The Disease

Hate You

 

Rushing into the hospital, Seungri scanned the place for the front desk, but was in too much of a state of shock to register that it was right in front of him.  The other guys, closely behind him, caught up, and pushed Seungri towards the desk.  When they approached the counter, both ladies behind the desk let out a small gasp of disbelief.  The older woman, who was currently managing the front counter, stared wide eyed at the boys as they approached.

“Hello,” Taeyang cut into the silence, mainly seeing as how Seungri currently wasn’t able to talk, “We are looking for Lee Hanna.”

“Um, y-yes, of course,” the ajumma quickly moved to type on her keyboard, but kept glancing over at the group in front of her.  Finding what she was looking for she told them, still slightly in shock that Big Bang was here, “She is in room 608.”

“Thank you,” Taeyang told here and quickly pushed Seungri in the direction they needed to go.  T.o.P. stopped for a second and bowed, thanked her and the other woman, smiled and left.  That just left both of them in a state of complete bliss, and still utter bewilderment.  Rushing to catch up with the group, he noticed that it didn’t take long for them to find the room.  Entering to find the guys, and Seungri’s parents all gathered around the bed in the middle of the room.

“Hanna?”  Seungri’s quivering voice rang through the silent room.  Looking in the direction of Seungri, Hanna just had a blank expression.  “Hanna, it’s me, Seunghyun.  I got here as fast as I could,” everyone could tell that he was trying his best not to burst into tears.  Still nothing from Hanna.  “Hanna?  Please!  Say something!”  He cried out as his sister just looked at him.  Falling to his knees, he was at the edge of her bed crying now.

“Seunghyun,” his mother came to comfort him.  Placing an arm around him, and another hand on his shoulder, she told him in her most comforting tone, “She can’t understand you now.”

“What?”  He asked still blurry eyed.  The rest of the guys figured it was best just to leave them alone, considering it was a family issue.

“She can’t understand us right now,” his mother gasped out as she started to cry again.  Falling to the ground like her son, she covered as she let out a small wail.

Mr. Lee got up upon this, and came to comfort his wife, and explain what was going on to Seungri.  As he helped his wife into a chair in the corner of the room, he told Seungri what had happened.  “You’re sister suddenly just started complaining of a really bad headache, so we gave her some medicine, and thought nothing of it really.  That’s when she said she felt faint, and then she fell and hit her head on the counter.  She was unresponsive so we rushed her to the hospital.”

“That’s when,” Mrs. Lee interjected with another sob, but was unable to finish.

“That’s when the ran some tests, tried everything they could, but she still wouldn’t wake up.  Eventually she was able to function normally, but her speech was off.  Then she couldn’t see out of one eye, and now she can’t understand anything anyone says.  The doctors told us that it’s something called cerebral ischemia.”

“And that means?”  Seungri tried to take in all this information as he looked at his younger sister helplessly.

Mr. Lee was still unwavered as he spoke, but Seungri just figured he was trying to stay strong to help his wife, “It’s when there isn’t enough oxygen getting to the brain.  We were told that she was lucky it wasn’t  a subarachnoid hemorrhage or a intracerebral hemorrhage.  Although, the side effects are still pretty relevant from her earlier.”

“I take it one of the side effects is not understanding anything,” Seungri asked still looking into his sister’s eyes.

“Yes, not understanding spoken language, not being able to speak, numbness, vertigo, loss of vision, and blurred or double vision,” a doctor intruded into the room, and the conversation.

“Doctor,” Mrs. Lee stood up and spoke dramatically, almost as if she was acting for some drama.  Still speaking in a melodramatic tone, she asked, “Is my daughter going to be alright?”

Smiling at the woman in front of him, the doctor told her, “Well we still have a couple things to do, because the problem is cerebral ischemia, she could have some issues, but for the most part, as long as we act fast, she should be fine.”

That’s when Hanna finally spoke again, “So what is it that has to be done for me to get better?”  Everyone just looked at her, but the doctor just chuckled a little bit.

“I see you’re feeling much better at this point,” he walked over and stood at the side of her bed.  Picking up a chart that laid on the stand next to her, he looked it over, and told her, “Well it’s exactly what I thought.  It shouldn’t be too bad, all we really have to do is keep you here for a while, put you on an antiplatelet drug for now.  That should help your blood thin out, and should help with all of this.  Of course the brain damage is irreversible, but it hopefully shouldn’t inhibit you in anyway with your life.”

“Sdjdsfhrjbfwejbcuegtjkrthsd.”

“Huh?”  The doctor just suddenly looked at her.  “Alright, another ,” he quickly hit a button to call other nurses into the room to see what they could do this time, other than the medication they used earlier, which did not seem to really work.  “I need you all to clear out,” he told them as he helped Mrs. Lee up and showed the three the door as other medical help came.

The rest of the Big Bang members stood upon seeing all that was happening.  They had found seats just outside of the hospital room, and were waiting for anything that the family had to say.  Both Mr. and Mrs. Lee just took a seat as they worried and feared for their daughters safety.  Seungri just stood there and looked at his Hyungs.  As he walked by Taeyang, he just gave him a sad look and shook his head.  Understanding full well, Taeyang just patted his friend on the back, and gave him a consoling bro hug.