5. Commander Seo

Born To Beat: One Shot Collection

“Alright.” Yeonjin panted, loading another clip of bullets into her gun.

“We’re down ten. Before Seungho was shot he counted seven left on their side.”

Dongho nodded. “Cover me.”, she took a deep breath and peeked over the protective edge of the padded foam block.



“I don’t see anyone.” she whispered, biting her lip.

He motioned towards a man of theirs, he was already out, Jinsuk was his name.

Jinsuk looked at his gun, then back at them, silently signaling for them to take it.

Yeonjin nodded, “Get ready to shoot.” she told Dongho.

Tumbling over swiftly, she took the gun and slipped it into an open slot on her belt.



Jinsuk saluted her as she and Dongho continued moving.

“We’re the last two on the blue side Commander.” Dongho reported quietly.

Yeonjin sighed, “Okay, let’s take these es out.”

“I heard that.” She smiled hearing Eunkwang’s voice in her ear.

“Shouldn’t you be on your own radio channel, specifically for the red team, Commander?” she smirked.



“Or have you resorted to spying since you know that it is impossible to beat my team.”

Eunkwang chuckled, “Don’t be so full of it, I’ll find you and your subordinate soon, just wait.”

“Care to make that interesting?” she scanned the area, both Dongho and her cocking their guns.

“Same as last time?” he asked.



Yeonjin spotted Hyunsik’s shoe and nudged Dongho.

“Deal.” she said.

He aimed carefully for the target and shot once, getting him. As Hyunsik’s gun fell the rest of the red team attacked, shooting aimlessly.



Dongho and Yeonjin jumped up, hitting four of them in one shot.

“Four down.” Dongho said, “Two minutes left Commander.”

They stood back to back, circling the area. “I don’t see them.” she shook lightly.

“Behind you.” Eunkwang spoke in her ear.

Yeonjin abruptly spun around and shot three times into the empty space.



“!” she yelled and turned back, Dongho was on the ground lightly holding up his pistol towards her.

“Behind you.” he whispered.

Yeonjin kicked behind her, hitting Changsub. He stumbled backwards, his gun spewing out bullets from him pressing on the trigger.



She shot once, hitting the target and tossed the empty gun. Time was running out, if she was going to get out of this a winner she

needed to find Eunkwang.

Walking out to the center she turned at every sound.

“COME OUT EUNKWANG!” she shouted, “TAKE IT LIKE A MAN!”

“Don’t test me.”



Yeonjin spun around, meeting his pointed gun. She kicked it out of his hand and they fought hand to hand. Eunkwang swooped his foot

under her legs and she fell, quickly doing the same to him. Groaning from landing on his stomach he spotted his gun and crawled to it.

Yeonjin saw and kicked it farther away, pulling out her own.



He jumped up and lifted her hands up, letting the clip empty out as she shot. He threw a punch to her stomach and she doubled over.

Yeonjin used a pillar as leverage and was able to kick him in the chest. He landed on his back, right next to his gun.



They both stood up, drawing both of their weapons.

“Give up Yeonjin~” he said with a smirk.

“Over my dead body.” she kept her eyes on him.

They circled each other, “Ten seconds.” he sang.

At the same time they both aimed at the others chest and pulled the trigger, only to have them realize that both guns were out.



Eunkwang chuckled as did Yeonjin. They tossed their guns and she smiled, swiftly taking out the one Jinsuk had given her. Without

hesitation she aimed and shot, making him fall.

“SIMULATION TERMINATED. WINNER: BLUE TEAM.”


“You .” he looked up at her.

“What’s with the sweet talk?” she giggled, lending out her hand.

He took it, sighing as he straightened up.

Everyone emerged from their fallen spots on the obstacle course and applauded.

“Congratulations Commander Lee.” Their training captain stepped out.

They both stood at attention, hands behind their back.

“Thank you sir.” she looked straight ahead.



“Commander Seo.” he raised a brow at Eunkwang.

“Yes sir?” he gulped.

The captain gave an amused smile, “You should spend more time with Commander Lee, you could learn a thing or two from her.”

“I will sir.” Eunkwang looked at her from the corner of his eye.

He nodded, “Trainees, dismissed!”



As he walked away they both relaxed.

Eunkwang shook his head, “What~?” she pouted.

“You totally cheated.” he gave his gun over to Ilhoon and walked away.

“I did not!” she followed him, handing Dongho and Jinsuk back their pistols.

He entered the men’s locker room and she continued following, not caring who was in there.



“It’s called a tactic!” she said defensively.

He hid his smirk, knowing that she would get mad.

“Whatever you say.” he took off his sweat matted black beater and wiped off the streams of moisture with a towel.

“That’s not fair!” she shoved his shoulder.



“Mhm.” he pulled on another shirt and slipped on a button down.

“Stop messing with me!” Yeonjin whined.

Eunkwang chuckled and turned around to face the pouting girl.

“I’m just kidding.” he pecked her cheek. “Now, I think I owe you, you did win.”

She beamed, “Dinner wherever you want.”, Eunkwang smiled.

“Let’s not go out tonight.” Yeonjin yawned.



“Take out and a movie?” he hugged her by the waist.

“Hm. Please?” she leaned her head on his chest.

“Whatever you want.” he kissed her forehead.

With his arm around her shoulders they both walked out of the locker room, a calm night together ahead of them.