Night Out

Foolish

“Wow, underdressed much?” Ji Hee observed Daphne with scrutiny, eyeing her up and down while in the driver’s seat. “We’re going to a club where there will be very, very attractive guys, Daphne!”

Daphne approached Ji Hee’s sleek car and stopped in front of Ji Hee’s door, frowning slightly. “What? It’s the middle of October and I don’t want to be freezing my off!”

Self conscious, Daphne looked at herself again with the help of the car’s reflections. She was wearing denim shorts that stopped midway on her thighs, but her bare legs were hidden by the thin layer of black leggings that she thought would provide her needed warmth. Her white, lacy tank top flowed neatly below her waist, but it could hardly be seen behind the black cardigan that hugged her shoulders comfortably. The heels that Daphne wore stood at a measly three inches, barely giving her any height.

“Oh, girl,” Ji Hee sighed, looking at Daphne again with disappointment. “At least your hair and make up looks nice. You’re not allowed in my car until you lose the cardigan and leggings! The rest is...adequate.”

“Ji Hee!” Daphne whined, jumping slightly as the soft curls that laid around her shoulder bounced around. “It’s cold!” All Ji Hee could do was shake her head as she proceeded to lock the car doors, refusing any entrance. Daphne exhaled bitterly in defeat, taking off her cardigan that revealed her tank top which barely revealed her shoulders through the lace. “I don’t want to look like a...ho!”

“Daphne,” Ji Hee looked at her sternly, repressing a laugh. “You look far from a ho. Now get in the back and try to get those awful leggings off quickly before we get to the club.”

“Wait...you mean change in your car?” Daphne asked, bewildered at such a request.

“Yes! We don’t have that much time left so get in and change!”

Daphne nodded slightly against her will, but she knew Ji Hee only wanted the best for Daphne, so she complied with silence, stepping into the car as Ji Hee unlocked the car doors with content.


They stepped out of Ji Hee’s car gradually, being careful not to trip with their heels on. Daphne glanced at Ji Hee as she gained her balance, gawking. “Whoa.”

“Whoa, what?” Ji Hee asked, smoothing out the tangles in her long ponytail, motioning at Daphne to follow her.

“Aren’t you...cold?” That was the only thing that was in Daphne’s mind as she continued to stare at Ji Hee’s outfit. She wore a strapless, black mini-dress that was dangerously close to the top of her thighs, accentuating the long length of her toned legs. “How are you walking right now? Those heels look so high! As if you needed to be any taller...”

“You obviously haven’t been to enough clubs,” Ji Hee said with a smirk, getting in the line for the club, which to Daphne’s surprise, was moving along quite smoothly.

Eventually they reached at the front of the club, handing the bouncer their IDs and getting in with ease. The moment Daphne walked in she was engulfed by the flashing lights and the heavy bass of the music, the slight stench of sweat in the air. It had been so long since she had been clubbing and it was difficult at first for her to adjust to the darkness.

“Hey, I found the others!” Ji Hee exclaimed, dragging Daphne by the arm to the large group near the back of the club. “Hi, guys!”

Everyone greeted each other warmly, chatting a bit before they were to proceed to the dance floor. They all agreed to stay within the group to avoid erted creepers, exchanging phone numbers with one another just in case one of them would get lost.

“And remember,” Ji Hee said, tugging her ear lobe, “this means that you want us to save you, okay?”

“Save?” Daphne asked, causing everyone to laugh. “What?”

“You need to stop reading so many damn books and go out!” Ji Hee teased. “When I say saving, I mean dragging you away from a potential creep. Okay, now let’s go. I’m tired of talking!”

The group shifted together towards the dance floor, all holding hands as to not lose one another. They found an open space in the middle and settled on that spot, swaying their bodies to the music. Within a few minutes, most of the girls had found partners to dance with, being approached from random guys around the club.

Daphne immersed herself into the music, feeling her stress wade away as she emptied her head of any worry. Her eyes bulged out as she was forced out of her trance, feeling a pair of hands along her waist. She looked down immediately and her eyes followed the person’s arms up to his face.

“Wanna dance?” he said casually, smirking a little.

“Um...” Daphne began shyly, unsure of what to do. Her intention of going to the club wasn’t about picking up guys; it was more about letting go of any tensions that were holding back from enjoying life, so she was a bit taken aback. “No thanks.”

The guy shrugged disappointedly and tore his arms away from her waist, going off somewhere in the crowd.

“What was that?” Ji Hee asked, prodding Daphne’s arm. Ji Hee reached in the pockets of her mini dress and pulled out a flask, handing it to Daphne. “Loosen up! If guys want to dance with you then let them dance!”

“Yeah, I guess I should,” Daphne said quietly, remembering her promise to myself to make the night memorable. She downed the alcohol quickly, stinging , hoping that it would help her to have fun.

From across the club, Yoseob and his group members were dressed casually in mostly jeans and v-necks, thinking that no one would entirely recognize them in the dark lighting, but they wore hats for safe measure.

“I’m so glad we convinced Ji Yong hyung to let us go,” Doojoon chuckled as he put his arms around Yoseob and Dongwoon, exhaling proudly. “Remember: no hitting on random girls.”

“Hyung, we already know,” Dongwoon rolled his eyes, shrugging Doojoon’s arms off of his shoulders. “Can we just go dance already?”

“Arasso, let’s go,” Doojoon led his group towards the dance floor, feeling excited that the group was given a night to have fun.

Yoseob examined the club absentmindedly, following s closely. He was the only person that voted not to go here. He would have rather seen a movie or gone to an amusement park instead, but he agreed for his hyungs since they hadn’t been to the club in such a long time.

As he turned his head, he suddenly stopped abruptly, causing Kikwang, who was behind him, to bump harshly against his back.

“Yoseob!” Kikwang yelled at him, regaining his balance. “What are you doing?” The rest of the members had not noticed the absence of Kikwang and Yoseob, leaving them astray in the crowd.

“Ah, sorry,” Yoseob said hastily, his head fixated at a certain angle, his legs refusing to move.

“Aish!” Kikwang sighed in frustration, pushing his way so he was facing Yoseob to see what he was staring so intently at. “What are you doing?”

Kikwang’s queries were pushed to the side though as Yoseob continued to gaze at the beautiful girl that was dancing so fluidly. “Daphne noona?”


A/N: Hello! Told you I would update again today, hehe. This is not edited yet since my friend is here and I'm trying to hide it from him, haha so I'll be back to edit it later. Edited! Hope you enjoyed! Parts of this chapter was an actual clubbing experience, haha. Thank you guys for reading! :D