Chapter 2

Say Goodbye

 

High School

(A/N: Jong is blonde now. Jong – 17 years old/ Key – 16 years old)

 

It’s amazing how time flies. Since that day, Jong and Kibum never left each other’s side. They were known as JongKi because of that. (A/N: Because his name is Kibum and not Key)

 

“Are you nervous?”

Jong rubbed his hands together trying to warm them. “A little…” He looked at Kibum. “A lot…”

“How can I help?” Kibum smiled holding his hands and blowing hot air into them. 
“Massage? Lunch?”

 

“Well…You can hear me singing and tell me what you think.” He shrugged innocently.

 

“Easy job! You know I love to do it!” The younger chuckled.

 

They sat on the bed. The blonde took a deep breath and stared into Kibum’s eyes while releasing his amazing voice. The younger blushed with such an intense gaze but didn’t look away.


‘I've been waiting

 

The warm springtime comes

Smiling as bright as the sun

I think of you’

 

Jonghyun reached out his hand to Kibum unconsciously. He only realized it feeling the warm touch of the other’s hand holding his.

The brown haired boy looked at their laced fingers and then back into Jong’s eyes making the blonde blush as well.

 

‘You wake me up

 from my cozy sleep because the

weather outside is good,

saying we should go out ‘

 

As he listened to Jong’s voice, memories started crossing Kibum’s mind.

 

Flashback

 

“Jonghyuuuun!” Kibum whined. “Wake up, you promised!”

 

“W-what?” He yawned.

 

The younger moved the curtain aside letting the sun hit directly on Jong’s face.

 

“Aaah, Bummie, close the curtains!” The blonde hid his face under the blankets.

 

“Why? My vampire promised he’d take me out…Today is the perfect day!” Kibum pouted slumping on top of Jonghyun.

 

“Fine~” A muffled voice came from under the covers. “But you have to get out. You’re smashing me.” He laughed.

 

“I am not! I’m light!” Kibum rolled out of him. “Now hurry!”

 

“Yes, sir!” The blonde ruffled the younger’s hair.

 

End Of Flashback

 

 

‘Even during those long hot

 summer days, you stuck by my side

When beads of sweat formed on my forehead

I remember how you wiped it all off for me

I'll wait for you’

 

Flashback

 

“I can’t take it anymore, it’s so damn hot!” Jonghyun fell flat on the grass.


“Jong, c’mon, let me help you.” Kibum worriedly knelt by his side handing him a bottle of fresh water.

 

“Ani, Bummie. I want to earn the money without help okay?” He sat up, poking his nose.

 

“Fine~ But take a break once in a while!”

 

Jonghyun nodded and started mowing the neighbor’s lawn again.

 

“Jong, wait!” Kibum turned around.

 

“What’s wrong?” The younger grabbed a wet towel and gently wiped off the sweat droplets on Jong’s face and neck. “T-thank you.”

 

“You’re welcome.” Kibum eye-smiled.

 

End Of Flashback

 

 

‘The winter's white snow has fallen

Inside the sweater, you had shyly given to me as a gift

Your scent still lingers

So baby I'll wait’

 

Flashback

 

“Here.” Kibum held a box on his hands.

 

“What’s this?” Jong tilted his head.

 

“Open it.”

 

The blonde smiled and unwrapped the box quickly pulling out a beautiful sweater. Kibum looked down playing with his feet. “I hope you like it. I made it myself.”

 

Next thing he knew, Jonghyun was dressing the shirt and hugging him tight. “It’s perfect.” He whispered.  “Oh!” Jonghyun pulled away surprised.

 

“What’s wrong?” The younger looked at him inquisitively.

 

“It’s snowing.” He smiled faintly looking at the sky and then at Kibum.

 

“It is~…” Jonghyun wrapped his arms around the other’s body and they stood there…watching the snowflakes touch the ground with a softness as never seen before.

 

End Of Flashback

 

Kibum clapped excitedly and pinned Jonghyun on the bed with a hug. “You’re gonna win those auditions!”

 

Jonghyun laughed wrapping arms around the younger’s waist. “Thanks..for everything.” He whispered in his ear.

 

Kibum blushed with such closeness and a shiver ran throughout his spine. But they were best-friends, that was normal…right?

 

“W-well, go get ready. You don’t wanna be late.” Kibum fumbled to get off Jong but the blonde pulled him again.

 

“Just a little bit more…To take my nerves away.” Jong squeezed his waist.

 

Kibum nodded resting his head on the other’s shoulders.

 

----- At SM Auditions -----

 

Kibum bit his nails. Jonghyun’s turn had finally arrived. They entered a big room where three judges were waiting for them.

 

“So ~Kim Jonghyun.” The only female judge seemed very pleased with Jong’s appearance showing him a bright smile. Kibum shifted on the chair raising an eyebrow. “What are you showing us today?”

 

“I’m going to sing an original song written by me.”

 

“Really? Let’s hear it then!”

 

“Bummie, this is for you.” The blonde looked at him with his perfect, gentle smile.

 

Kibum blinked surprised, feeling the heat crawling up his cheeks.

 

‘I love you like I love a day

when everything goes right

I love you like I love to lay

and watch the stars at night

I love you like I love the rain

its lustful calm embrace

I love you like I love to laugh

until it hurts my face

I love you like I love to drive

with no real destination

I love you like I love the thrill

of pure infatuation

But most of all I love you like

I love a cherished friend

Who holds me tight, dries my tears

and loves me to the end’

Kibum was gaping at Jonghyun intensively. Barely had he known that despite using the word “friend”, the blonde wanted to add “boy” to it.  (A/N: Boyfriend)

 

---/---

 

“Congrats, I knew you could do it!” Kibum hugged a super happy Jonghyun when they arrived home.

 

“All thanks to you.”

 

“M-me? I didn’t do anything.”

 

Jong pulled away from the hug and looked at him dimly. “From now on I’m gonna call you Key.”

 

“Key?” Kibum raised his eyebrows confused.

 

“You were the key to all the success in my life. You helped me at school, you helped me when I fought with my mom, you helped me at my part-time job, and you made me go to the auditions that I was too scared to go...”

 

“That’s what best-friends are for!” Kibum’s cheeks were crimson red.

 

“What if you’re not just my best-friend?”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“What if I…” And with that, Jong cupped his face and kissed Kibum’s plump lips. The kiss started slow and shy but soon became more passionate as their lips completed each other's perfectly.

 

A panting Kibum held on tight to the blonde’s biceps as he caressed his cheeks with his thumbs.

 

“Kim Kibum, my Key, will you be my boyfriend?”

 

Key was speechless but with a simple nod of his head he was then: Jong’s boyfriend.

 

“Wear this please…as a symbol of our love.” Jonghyun smiled placing a necklace with a Key on the other’s neck.

 

Key couldn’t help but to get teary, gently holding the little object on his hands.  “And you?”

 

Jong pulled off a hidden necklace from under his shirt’s collar. His necklace had a little locket where Kibum’s key would perfectly fit. “The necklace is like a ring so never take it off.”

 

Key ducked his head and wrapped his arms around the blonde’s neck. His feelings were real…They couldn’t be simple best-friends, there was too much more attracting them.

 

That was the first time they spent the night together, as boyfriends.

They found themselves lost on each other’s body with pleasuring touches, sounds, kisses and s.

 

JongKi best-friends were then JongKey couple. 

 

 

 

(A/N: Never forget that the chapters are inside the "Main Flashback" until I write "End of the Main Flashback")