Meet the Jungs

Protection

       Yunho leaned back in his office chair rubbing his temples with the tips of his fingers. He had been sitting at his desk for the past four hours doing nothing but looking through the papers for his most recent case. Something about a woman who was sleeping with men just to kill them off after she was done, just a couple weeks before her entire trail had been erased, and of course, not long after the case was dumped on Yunho.

       There was a knock at his office door and Yunho turned around to see Changmin in the doorway carrying their three year old daughter in his arms. She wiped her eyes and Yunho couldn’t help but smile through his own exhaustion. He put his arms out and Changmin walked closer to him, holding out their little girl but instead Yunho wrapped his arm around Changmin’s waist and pulled him to sit in his lap. He leaned up to kiss the younger man on the lips, soft and slow. When they separated Changmin opened his mouth but Yunho cut him off.

       “I’ll be there in a minute I promise.”

       “No,” Changmin said getting up, “you’re coming now.” He tugged on Yunho’s arm and the older man followed without a struggle. When Yunho was standing he grabbed the little girl and began tickling her fiercely while making his way down the hall to her room. Changmin followed behind turning off the light to Yunho’s office.

       When they made it to her room Yunho set the three year old on her bed still in the midst of a giggling fit. He pulled the covers up to her chest and kissed her forehead.

       “Appa is going sleep?” She said.

       “Ne, Min-ah, Appa’s tired, tonight.”

       “Appa, always tired. Umma said cause appa’s a super hero.” Yunho turned around to get a glance at Changmin who was standing in the doorway. Min yawned and Yunho turned back to look at her.

       “Go to sleep, Nuna is coming over tomorrow while umma and appa go to work.”

       “I  wanna go work with appa.” She said drearily, and it made both her parents stop.

       “How about you go with me?” Changmin asked.

       “No, I wanna go with appa.”

       “I’ll make a deal with you.” Changmin said walking over to the side of her bed. “You come to work with me, and we can stop by appa’s work and have lunch together?”

       “Fine.” She replied, before drifting to sleep. Changmin gave her a peck on the cheek before leaving her room followed by Yunho. When they made it back Yunho plopped down on the bed and pulled Changmin with him.

       “Are you sure that you’ll have time to stop buy?”

       “Of course, I have an assistant coming in tomorrow. I’m sure he can help with the dismissal and because there’s about an hour between those two classes plus my lunch break, we’ll have plenty of time.” Changmin rolled over to face Yunho and pushed the older man to get up. “You’re not sleeping in those clothes; it’ll just be more of a mess for you to iron out.”  Yunho got up with a grunt and walked to the dressers.

       “Well if that’s the case then why don’t you stop by more often?”

       “Yunho.”

       “Changmin.”

       “You know how I feel about the agency.”

      “Come on Changminnie, everyone misses you. They always ask when you’re going to start stopping by with Miny.”

      “Well we’ll be coming tomorrow wont we?”

      “Changmin~”

      “Yunho.” Yunho climbed back into bed, now dressed in sweats and a tank top.

      “Why do you so strongly oppose being there?”

     “You can’t tell me you don’t remember how much those people harassed us after they found out we were married.”

     “Changmin, most of those people have either been fired or killed.”

      “Your dad hasn’t even tried to make contact with his own granddaughter, last time I walked in there he threatened to fire you if I didn’t leave.”

     “I’ve been talking to him, telling him about you guys and he still completely like the idea of us but he really wants to meet Min and be more involved with her.”

     “I’m not sure I want him to be involved Yunho. The man is too twisted.”

       “Come on Changmin give him another chance.”

       “We’re done with this for now. Goodnight Yunho.” Yunho wanted to press the subject but gave up, he knew if he pushed Changmin too far he might end up sleeping in Min’s room. So instead he decided to spoon the younger and watch as fell asleep.

       “Goodnight.” 

      “OH MY GOD LOOK AT YOU!” Changmin was suddenly engulfed in bear hug that nearly sent him and his attacked crashing to the ground. Min watched in horror as the same person rounded on her and picked her up nearly flinging her in the air. She almost started crying, but Changmin managed to snatch her away from Jaejoong.

     “Really Jae?”

       “What? You never bring her here for me to see, this is such a pleasant surprise!”

       “Where’s Yunho?”

      “huh, I knew you didn’t stop buy just to see us.” Jaejoong said with a pout. “His office is where it’s always been.” Changmin set Min on the ground and knelt to look her in the eyes.

      “I need you to stay here with this pouty little baby and take care of him while I go get appa okay? Kids still aren’t allowed right?”

      “Not since the stairwell incident with Yunho 15 years ago” Jaejoong said picking Min up and plopping her on the reception desk before taking a seat in front of her. Changmin walked out of the wide lobby into a narrow hallway. To his left the corridor seemed endless; these were the offices of people who worked on minor cases, robberies, and low level identity thefts. On the right though, the hall ended abruptly with a glass elevator that matched the rest of the facility.  Changmin walked to the elevator not even thinking about walking up fifteen flights of stairs. When he walked into Yunho’s office he was shocked to see his father-in-law there.

     “Changminnie,” Yunho said reeling around in his chair. Changmin walked over to Yunho’s side and his husband stood up from his chair.

     “So where’s my granddaughter?” Mr. Jung asked, seeming to not notice the arm that was placed around Changmin’s waist.

     “She’s downstairs with Jaejoong.” Changmin made an effort to scoot he and Yunho towards the door but Yunho wouldn’t budge. But then all his efforts stopped.

    “Let’s go.” Yunho began walking to but stopped when Changmin wouldn’t move.

    “Come on Min, I invited dad to lunch with us. There’s a new case that we have to discuss with you.”