Chapter 5

Say Goodbye

 

 

Key woke up at 6am. He couldn’t slumber anymore with the anxiety filling his heart so he decided to clean the house leaving it ready for Jong’s return.

 

“I’ll never lose hope on the person I’ve chosen to love. If you’re the reason why my heart aches, who cares? You’re still the reason why my heart beats anyways…” Key found himself mumbling to a picture of Jonghyun.

 

At 8am, his phone rang warning Kibum he had a message from his husband.

He blinked a couple of times confused. It was a weird text; I mean, not that strange, just not that usual from the new cold blooded Jong.

 

‘I miss you so much that it comes to a point that I’m dying because I can’t see you, feel you, speak to you or touch you. But I’m happy, cause the more I’m hurt missing you, the longer I fight to live because of you.’

 

Key’s heart started thumping hard on his chest.

Sweet words…for how long he hadn’t seen such caring words…

 

The brown haired boy held his phone with tremble hands without knowing what to reply; but even if he did, the teacher's scold reached his ears making him hide the cell phone right away.

 

The text had shaken so much Kibum’s mind that he decided to go to SM’s building as soon as he could, instead of waiting at home.

And so it was. At 1pm, he was finally dismissed from his classes. Next thing he knew he was in front of SM’s building. He had driven so fast he was surprised how the cops hadn’t fined him.  

 

“Annyeonghaseyo Kibum-ssi!” The receptionist greeted him with a cute smile.

 

“Annyeong Min-ah-ssi. Have you seen Jonghyun? I think he arrived this morning.”

 

“Mianhae, but I wasn’t here this morning.”

 

“Oh…Can I go look for him then?”

 

“Yeah, of course. Good luck!”

 

“Thank you.” Kibum made his way through a long hallway full of doors in each side of it. Passing through one of the rooms, his eyes caught a glimpse of someone. “Onew-ssi?” He peeked on the door.

 

The tall guy turned to face to the person calling him. “Oh, Kibum-ssi, can I help you?”

 

“Do you know where I can find Jonghyun?”

 

“Jonghyun? I haven’t seen him in weeks. I thought he was in some kind of vacations with you.” Onew frowned confused.

 

“W-what? What are you talking about? Weren’t you two in an intensive training?”

 

“What training? No!” He shook his head. “Maybe it’s better if you speak with the PD, don’t you think?”

 

Key nodded his head still in shock and walked out of the room, fumbling throughout the wall as his legs got weaker.

 

“Kibum-ssi! Gwenchana yo?” He felt a pair of arms supporting his body. His vision was hazy and the voice sounded so far away that he couldn’t figure out who was the person. “Kibum-sii! Can you hear me?” The person shook him. “It’s Na Rim-ah. Someone bring him water, please!”

 

“Na Rim-ssi…Where’s Jonghyun?” Key’s voice came out feeble…almost inaudible.

 

The woman sighed and asked two men to help him sitting in one of the room’s couch.

When Key completely regained his senses again, Na Rim held his hand softly and placed a piece of paper on it.

 

“Jonghyun gave me this…it’s for you. I’m so sorry.”

 

“Sorry? For what? He frowned?”

 

No answer.

 

He unfolded the little paper, quickly recognizing Jong’s handwriting.

 

“I’ll reach for your hand in the cold winter. I’ll reach for your hand in the heat of summer. But if my short life can’t reach the dawn of spring, I promise, in heaven, I’ll reach you with my wings.

Please check your mail box my love.

 

Kim Jonghyun”

 

Kibum looked blank…empty…almost apathetic. What the hell was going on!? Had Jonghyun left him for good?

 

----------//----------

 

Key parked his car. His whole body was trembling and his breathing became heavier.

As soon as he got out the car, his legs seemed failing to move. Reaching his mail box, Key opened it hesitantly. There were some letters, but one of them caught his attention because of its red envelope.

 

The brown haired boy took a deep breath and before he knew, he had ripped the envelope, unveiling another card with Jonghyun’s handwriting.

 

Tears streamed down his cheeks and sobs forced their way out of Kibum’s throat as his legs didn’t succeed on supporting his weight, making him fall on his knees.

 

“Congratulations my love! You successfully spent a whole day without communication between us.  Now, do you think you can do it everyday?

I’ll always love you.

 

Your  Angel,

Kim Jonghyun”

 

   

End of the Main Flashback

 

Key pulled over to the side of the road resting his head against the wheel. He was too weak to turn off the radio as soon as he started hearing those painful words.

 

‘Today is the 4th anniversary of the death of a singer we all cherished, Kim Jonghyun. Unfortunately, he passed away with cancer, so to honor him we’re gonna play one of his most famous songs: Four Seasons.

 

I've been waiting

 

The warm springtime comes

Smiling as bright as the sun

I think of you

You wake me up from my cozy sleep because the weather outside is good, saying we should go out

 

Even during those long hot summer days, you stuck by my side

When beads of sweat formed on my forehead

I remember how you wiped it all off for me

I'll wait for you

 

Again I remember that one autumn we strolled on that path while holding hands

I remember dividing that one gold fallen leaf

I remember

 

I go through all four seasons

Yet you're still inside me

Every year when the cold winter wind blows, I think of you

Each day I still hope you'll return to me

It's frustrating, it's suffocating

 

The winter's white snow has fallen

Inside the sweater, you had shyly given to me as a gift

Your scent still lingers

So baby I'll wait

 

I'll wait for you (Until the end)

I'll remember your image hid away in all four seasons

If I close my eyes, it's like you're suddenly by my side

I'll wait for you (Without changing, I'll wait)

I'll remember your image hid away in all four seasons

If I close my eyes, it's like you're suddenly by my side

Oh I love you

 

I turn onto the road you left on

You're on your way back to me right now

Like the late first snow of winter

And the delayed summer rains

So baby I'll wait

 

I'll wait for you

Wait for you

Wait for you

Wait for you

While turning each page of the calendar over

I wait for you as the days pass

 

I'll wait for you (I wait like this)

I'll remember your image hidden in all four seasons

Keeps me nourished like fresh air

I'll wait for you

I'll wait for you

My heart that waits for all four seasons to come

Like blue plants, always in this spot

 

The two of us here as if I had just met you yesterday

Like the promise I kept

Someday I'll be able to encounter you

We'll be able to be together

Like white snow that always melts, I'll warm your heart towards me so it melts

You just have to stay by my side when we dream

We together, you and I forever

 

This is my love story

A true sad story’

 

“It’s really hard to live on this world without you…that’s why I still blame myself for breathing…” The whisper lingered on his lips. “Happy birthday my dear Jonghyun…We’ll be together soon. I love you, my angel.”

 

The End

 

 

 

(A/N – Last chapter guys ^^  This was my first angst fic ever and to be honest, I’m not really crazy about it because some of the inspiration I had in the beginning magically faded away. The end was supposed to be a lil’ more dramatic. Nonetheless, THANKS to all my subscribers and I hope you liked it :)

 

P.S – Sorry for any typo but it’s late >_<

Caroline)