait... I heard that voice before.

"I had to put my suit on.  I just got home."

My eyes widened to see who it was.

He looked up at me, as his eyes widened.  His hands were frozen, he stopped buttoning his tux as he stared at me.

"You've got to be kidding.." He said.

"Hyemi, meet my son.  Yong Junhyung.  You guys know each other right? You both go to the same school."

Someone...

 

Shoot me.