Transformation Tea

Kiss Cafe

Yoseob yawned and blinked his eyes. Something had disturbed him from his nap. He got up and stretched and his back, and then started walking.

"Yoseobie! I'm home!" A girl's voice came in, and he meowed in response, quickening his pace until her feet came into view.

"There you are!" Two hands scooped him up until he was eye to eye to his owner. She peered at him with her brown, soulful eyes. "How has been your day?" she asked as she cuddled him to her chest.

He meowed and her cheek. Good, but not the same without you.

"Missed me?" she asked with a smile. "It seems llike the only time you my face is when I'm gone for awhile."

He purred. Of course, silly! And every morning. You never hear your alarm clock on time. 

She looked around. "Looks like you already ate," she said as she scanned the kitchen. "But do you wanna go on an adventure with me? I found a place that allows cats."

Yoseob sat up, his ears perking up. Allows cats?

She chuckled, scratching his neck, a place that did get itchy after a while. "I thought you would be interested. Just let me check my voicemail, and then we can go."

She put him down and walked over to her studio-a place full of wires and microphones, as well as a keyboard and a computer. Yoseob's owner's guitar stood in a corner. He followed her, carefully stepping over the wires. 

She pressed a flashing button and sat down in her office chair. Yoseob leaped up to sit in her lap and sat down. She automatically started him.

"Hey Ji-eun subaneim!" Yoseob sat up, focusing on the male voice. "Do you remember me? It's Sanghyun oppa! I just called because I wanted to tell you I'm in J. Tune Entertainment now! I feel like I'm in a dream, since Rain is the head and you know how much I admire him. Apparently he's debuting a group soon, but since I just joined, I don't think I'll be part of it. It's that whole waiting as a trainee thing all over again, you know? But it's not the same, since I don't get to sing with you anymore. Anyway, the main reason why I called was if we could have dinner someday. I know you're busy, so just call me back when you have the time. Bye!"

His owner sighed and Yoseob turned to look at her. "I miss Sanghyun," she said, his fur. "But Loen is trying to debut me soon..." she shook her head and pressed the next message button. 

"IU tomorrow you have a performance at MNET for SHINee. Please make sure you have their song down accoustically. As you know..."

Yoseob yawned and stopped paying attention as he looked out of the window. His owner noticed his lack of interest and smiled.

"Okay, Yoseob, let's go." She pressed the pause button. "I can listen to this later."

He meowed and jumped off her lap as she stood up and raced towards the door. He waited for her to put on her shoes and then slipped out of the door as she opened it. 

"Yoseob, come on." He let her pick him up in her arms.

Riding in someone's arms as they're walking is a very confining feeling, but Yoseob was content. He could feel warmth from his owner's hands as she walked through various streets. He looked around, studying the people and places they passed.

FInally they approached a building. His owner pushed open the door and warmth and light embraced them.

"Hello, welcome to Kiss Cafe," a waitress greeted them. "A table for two?"

"Yes please." 

The waitress brought them over to a table, where Yoseob was let go of. After landing on the floor, he jumped up to the nearest chair. As he looked around, he saw there were different objects hanging from where he sat. He swiped at one, interested, and it made a rattling sound.

His owner chuckled. "I thought you would be pleased." 

"What would you like to order?"

"The house special tea please."

"That'll be the transformation tea, okay?"

"Yeah, that'll be great."

Yoseob watched the waitress go, and then his owner sighed. "Yoseob, these days have been really lonely, don't you agree?"

Yoseob mewed. They are?

"Maybe I'm just under too much pressure." She rested her head on her hand. "But sometimes I feel like I'm really alone. That there's no one to talk to, no one for me to lean on." She sighed again. "Maybe I'm asking for too much. Having a celebrity life means a lot of people are watching my every move, especially boyfriend stuff."

He mewed with sympathy. I know. I'm the same as you-or was the same. I'll always be there for you.

She smiled and ruffled his head. "At least I'll always have you."

The waitress came over with the cups. "One for you and one for you," she said as she placed them. 

Yoseob dipped his head over and tasted the tea. The drink was mostly milk, yet something made his tongue tingle, and a memory came to him.

You will turn back to normal when someone needs you and you drink the right concotion. When the sun shines on you, a new shadow will be cast.

He drank the whole cup and looked up when he was done.

She looked at him. "Good, huh? Well let's get going Yoseob. Dinner is almost ready."

He nodded. Only one more day.

~

"Yoseobie?" IU opened the door. "I'm home!"

The apartment was silent.

"Yoseob?" She closed the door behind her. "Where are you?"

"Oof!" A man rolled out of the cabinet under her sink.

She screamed. "What are you doing here??"

"I'm Yoseob." He rubbed his head. "Sorry, I was trying to fix your sink."

She backed up. "No, it c-can't be. Yoseob is my cat."

"And I was your cat yesterday," he said smoothly. "Don't you see the similarities?"

So IU looked. She realized that his blonde hair was the same color as Yoseob's fur. The face shape was scarily the same, even the lazy smile he had on right now. She could recognize that smile anywhere.

"Then why are you suddenly a person?" She whispered, leaning on the door behind her. 

Yoseob sighed. "I needed...a lesson. I was turned into a cat to learn how to be loyal and unselfish. I assure you, I haven't forgotten my ordeal although I have turned back."

"Well then..." IU smiled. "I guess you need a place to stay?"

"Actually, I have my own place in Seoul. Which reminds me...I should get back. Soon. I need to see if my roommates are doing okay."

"Okay. Well...you're always welcome here."

Yoseob smiled. "I know. And I'll make sure I visit often."

~

Yoseob opened the door. "Hello?"

"MRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW!!!!" Four cats raced for him.

His eyes widened. "Hyunseung?" The fluffy cat spun around. "Doojun?" The cat with a pointy snout sat straight up. "Junghyun?" The cat with a spiky crest pawed at his feet. "Dongwoon?" A cat with a large eyes purred.

"Where's Kikwang?"

"WOOF!" A shih tzu came over and tackled him.

Yoseob groaned. "Seriously you guys?"

*

Hi guys! So I was inspired to write this after I saw a fanfic about this girl who changes into a cat whenever she gets in contact with a lot of water (how is she going to shower???) and she was dealing with TXVQ, when I remembered all the idols who had "transformed" into cats. Since I already did Onew and Joon seems better to be a dog in my opinion, here's Yoseob! (Seriously though, after I started writing this, I saw two more fanfics about animal transformation. I wonder if it's a fad or something.)

And for clarification, the italics are like what Yoseob wants to say or his memories. So where IU doesn't seem to answer him, it's cuz humans usually don't understand pets.

Or maybe it's just me.

So I was just researching about cats in Korea, and apparently they like eating cats better than having them as pets, BUT I also found a link to a cafe where a bunch of cats live, so you can play around with them and even adopt them. IS THAT COOL OR WHAT???? 

Anyway, so this is my attempt at comedy. Don't worry, BEAST won't be...er...well I guess they are kinda the pet idols. But they'll turn back...hopefully? XD 

I don't know why Kikwang is a shih tzu. Hmm...