Chapter 1

Lightless

Hyemi's POV

My life was everything I wanted it to be.  I had a loving mother and father, plus a caring older sister, Hyesun.  But, everything was taken away from me.  By god.

"Eomma! Appa!" I cried.

I could and will never forget that accident.  The pain, the unforgiving sacrifice my parents went through.  The last thing I heard from my parents was:

"Hyemi, always be strong.  Never ever let someone put you down.  Always stay true to yourself.  Believe in your own words, not others."

From that, I've always lived by them.  After the accident, Hyesun eonni and I were moved to an orphanage.  We were always teased at school, but I had Hyesun eonni.

"Yah! Lee Hyemi!  You don't have parents who love you!  You will always be an orphan! Merong!"

I cried.  I was always a crybaby.

"WHAT DID YOU SAY TO MY SISTER!"

Hyesun eonni punched the boys and girls, pushing and shoving them to the ground.  She wiped her hands with one of the boy's shirt,glaring.

"Never mess with Lee Hyemi again!  Or you'll feel the wrath of Lee Hyesun!  Hyemi's older sister! NOW SCRAM!"

The boys and girls ran off as Hyesun eonni turned towards me, she bent down to my level.  She wiped my hands, helping me up.

"Is my dongsaeng okay?  Are you hurt?" Eonni asked.

"Eonni!" I cried.

"I'll always be here.  Don't worry!"

But, she wasn't.  A few days later my eonni left a letter:

"My lovable younger sister Hyemi,

Eonni has been adopted.  Don't cry!  Eonni will come back for you.

Even if we are apart, we are still sisters!

It's in our blood! >.<

I love you.  And I'll miss you.

- Your older sister Hyesun."

Crying.  Depressed.  I never ate nor drank anything.  I never slept until someone came.

"Hyemi, we are here to take you home."

My aunt and uncle.  My mother's sister and husband.

Ever since than, years have passed and I'm sixteen.  I live with my aunt and uncle with their son, Yang Yoseob.  My cousin.

"YAH! Lee Hyemi! We are gonna be late!" Yoseob rang from downstairs.

"I'm coming!" I yelled.

I ran out of my room, but before leaving I smiled at my family photo.

"Eomma, Appa, Eonni.  Good morning! How are you guys? Good? Hehe~ I'm glad!"