Traditional vs. Non-Traditional

110690's Graphics + Resources

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, it's lesson time. Guess what we're discussing today,  guys!?!?!? "Traditional" posters and "non-traditional" posters. Those are in quotes cause hell, there's no such thing as a real definition for traditional and non-traditional. We'll cover when it's appropriate to go all vague and modern in comparison to the good ol', good ol'.

 

First up, the "traditional" poster.

My definition of something "traditional" would be the poster showing the main characters, having some stock images that go with the story, maybe throwing in a quote or two. It's basic, it covers what it needs to, and it's all good. This is your go-to type of poster! When in doubt, traditional it out, my friend. If you're making requests for people, make them this type of poster. Yep. All good. The only difficulty with this type of poster is finding all of the images you're gonna use. And blending. That takes time.

 

And our friend here, the "non-traditional" poster.

(shout out to anyone who knows where the title is from)

This is the bad boy that you wouldn't normally make for a poster request and you definitely won't find it on a normal story. You know it's not the 100% expected poster anyone would make. What make this different from the normal poster? Everything. Dude, staring at this poster, the only hint you have at what the hell it might be about is the title. The picture, blending, and textures are not helpful at all. Not one bit. The only time I would say to go all out and make a poster like this is for a story of your own that has a damn good plot. And when you make one of these, speak through colors. For example, if it's black and white, it better be a damn mysterious story. You don't look at that poster and think it's gonna be a cutesy story, do you? Didn't think so.

 

So what exactly was the lesson here?

I have no idea.

But now you know what type of poster you should be making. And you know you can challenge yourself with something strange and unique.

The "non-traditional" poster is a good way to go to give your story an extra something.

 

Okay, I hope this chapter was somewhat fun. You know how I like to ramble on about techniques and lessons :')

I had fun doing this.

 

Next chapter is gonna be a tutorial, okay? Poll time!

 

 

Thank you, and I'll see you next time :--)

 

PS Add me as a friend guys I have like 3 friends :----(