Luck!

Stay with me this Christmas. . .

You used to be just another random girl who happened to have really good skills in singing. Singing was your hobby, your passion but you didn’t intend to make a career of that.

Having a pretty face and kind personality, many people were thinking that you’re happy and you had everything, when in fact they were completely wrong: you were alone! Your parents died when you were 18 and now you were left alone in this cruel world. Luckily, you weren’t a minor anymore so you didn’t have to disturb your auntie by living at her, or worse, living in an orphanage. Of course you were having a lot of friends, but nothing compared to a family. So your Christmas days were always the same : lonely and cold.

But everything started to change in a summer day. You and your friend decided to go in a park.

“_____!” , she said taking her i-pod from the bag. “I’m bored, let’s have some fun!”

You grinned, knowing what she meant. You both started listening to music on her i-pod and of course, singing. Fortunately there wasn’t no one around to listen (or so you thought), reason for why you felt comfortable.

You didn’t even have an idea that an important someone could hear you singing.

“Miss…?” , someone asked, taking the sun away from your face. Feeling scared, you didn’t reply and kept looking at him. He wasn’t a drunkard or someone poor, judging by his clothes.

“I’m Jung Dong Woo, a music producer who works for many famous bands in Korea. I accidentally heard your voice and I want to make you an offer. Are you interested in being a trainee?” , he asked with a serious look on his face.

You kept blinking, then looked at your friend who was also looking at you, smiling and signaling you to accept the offer.

“I’m sorry, mister. But…I don’t know you, I can’t trust you. And the main reason is that I don’t want to start having a musical career, I sing because I like it, not because I want to earn money. And…how can you be someone so important if you’re walking in this little park?” , you asked smiling slightly.

“I’m also a person, this park is a nice one, I like to relax over here. But please, miss! Your voice is very rare, we need something like that! Think that there are thousands of people who’d want to have a voice like yours!”, he replied.

“Yes, there are!” , your friend added. “_____, go, please!! Think that you’ll sing more often that now, wouldn’t you be happy?”

You looked at her, then at that mysterious man, and said:

“I still don’t trust you…what if you’re lying?”

“Ah...excuse me!” , he said taking off his cell-hone from his pocket. He then started showing you pictures with him and many idols, like Kara members, Big Bang, SHINee, JYJ/DBSK members and many others.

“What if they are photoshopped…?” , you asked still not sure if he’s saying the truth. At your reply, he rolled his eyes and started looking in his address book, calling a random number and the speaker of the phone, while you looked at your friend raising a brow.

“Hello, Jaejoong? Look, here’s a person with a heavenly voice but she refuses to believe that I’m a producer. She thinks I’m some kind of or who knows…help me make her trust me!” , he said while you gasped.

“Dong Woo hyung! How can she not believe you? Make her trust you, you’ve been searching for a person with a great voice for such a long time, wouldn’t that be a pity?” , you heard Jejoong. It was indeed his voice. You and your friend were both shocked. The man closed his tell phone: “Do you trust me now?”

“Y…es” , you replied still shocked.

“Deal?”

“Yes…but mister, please remember that I don’t want a career in music and I also want to continue my studies…”

He laughed : “Of course, miss, of course! So what’s your name?”

“ ______, nice to meet you!” , you replied bowing.

 

 ~~

 

This is where all started. Since that summer, you trained and trained your voice, but you felt like it couldn’t get better.

“Mister Jung…” , you said to him in one autumn day, when you were in the studio.

“What, _____? “

“I feel like my voice hasn’t improved since last summer…don’t you think so?”

“Honestly I also think the same way. I think we need to get you a vocal trainer.”

“A vocal trainer?” , you asked curious.

“Yes. I think the right option would be Jaejoong, he’s not that busy right now. Plus, your voice and his voice sound a bit, and I’m talking about the fact that you can both send shivers on people’s spine.”

“But, mister Jung, I don’t he’d accept…” , you said blinking. You couldn’t believe it, Jaejoong to be your vocal trainer? ‘Tch, that’d never happen’ , you thought.

Before you could get your answer, the man was already talking to Jaejoong.

“Jaejoong, do you remember that girl with a beautiful voice who didn’t believe me?  Anyway, I need a vocal trainer and I was thinking if…”

“No.” ,Jaejoong said cutting him off.

“Jaejoong, please! Can’t you at once make a good thing? Stop being so selfish…”

“I’m sorry, hyung, but I’m very busy. If she needs a vocal trainer, why did you choose her in the first place?” ,Jaejoong ask at the other line of the phone.

“Don’t be like that, you also needed one at first!”

“Tch,I’ll think about it!”

“Thanks, you’re a hero indeed. Meet us tomorrow at 12 PM”