Chapter 3

Say Goodbye

 

Adult life

(A/N: Jong – 22 years old/ Key – 21 years old)

 

4 years passed. They were now Mr. and Mr. Kim.

Jong was so sure about his love for Key that he had proposed to him on their 3rd anniversary. 6 months later they were getting married.

 

Key entered to college and Jong was a rookie at SM. The rising fame of Jonghyun didn’t give him a lot of time to be with Key. When the blonde arrived home the younger was already sleeping, and when Key left to college, Jong was still asleep.

 

Of course neither of them was willing to give up on their marriage just because of that situation; the bond between them was too strong.

 

Nonetheless, Key feared that Jong could fall in love with someone else. To help his concern, Jong had gotten really close to another rookie named Onew. Key had already seen him: He was handsome, with a stunning smile and a voice of an angel.

Only a blind person wouldn’t notice him and he could spend much more time with the blonde than his own husband.

But the brown haired guy would never admit it to Jong. He had too much in mind and was always too tired to add any other problem to his life.

 

Barely did he know that everything was about to change…

 

 

Weeks passed on and Jonghyun started spending less time at home.

 

“You have food in the fridge. Please eat it so you can stay healthy. Saranghae <3 “Key texted him.

 

“I’m staying at Onew’s place, he invited me over to dinner. And stop nagging so much. I know how to take care of myself…”

Key sighed. It had been like that almost everyday. Jonghyun had changed and he was pretty sure he loved Onew although Jong wouldn’t say it.

 

 

“I’m sorry. See you tomorrow then.”

 

“Yeah, I have to go there to pack some clothes. I’ll be out for a couple of weeks.”

 

“Why?”

 

“I’ve been sent to an intensive training with Onew.”

 

 Tears were streaming down Key’s cheeks. That was it; Jonghyun was going to abandon him…

 

On the next day, Key skipped college to help him packing and to say goodbye. Jonghyun was thin, with huge eyebags. He looked sick and not the kind and cheerful person he used to be.

 

“What are you doing here?” Jonghyun didn’t expect Key to be home.

 

“I wanted to say goodbye and I already packed enough garments for three weeks.” He lowered his head, controlling his tears.

 

“Thanks. I think it will be enough. I’ll just add some stuff and then leave.” The brown haired boy eyes’s widened; Jonghyun wasn’t wearing neither his ring, neither his necklace.

 

Key couldn’t hold it anymore as sobs forced their way out of his throat.

 

“Why are you crying?” The blonde turned his back on him pretending to scrutinize the several garments that Key had picked.  

 

“Y-youre leaving me aren’t you? W-was I such a b-bad husband?” The younger stepped closer to him.

 

“Don’t be stupid.”

 

“B-but the necklace and--”

 

“I had dance practice. I took them off so they wouldn’t hurt me.” Jonghyun spoon on his heels facing Key.

 

“P-promise me…” The younger curled his hands into fists.

 

“What?” Jong raised an eyebrow.

 

“You won’t leave me…and even if you do it, that you won’t forget me…”

 

“I promise you.”  The blonde walked towards him and wrapped his arms around the other’s waist kissing his soft lips.

 

Key’s legs got weaker with Jong’s touch. His whole body was yearning for it…he had missed those lips so much…

 

“Bye Bye Bummie.” He whispered in his ear.

 

“B-bye.” He wiped his tears.

 

And with that, Jonghyun left…

 

 

(A/N: Never forget that the chapters are inside the "Main Flashback" until I write "End of the Main Flashback")