3. Someone Else

My Desperate Boyfriend Wannabe [ON HIATUS]
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hey everybody! :'3 So yah the third chapter's done. And ohmigawsh I see alot of request for Minstal, and confusion over Krystal's "short-term memory" XD kyaaa~ here we will see what really happened :'3

 

And for Minstal shippers... really, it breaks my heart because I'm a shipper myself T__________T BUT the show must go on! >:3

We have a couple of songs for this chapter... Play them when you see the hearts(♥♥♥)! :'3

 

Enjoy! :P

(Oh and thanks to google for the fountain :)))) )

-----------------------------------------

 

*Soojung POV*

Lee Taemin. He always did look at me that way whenever our eyes met. Like it was some sort of miracle my eyes would land on him. And he would just stare with surprised wondering eyes. Almost as if they’re asking, “You’re looking at me?” or maybe, “You can see me?” or maybe even…

 

“You remember?”

 

--Flashback--

“I hate you!” Sulli blurted with a missing front tooth, spitting on my face in the process.

“Well, I hate you too!” I fought back with my hands on my waist.

“I hate you more!”

“No, I hate you more!”

“I HATE YOU MOSTEEEEST!”

“… mostest?” I wondered, almost forgetting about our fight.

“Quit changing the subject!” she grunted with a red face. “Oppa is mine so stop being around him! We’re getting married when we grow up and we’re gonna live in a big house with lotsa flowers and candy!”

“What are you talking about?!” I asked, completely lost.

“Stay away from Taemin Oppa! Or else!” she shouted.

♥♥♥ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZg2JnfVCjg) 

I was taken aback. Taemin was always there for me when I cried. He was always ready with a pack of strawberry milk and a bright smile. But when Sulli said she was going to marry Taemin when they grew up it just… changed things.

 

I really didn’t care about what other people thought of me, but I always wondered what I was like in his eyes. Why he was always nice to me. Why he was always at arm’s length whenever I needed someone to hear all my ranting about how I hated the girls in our class. Finding out that he was the reason why I was bullied made me just… angry. And confused. Maybe even a little jealous. I felt cheated.It was his fault all this time? I thought. So I started to hate him.

 

At a very young age, I was taught by my dad not to let anyone step on me. If I got hurt, I had to fight. I had to show my enemy that they can’t do that to me. I was taught that as long as I wasn’t the first to hit, I was always on the right side. So I planned to get back on Taemin for hurting me like that.

I was determined to make him lose his future wife-Sulli, and me. I wanted to make him feel alone. So I stopped talking to him. Whenever I’d remember how nice he was to me, I’d start calling him different names in my head so I could stop thinking about him. Because whenever I missed him, I’d forget why I was mad.

 I befriended Sulli by telling her how pretty she looked in different hairstyles. A little later I told her about why cousins can’t marry each other (It’s disgusting, like sharing your toys with your big brother, and him taking over all of your candy, and kissing, etc.) She cried a little, but I said I will always be there for her. Eventually I forgot all about my plot of revenge on Taemin and became friends with Sulli for real. And soon enough, our paths were in totally different directions – he had his own life, and I had mine. It didn’t even take that long for me to forget his name.

Looking back at everything now, I admit I was a little too mean to him. And pathetic. I wonder if he ever even knew I was mad at him. Now that I think about it, I wonder how we could’ve been if I hadn’t done what I did. Would we still be good friends? Would I still have been friends with Sulli? What if I tried to be friends with him again now? I felt my lips curl into a small smile that read “ridiculous.” It would be too awkward. It’s been too long, and I’m sure much has changed since then.

 

---

“Soojung-ah!” Sulli said, snapping her fingers in my face.

“Eung?”

“You were day dreaming again. What were you thinking about?”

“I was…” I thought as Sulli leaned in closer to my face. She wouldn’t believe me if I said it was nothing. “I was thinking about what club to join for this year’s Talent Fest!” I said. I always did have a knack for making up excuses on the spot.

“Oh yeah, that’s gonna start next week right?” asked Sulli. “Where will you be joining?”

“Mhm. I haven’t decided yet. You?”

“I don’t know. Maybe I’ll just watch everybody and help around with Key.” She said. Sometimes I forget that Sulli’s one of the editors of our school paper.

“Where’s Luna by the way?” I asked.

“She’s head of the Music Club, remember? She’s preparing with the other club leaders so she won’t be with us for lunch ‘til next week.” She answered, making me scoff at myself as I realize that I was the only one without a “job” at school among the three of us. But then again I wouldn’t want more attention brought to me in any way. Key has already covered that by marking me as the school’s “Ulzzang” together with Minho. Like, what does that even mean?

“Attention all students. Please proceed to the gymnasium immediately for the Talents Fest opening meeting.”  We heard from the school speakers scattered in the hallways. “Omo~ why so sudden?” I thought aloud as Sulli shrugged. We stood up from our table and went.

By now the gym was filled with students buzzing about the coming school event. It didn’t take long before we spotted Key roaming around with his camera around his neck. We waved at him and he came over. “Well, aren’t you two looking gorgeous today?” He said with a girly grin as he clasped his hands together. “And you know what that means!” Key gasped. “Gorgeousness equals MANY FREAKIN’ SELCAS!”

I looked at Sulli with a pout that said “Do we really have to?” and she replied with a gaze that said “Please, please, please, pretty please?” And with that Key stood between us. “Squeeze yourselves in closer, women! Hana, deul, set!” He took a gazillion more of us after that. Yes a gazillion. I counted.

“Hey wait a sec,” He stopped. “How come only half of the ulzzang coupl

Please log in to read the full chapter