Peace

Foolish

“Aigoo, what time is it?” Daphne yawned, taking out her cell phone from her backpack.

Although it was against Daphne’s will, Yoseob and Daphne had stayed up the entire night talking in the practice room. Because there were no windows in the room, they both lost track of time, not realizing that time had passed so quickly.

Her eyes widened in shock. “Oh, ! It’s four in the morning and I still haven’t done much for my homework. , , !”

“Oh, man, I bet the guys are real pissed at me...” Yoseob mumbled, scratching his head fervently like a dog. “You talk too much, noona.”

“Yah!” Daphne shot back, only to be met by Yoseob’s childish smile which made her smile as well. “You’re the one who kept asking me questions.”

“Aish so touchy, noona,” he chuckled once more. Seeing Daphne explode every time he made him feel so amused. Yoseob stood up in one swift motion and held out his hands to Daphne. “Come on, let’s go.”

She grabbed his hands, allowing herself to be pulled up by Yoseob. He pulled her a bit too hard, so when Daphne was able to stand up, their bodies were only a few centimeters away from each other. Blushing from the sudden closeness, Daphne quickly gained her composure and gathered her things.

“Nice talking to you, Yoseob,” she said, keeping her head low as she bent down, shoving her textbooks in her backpack hastily, still embarrassed from the unexpected intimacy. “Goodbye.”

“What do you mean goodbye? I’m getting a taxi for us.”

“What? No, it’s okay! I don’t have that much money on me and my apartment is pretty close by. No need, really.”

“Don’t be silly,” Yoseob urged, crouching down to help Daphne with her books. “I’m not going to let you walk alone at four in the morning. That would be dangerous.”

“It’s okay. Seriously, Yoseob.”

“Noona, I’m not taking no for an answer.”

Daphne gave him a disgruntled look, filling her cheeks with air, making her look like a blowfish. “Fine.”

“Yay!” Yoseob stood up and clapped his hands excitedly, looking like a child who won a prize at a carnival. He picked up Daphne’s backpack and skipped out of the room. “More time to annoy--I mean, be with noona!”

Daphne scowled and stood up, reluctantly following Yoseob out of the dance room and into the elevator. “Yah, do you think it’s funny when I get agitated? And give me my bag!”

“Aish, this is really heavy,” he ignored her request entirely, frowning at the heaviness of the backpack. “You carried this all the way to the building?”

“Like I said, I don’t live very far,” Daphne retorted, sighing, her eyes drooping from fatigue. “Why do you ask so many questions?”

“Because I’m a cat! And cats are curious,” Yoseob smiled cutely, bringing his fists up to his face as if they were paws. He began meowing, rubbing his head against Daphne as he did so.

“Yah!” she laughed, swatting his head away, feeling embarrassed for him. “How old are you again? Seven?”

“Twenty-one!” he said cheerfully but then pouted. “You don’t like my aegyo? I’m cute! Most of the fans love it.”

Daphne stared him with a blank expression, but she soon chuckled afterwards, shaking her head. Yoseob was definitely a character. The elevator soon reached the bottom floor and they went out into the open air together. The taxi, fortunately, was already there.

Yoseob opened the door for Daphne, motioning her to get in. “Quickly, noona. I’m tired.”

“Your questions are the reason why we stayed up so late in the first place,” Daphne replied, still slightly agitated as she got in the taxi, feeling the seats shift as Yoseob came in after her.

“You asked questions too!” Yoseob defended himself, placing Daphne’s backpack between them.  

Daphne ignored Yoseob and told the driver her address. She sat back down in her seat and closed her eyes, hoping for some tranquility. However, she was greatly mistaken if she thought Yoseob was going to be quiet the entire car ride.

“Hey, I know where you live!”

“Creepy.”

“You said it was close to Cube’s building!” Yoseob acknowledged, narrowing his eyes. “Noona, you liar.”

“It is close! It’s only about eight to ten blocks.”

“That’s a lot! And you lugged this thing around too?” he prodded Daphne’s massive backpack, bewildered. “You don’t have a car?”

“No, Yoseob-ah,” Daphne answered robotically, tired of his constant questioning.

“Let me give you rides! You can’t walk back and forth everyday!”

“It’s fine! I’m a grown woman. I can handle it.”

“Noona...”

“It’s okay, Yoseob,” Daphne forced a smile at him, appreciating that he was concerned. “I’ll let Ji Hee unnie take me home then, yeah?” Daphne fibbed a bit, spitting out the first thing that came to mind that would just make him shut up.

He nodded, satisfied with Daphne’s answer. Shortly afterward, the taxi driver stopped and told them that they had arrived at Daphne’s apartment.

“Thank you,” Daphne said to the driver as she opened the door to get out. She reached in for her backpack and waved at Yoseob. “Thank you, Yoseob-ah. Goodbye.”

“Goodbye, noona!” he waved, smiling with such charm. “We will meet again!”

Daphne sent Yoseob a kind smile and left, watching the taxi drive by. Yoseob suddenly popped his head out of the window and yelled, “Get a lot of rest, noona!”

She smiled broadly and shook her head in amusement, walking up to her apartment. The moment she closed the door behind her, she immediately collapsed on the sofa. Daphne positioned herself comfortably as she thought of Yoseob. She kept seeing his face and hearing his never ending stream of questions, causing her to smile and eventually to sleep peacefully.


A/N: This was a rather boring/filler chapter but it'll get better, I promise! xD. This is mostly to show Yoseob's and Daphne's personalities in the story. (: