The Trophy

Hate You

“Dad!  For the last time!  I am not going to quit Big Bang to go run some stupid business!”  Seungri yelled into the phone.  His dad was on him again about quitting college to go join the group.

His dad pleaded from the other side of the line, “Son please!  If you don’t listen to me this is your final chance.”

“Final chance for what?”  Seungri yelled into the phone as he walked inside the house that all the members shared and tossed his keys on the side table.

“I told you,” his dad’s tone had changed, “From this point on Lee Seunghyun you are officially disowned!”  And with that final statement the line went dead.  Seungri just stood there his phone clenched in his hand.  His father sounded serious.

Anger taking over Seungri chucked his phone against the wall, picked up his keys and threw them somewhere else.  And before he even had time to grasp what he just did Seungri picked up the small trophy G-Dragon and Taeyang had won as trainiees and threw it full force against the wall, smashing it to bits.

As soon as it impacted with the wall, he knew what he had done.  Almost in tears, both from the frustration he had with his dad and the fact that G-Dragon was not going to be happy, Seungri began to pick up the pieces of what remained of the once beautiful glass figurine.

His hands a little cut up from the glass Seungri placed all the really small pieces into the trash and the larger piece back on the table where they once sat for all to see its glory.  Sitting down on the couch Seungri began to cry even more.  But once the tears had stopped that’s when everyone else came home.

“Hey Seungri!  Man where were you?  We’ve been worried sick!”  G-Dragon told him, “Every time anyone tried to call you, it went straight to voicemail.”  And that’s when he saw it.  Too shocked to even speak G-Dragon walked right over to Seungri, who still hadn’t said a word, and pulled his Maknae off the couch violently and began shouting at him.

“GD!”  T.o.P. shouted at his friend who now had the youngest in his grip and was shaking him by the collar of his shirt.

T.o.P. pulled the two apart G-Dragon gave his friend a dirty look and told him, “I will never forgive you!”  And grabbed his keys and walked out.  Driving off the rest of the group just sat there not knowing what to do.  They had seen G-Dragon mad, but never like this.  Sure the trophy was special to him, but did he really have to go as far as he did?