5. Gone Too Soon

My Desperate Boyfriend Wannabe [ON HIATUS]
Please log in to read the full chapter

(Credits to http://weheartit.com/alisonmaguire for the lovely picture! :'3 you'll know why I used this as you guys continue reading ;3)

Aloha people! :'3 HURRAH FOR NEW SUBSCRIBERS! \m/ welcome to the party! >:3 and thank you so so so very much! *w*

So I wasn't able to update yesterday as plannned. Whoever thought summer errands existed? =.=

A big THANK YOU to everyone who has been supporting this story, especially to those who leave comments down below. I really like reading all of them! *w*

Don't forget to play the song when you see the hearts(♥♥♥)! :'3

-----------------------------------------

 

*Minho’s POV*

I felt my whole body heat up with anger. My eyes seemed to match his glare. I turned to Soojung. “You know this guy?!” I said. She didn’t answer. Instead, she continued to struggle as she tried to free herself from my grip.

The frail looking boy charged at me with a surprisingly great amount of strength. He pushed me so hard, I almost dragged Soojung along down to the ground. She took advantage of my fall and opened the gate of her house frantically, leaving it open as she ran inside. In my attempt to stand up and follow, I felt a pang on my right cheek that almost rattled my teeth. He threw punches at me as he kept me pinned to the ground. Fortunately, I managed to reverse the situation and do the same.

I didn’t know how long that fight lasted, but I’m pretty sure it lasted long enough for both of us to look awfully ugly. I didn’t care. I couldn’t stomach the thought of Soojung replacing me with a guy like this. This guy?! Heck no. I don’t buy it Soojung-ah.

 

Just then, I felt water hit me real hard at the back. I whisked around to see where it came from, but it aimed at my face. I lost hold of my opponent as I tried to cover myself. Then I saw him get hit as well.

It was Soojung with a huge water hose at hand, sadistically aiming at us with strong blows of freakin’ cold water. It was so strong, we could barely get up. Eventually we had to cry out to ask her to stop. “Go away, both of you!” she demanded as she took in heavy breaths. “Soojung-ah” we both called at once. “I SAID GO AWAY!” she shouted, shooting at us once again. And with that we separated, and ran like hell.

 

*Soojung’s POV*

“Stupid jerks! Fighting in front of my house like that.” I grunted as I slammed the door behind me. I kicked my shoe across the living room and almost hit my mom as she came out the restroom.

“Whoa.” She said as she dodged my shoe. “Bad day?” she asked.

“Don’t even ask.” I said as I took off my blazer. I looked at my mother and saw her wearing her favorite navy blue dress. “Well what do we have here?” I teased as I crossed my arms over my chest. “Looks like someone’s ready to party.”

“I have a date tonight.” She said as she put on her pearl earrings. “I forgot to tell you, honey. Mianhae.” She said apologetically.

“Don’t be. You’ve been dating that guy for like, what, five months now. It’s pointless to be sorry this late.” I said jokingly. My mother laughed. I like hearing her laugh. It’s so childlike and soothing to the ears.

She took a deep breath and faced me. “Well? How do I look?” she asked. “You look beautiful, mom.” I said. She walked towards me and tucked my messy hair behind my ears. She held my hands with an apologetic smile.

“Soojung-ie, I want you to always remember that I will never replace your father.”

“I know that mom.”

“I just… I’m scared of the future. What’s  gonna happen to me when I’m old and wrinkly and disgusting? Who would be there?”

“I’ll never leave you alone.” I protested.

“Oh, I know you won’t. But I don’t want you to worry about me. You have your whole life ahead of you, and I don’t want to ruin that. It’s the only reason why I agreed with this dating thing you set me up with.”

“Mhm. That explains why you’re stuck with this guy.” I laughed. She laughed along. “I want you to be happy, mom. You deserve to be.”

She smiled, exposing her dimples. “I love you, sweetie.” She said as she kissed my forehead. “I love you too mom.” I replied. “Which is why you have to get out of here NOW or you’ll be late for your date!” I grabbed her purse, gave it to her and pushed her out the door.

“Food’s in the fridge, sweetie.”

“Ok, mom.”

“Don’t forget to lock the door.”

“Alright.”

“And get to bed early!”

“Ok! Geez, I got it!” I replied, acting irritated. "Have fun with your date!” I waved at her as she blew kisses back at me.

 

---

<
Please log in to read the full chapter