Pumpkin Punch

Kiss Cafe

Did you guys notice in the last chapter, I had mentioned “Am I dreaming” right before the kiss, just like in the first one?

Gahhh. I should make this the Kiss/Dream café or something.

I’m going to try to not to do that often.

*

Who would have guessed that Halloween would have been that magic day? Well, besides that’s when people let out their alter egos, witches bump into signs, and ghosts float on porches. Of course, what’s so magical about fake spider webs?

I was still oblivious when I entered Kiss Café, which was decked out with the traditional Halloween decor. “Sunny!” My friend Hyoyeon cried out and hugged me in greeting. She had dressed up as an Egyptian princess. Her narrow face helped with the illusion.  “Your costume is fabulous!”

“Thanks!” I straightened out my leather jacket. “Is my wig okay?”

“That’s a wig? I seriously thought you had cut your hair. It looks fantastic on you!” Note to self: Consider short hair next time I go to the salon. Hyoyeon stepped away from the door, giving me room. “Come on in!”

As my studded boots clunked on the wooden floor, I scanned the crowd. It looked like it was a company sponsored party-I hadn’t seen anyone yet that wasn’t from SM. Even our manager was here, taking a drink from the punch bowl.

“Hey Sunny! Want a drink?” I turned to see Key with glitter in his hair and a pink jacket on. Of course he would dress up like that, he was always a diva.

“Hey Key!” I accepted the drink. It had an orange color and had a spicy, pumpkin taste, yet still resembled punch. “Thanks. Are you Ke$ha?” I guessed, remembering his outfit during SHINee’s first tour.

“Yup. But Taemin isn’t dressing up as a girl. We SHINee members made sure of that.” We laughed. “You look great with short hair,” Key added. “You should ask your manager to apply for it for Girls’ Generation’s next concept.”

“Thanks, I’ll consider that.” I looked around. “So who’s here?”

Key pondered. “Wait let’s see…” He stuck out his hand to count. “All the managers are here, but just to discuss among themselves some plans SM has come up for SMTOWN Winter. Hyoyeon greeted you at the door. Luna and Victoria are here from f(x)-funny, since I don’t where Amber is. Sulli is off for a photoshoot and Krystal is celebrating Halloween somewhere else. Taemin is discussing something with Minho over by the microwave, Jonghyun is recording an OST or something, and Onew said he was going to catch up with some friends. Out of Girls’ Generation, Taeyeon and Seohyun are off recording something. I don’t know where Jessica is, you could ask Krystal she might know. Yuri and Yoona are filming some dramas. Sooyoung and Tiffany are dunking apples with Heechul. As for the rest of Super Junior, I think they’re all here except for Yesung and Ryeowook, who are finishing KRY recordings, and Eunhyuk and Shindong, who are choreographing some joint performance.”

Before I could respond, Leeteuk had grabbed a mike from somewhere. “Alright, everyone! Listen up!”

We all turned to him. He was wearing a cape and had fangs sticking out of his mouth. He had even dyed his hair black again, creating the pale, vampire effect. No sparkles though. I mean, could you imagine Leeteuk sparkling? I can only do that when fans call him by his nickname “Angel-teuk.” But the sparkles are on his halo and wings. What kind of flesh sparkles naturally anyway? But I digress.

“We have a special performance tonight for you all,” he announced, a grin on his face. “It’s the Kiss Café-hosted, SM…HAUNTED HOUSE!”

At that moment, spooky music played from the speakers. There were some shrieks, and then laughter.

“So if you will come into my humble abode,” Leeteuk finished with a slight hiss, pulling back a curtain that revealed a passageway.

Everyone eagerly walked in, walking down the steps into the “tunnel”. I dipped my head as I passed by in the doorway. Everyone walked single-file until the passageway had morphed into a huge room.

“Alright ladies and gentlemen!” Leeteuk reappeared in front of the crowd again. He snapped his fingers. Everyone gasped as the lights came on, revealing thirteen doors, shaped like coffins. Ooh, unlucky thirteen. “Now all of these doors-or shall I say coffins- lead back to the individual room we all came from. However, some of them hold surprises, and others don’t. I’d like all of you to pick a door and go through it and see what fate awaits you.”

Taemin blurted out, “So we just pick a door now?”

“Yes! Why else am I standing here, waiting?”

We all quickly chose a door. I chose the rightmost one.

Leeteuk winked and vanished back into the way we came.

“Let’s go in order!” Kyuhyun said, standing next to me.

Hyoyeon rolled her eyes. “Fine.” She opened her door and walked through. “All clear!” She yelled out after a minute.

Luna took a deep breath. “Okay, here goes!” She opened her door and walked through. A few seconds later came a shriek. “Ahhhhh!!! My leg!” The screams turned into laughter in a short while though. “You silly dubu!” We could hear her say.

Minho snorted. “Must be Onew hyung. Of course he would lie about going somewhere else.”

“Okay, I’m next!” Taemin said brightly. He stepped in. “All clear!” We heard his muffled voice announce.

Victoria and Minho went through without any problems as well. “All clear!”

Donghae pumped a fist. “Fighting!” He said with a smile as he went through his a door. Two seconds later, his voice called out “Um there’s like a life-sized doll with lots of stitches in here…Jessica, is that you?”

Sooyoung laughed. “Aha, I get it! Don’t you? You know how she had the Barbie doll performance during our concert? Haha the irony!” She was still laughing when she entered her passageway. “All clear!” She finally called out.

Heechul gave a salute. “Hee-dicatator will now take his chances!” He walked through unscathed too.

Then Key entered. “OHMYGOD!” he shrieked. “There’s a mummy! GET IT AWAY FROM ME!”

All we could here afterwards was laughter. “Dude, it’s me,” someone giggled.

“Amber? Man, you make a really convincing mummy!”

Everyone else laughed.

When we quieted down, Tiffany clapped her hands gleefully. “Okay, my turn!” She stepped through, her heels clinking the ground as the sparkles on her fairy costume whooshed away with her. “All clear!”

Siwon wordlessly went into his passageway. “All clear!”

I turned to Kyuhyun. “So what are you going to do if you bump into something?” I teased.

He straightened his suit. He had come in as James Bond. “Why, I would use my super awesome laser gun, also known as my hand,” he said calmly. He walked into his passage as I tried to stifle my giggles. “Clear, Hyoyeon!” He soon called out.

Now I turned to my door. As I opened it, the hinges creaked. I steeled myself to walk in, my boots the only sound I could hear. There was light coming from the door at the end of the passageway, but that was all I could see.

All of the sudden two arms grabbed me. “What the-“ I whirled around and gave a push on a solid thing. “Let go!”

The arms didn’t budge. I struggled within the tight embrace, but it was no use.

I finally stopped thrashing. “Who are you?” I whispered.

Still, only silence responded to me. I put my hand where I had tried to push away my escape. I felt plastic overlaying on cloth. As I slid my hand up, I felt there were rows when it suddenly stopped at cloth again. Rows. Somehow they reminded me of…

“Ribs,” I said with awe. I reached up with my hand to feel a rough texture-skin covered in paint.

“Are you a skeleton?” I asked.

Suddenly, my hand moved without warning, without my permission, up and down. I suddenly realize my hand was on the skeleton’s face, and it was nodding.

My eyes finally adjusted to the darkness and I saw a face with a body looking down at me. I was used to being small, but small and terrified?

“Can you speak?”

The head shook from side to side.

“Can you answer yes and no questions?”

The face smiled and nodded. I could now see the details on the face, thanks to the dim light. However, the paint was very well done-I could barely distinguish who it was. It just looked like a skeleton to me. And skulls are very gory looking.

Of course, this skeleton was still alive, so at least he still had eyes. Which is actually very creepy too. And you know how scary teeth-painted lips are?

In other words, I was trying REALLY hard not to freak out.

“You know, your face is very well done. I’m impressed.” I looked out to the light. “Aren’t they going to be worried about me?”

The skeleton shook his head.

“Why not?”

He only smiled.

All of the sudden, the floor underneath me started moving. I shrieked and would have jumped if the skeleton hadn’t been holding me securely. I looked up to see the wall the skeleton had been leaning against was revolving. You know, like a revolving door? And behind it was a lit room.

Finally the wall had made a 180 degree turn. I blinked, trying to get used to the bright light. “Why are we here?”

It shrugged, letting go of me. I saw now that it was a room with no doors, no way out. Of course it wouldn’t worry about me escaping now.

My mind raced. The voice sounded familiar, one that I hadn’t heard in a long time. I studied its face, its body stature, but my mind was still blank. The bizarre way hair rose above the skull didn’t help. Well, at least I knew “it” was a guy now. “So...what’s the catch?”

The skeleton stepped out of the semi-circle we were standing on, and motioned me to do the same.

I followed him, stepping off the platform. As I turned to him, suddenly the floor started moving. Again. This time, the floor moved up.

I noticed now that the room was like an elevator. Plexiglas doors had silently closed behind me, bridging over the hole that the revolving wall had made.

Suddenly there was a fizzle and I saw a small TV that I hadn’t noticed before. “Ladies and Gentleman,” I saw Leeteuk say. “As you have now have noticed, not all of us have returned safely. Sunny here-“ I saw myself on the screen now, my rocker face pale, “Has been attacked by the curse of the unlucky 13.”

“Unlucky my astronaut,” I muttered.

“And now, she must suffer the consequences of being unlucky, executed by her captor-“ the camera now zoomed onto the skeleton’s face.

I turned to the skeleton. “What is going on? Why are we being taped?”

All of the sudden the elevator came to a jerking halt. The Plexiglas doors opened out into a hallway.

The skeleton motioned me to follow him as he stepped out. I did, looking at the fake candles that lit our way through. They added a nice, old-fashioned touch, even if they were electric.

Finally we ended up in a room with adequate lighting. The skeleton motioned me forward to the table with a covered box, then stepped aside.

I looked at the note that was on the table. “This is my heart,” the note said. “I have sacrificed it for my love for you. Inside there is a special gift.” Oh wow, the platitude of goriness. I resisted rolling my eyes and put on the pair of latex gloves that lay besides the note.

As I stuck my hand into the box, I resisted the urge to squeal, even though I’m not usually a squeamish person. Maybe it’s because all of the raw meat I have felt in my life, it’s usually still alive or washed. Who knows if this was?

Suddenly my hand touched something that was hard, like cardboard. I drew out my hand, revealing a bloodstained box.

“Ew, talk about heart-like,” I muttered. With my gloves still on, I opened the box.

Inside was a necklace, a gold chain with a heart charm strung on between two bone charms. In the middle of the chart was a red jewel.

I gasped. “It’s beautiful!”

Painted hands took the necklace from the fabric-inlayed box. I looked up, and saw the skeleton taking it in his hands. Ahh, that’s why there were bones-it was from him.

I dipped my head as he leaned forward, necklace unclasped. I stared my studded boots, my cheeks slowly warming as both of his hands reach the back of my neck and fastened the clasp. I took off the gloves, making sure my bare hands didn’t touch the outside of them.

I touched the charm, looking down at it. “Thank you.”

The skeleton smiled. Then he motioned me to a door.

As I opened it, I discovered a large ballroom. Okay, how as Kiss Café this huge? Did they renovate or something?

I turned to see the skeleton walk forward. He bowed and offered me his hand as slow music started playing.

I took the hand, smiling. Slow-dancing with a skeleton? Well, tonight was a night for firsts.

So we danced around the room with Whitney Houston crooning from the speakers, “I will always, love you~” I smiled at the irony-after all, the skeleton was technically dead. Yet he still loved me.

If it was love, I contemplated as I tried to study his face a bit more. He stared back at me. I still had no idea who this guy was. But as seconds passed by, I almost felt like it didn’t matter. He had caught my heart with this unique way of appealing to me as a gentleman-even if he was a skeleton for tonight.

I would handle the future as it came. Yup, little Sunny me was taking a chance.

The music ended, and the skeleton reluctantly drew away. He started walking away.

“Wait!” I grabbed his arm. “Where are you going? Are we getting out of here?”

He nodded. He opened a door, to reveal another elevator.

We climbed in, me still clutching his arm. All of the sudden, the TV fizzled there to life. Lovely vampire Leeteuk stood in front of me again.

“So, Sunny, now in order to cure this unlucky 13 curse and escape the dreaded basement, where this skeleton resides, you must bring him back to life.”

I rolled my eyes. “And how I would do that?”

“In order to bring him back to life,” Leeteuk continued, “You must grant his un-dying wish. The wish that has followed him to his grave.” Okay, if he was keeping up with this undead corniness, I would wrench the TV out of its socket. “However, you cannot ask him of his wish. In fact, all the clues of what he wants have already been given to you. You will only be let free from this elevator until you do so. Good luck! You have all night before he returns to the dead.” The TV turned off.

I turned to the skeleton. He was now looking at the walls of the elevator, which were clear this time, looking out to the night skyline. I joined him, resting my hands on the railing.

“Hey.”

He looked my way.

“Listen.” I took a deep breath. “Thank you for what you’ve set up tonight. It…it means a lot to me.”

He nodded.

“You have a wish that only I can offer?”

He nodded again.

My mind raced. He obviously couldn’t ask for a date-he already technically set one up. I the heart necklace. Love was something deep-I don’t think I could ever trust myself to say someone that I loved him without a whole history of trust.

Love. People expressed love through kisses. And kisses were easier.

Without hesitating, I took my arms and wrapped them around the skeleton’s neck. As a surprised look when on his face, I lowered his head to my height, closed my eyes, and kissed his painted lips.

While his lips may have been crusty, inside there was life. He started kissing me back. He tasted like the Pumpkin punch, but with more warmth and spiciness that overwhelmed my senses. Soon, I was pushed up against the railing, his arms around my waist. My head swirled out of control.

Finally he let go of me. “Thank you,” he whispered.

My eyes snapped open, even in my dazed state. “Sungmin?” I whispered back. Suddenly, everything clicked. It was his face, his familiar body, that smile on his face when I laughed at his jokes when we were just trainees, the tight embrace when I felt helpless, disappointed.

“Yes.” His eyes searched my face.

I laughed, my hands ruffling his hair. “Oh my god, of course, you!” And I kissed him again.

He smiled when we let go for the second time. “Did you like it?”

“Like it? I loved it. Thank you so much!”

This time, he was the one who kissed me, making the kiss deeper, more passionate. My heart started beating faster, and I became breathless.

By the time we eventually got out of the elevator, to the cheers of our fellow colleagues, friends, he wasn’t the only one who became alive again.

*

Oh hey guys! –pants- Sorry, my own writing affects me too you know! XD

So I hoped you just liked that Sunny/Sungmin part there. Now I swear, the only thing I thought of this time was the idea from…urgh, what was that TV show called? The one on Nickelodeon, with Emma Roberts?

ANYWAY in that show there’s a part where she’s crushing on this…Indian? dude and they’re signing yearbooks, and she totally freaks out and just signs “You are cool” while he signs “Remember kissing that Darth Vader at Halloween? That was me.” Too bad he went to summer vacation before she could tell him her TRUE feelings, but anyway, so I was like “Kissing someone you don’t know at Halloween? GENIUS! Let’s do that!”

One idea was that Sungmin would wear a mask and Sunny would have to roll it up only up to his mouth to kiss him, like in Spiderman! But that sounded really stupid after a while in my head. I mean, masks are usually stupid from my experience. Then I was rewatching Exo’s Mama MV (Exo-M specifically since Xiu Min is all skeleton like Lady Gaga’s Born This Way) and the lightbulb went DING!

Well lights don’t make that noise when you turn them on, but I seriously think they should make that sound.

Anyway, the 13 somehow came about after I was like “AHHH TOO MANY SM PEOPLE TO CHOSE FOR 10!!” and I kept forgetting to keep people I had already mentioned (like Hyoyeon and Key) so that’s how it became thirteen, and somehow made its way to the kiss scene. I have really no idea how that’s happen either. My mind is a genius. I just type out the words. AZNAWZMAO=SLAVE.

Something like that. Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed reading that since I spent a whole Monday evening writing this after finishing the last chapter, so yeah…

OH WAIT BEFORE I FORGET I'm SO sorry that I haven't uploaded the new, updated, poster yet! I take the link from my facebook after I upload it there, but I'm at school so I can't really go on facebook without some proxy thingy, and after one time using facebook that way and getting my account almost hacked, I'm never going to do that again. I'm going to try to upload it tonight, but since my AP US history test is like in TWO WEEKS -freaksout- my teacher has loaded all these tests on us and I NEED to study. (hehe I forgot about today >.<) I uploaded the poster now! Do you guys like it??? Anyway I should start posting up pictures for the chapters too. I've been neglecting that -facepalm-

See you next chapter!