{eight} i'm so curious.. yeah!

Honesty is the Key {/not mine}

I ran to Ji-Eun who was shaking in fear, still holding the bloodied rock. I held her in my arms as we sank to the ground in tears. Police had later been called and took Onew, Taemin and Minho to the station. Ji-Eun and I were both asked question relating to the night. After the medical examiner had looked over us both, we walked home. By then the sun was rising and we saw both our mothers (and my father) with a worried expression, at Ji-Eun’s house. I asked what they were doing here and they told us to come inside.

 

We were offered something to drink. Ji-Eun’s mother no longer had an angry expression when she looked at me, but an expression of gratitude. But there was still a wall that blocks me from gaining her trust.

“Omma what’s going on?” asked Ji-Eun. Her mother’s face went dark and tears began to fall from her eyes. Immediately, Ji-Eun began to hug her mother in attempts to cheer her up. “Omma I’m fine” reassured Ji-Eun. But that wasn’t the issue at hand. I looked over at my mother and she began to speak.

“I know you both have suffered enough today, so I want to prepare you both for what I’m about to tell you” she said.

“What? What is it? Does this have anything to do with why Ji-Eun doesn’t remember me?” I asked. She nodded and my father held her hand to help guide my mother in hopes that she’d get over her shame.

“I…. I had an affair when you were young. It was with Ji-Eun’s father.” She said. My face went red and I immediately gave a stare to my mother that made her start to cry. “The affair, resulted in JI-Eun’s parents’ divorce and her leaving you when you were small”

“I can’t believe this, the reason why my parents have separated is because of your mother” cried Ji-Eun. Filled with frustration she ran upstairs to her bedroom and the loud crash sound of her bedroom door was heard after that.

“Why haven’t you told me about this? And why doesn’t Ji-Eun remember me?” I asked

“It was difficult, after Ji-Eun’s father left; I knew that the only thing leading me back to your mother was you. That is why I took Ji-Eun away from your school and destroyed any evidence of your friendship.

My face saddened and I began to stress.

Will Ji-Eun ever be able to forgive me?

 I thought to myself for a while, after the parents finished talking, I went outside alone for some air. With my hands behind my head, I punched the car in anger, causing the alarm to go off. This story reminded me of English class where we learnt about Romeo and Juliette. On that thought, I looked up towards Ji-Eun’s window seeing her disappointed expression. I tried calling out to her, begging for her forgiveness but she couldn’t hear me. So I grabbed a rock and began to carve words onto the pavement on the street.

I wrote “Gesuammnida” and as I did so, Ji-Eun grabbed a pen and paper and wrote “It’s okay”. With a smile I began to write again. Jokingly, I asked what she was doing now. She wrote “LOL” on the paper and actually appeared to laugh.

In my last attempt I drew a huge love heart and wrote “Saranghaeyo” with a double infinity sign inside of it. As I looked up, I no longer saw Ji-Eun. Wondering where she went, I looked down and saw her run from the entrance to her house. She flew into my arms like the angel she was and whispered in my ear “I love you too”. We then kissed passionately on the street in the middle of our love heart. At this point on, I knew that I would be with her forever.