{one} my return

Honesty is the Key {/not mine}

The flowers bloomed as the beauty of Spring seemed to rejuvenate and energise those living in the city of Daegu. I recently returned from a water skiing competition which I took first place in, and I knew that this semester to be the start of high school, which meant that I had to endure the lifestyle of new friends, enemies and teachers (most of which fell into the enemies category). It was going to be tough but there was one thing that provided hope for my future, or should I say someone. Her name was Lee Ji-Eun, and I had known her ever since preschool up to the second grade, before she left school and moved unexpectedly. I had never found the courage to talk to her, but seeing as we were going to endeavour a new stage of our lives together, I decided to be brave, to be strong, to be almighty!

 

As I got off the bus that took me right outside my house, I could see my mother and father watching television through the window. After I waved goodbye to my skiing instructor, as he distanced himself from my home, within the bus, I turned to see my mother running from the front door and hugging me as she did so.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo omma!" I said to her, but she was too excited to reply. My father was standing in the doorway, smiling happily as I showed him my gold medal.

"Annyeonghaseyo appa" I said as I bowed to my father. My parents and I then sat down for dinner, and my mother said that she had already bought my school uniform and equipment needed for my first day. It was hard to believe that I would be starting tomorrow.