{five} romeo

Honesty is the Key {/not mine}

For the next couple of weeks, I continually saw the same terrible sight. The guys; Taemin, Minho and Onew, continually try to ask out Ji-Eun. Thankfully, she turned down their requests repeatedly, but these guys never gave up. To me, they were like mosquitos annoyingly your blood, but instead they sought the attention of Ji-Eun.

Why wouldn’t they? She’s gorgeous.

Like the single flower which blooms over the wilting weeds, she overshadows the three pests. One afternoon, she actually sat next to me during music. I still remember that day as if it were yesterday.

 

I sat alone in the corner of the room as Chin Ho was away and I could not afford to sit next to one of the “Three Amigos”. Sitting there with a blank mind, I saw the chair next to me pull outwards, which then followed the slump of someone sitting down as if they did not want to be there. I tried to see the persons face, but it was covered by long black hair. When she looked up, I saw that it was Ji-Eun. Astounded by this revelation, I opened my mouth to ask her a question, but before words could escape, my eyes locked onto the tears that streamed down her cheek. I reached into the front zip of my bag, which was where I kept my tissues for convenience, and wipe away her tears. She looked at me with a saddened expression and fell into my arms. By doing so she caused almost everyone, including Miss Sunny to turn around and observe this strange scene. As class continued, I felt three pairs of eyes locked on me and Ji-Eun, without even looking back I knew who they were.  Then as her head rose, a lips distance away from mine, I asked her what was wrong. She wept away her sorrows with the tissues that I’d given her, and told me that her father, who had divorced her mother around the time she left year two, had remarried. The bell for recess rang shortly after and I asked her if she wanted to talk with me sometime after school. She smiled and said yes.