The Agreement.

Forbbiden Secret

           We stayed silent most of the way, and before I knew it I was standing in front of my house. I turned around wanting to thank Jolin, and maybe hug her to show that I believe. I turned around to find that she was already gone, wondering when she had left I squinted into the distance wondering if she’s hiding somewhere. No luck, I turned back around and headed for the door, as I wrapped my hands around the knob I felt a cold vibe like my hand was sunk into a bucket of ice. Something’s not right. I hurried and opened the door. Everything looked right, but all the lights where off. Could mom have gone out and left a note somewhere? I walked over into the kitchen in search of the note my mom might have left, no luck, maybe it’s in my room. I took slow and steady steps upstairs towards my room, and again as I touched the knob gently with my finger tips the same icy vibe washed over the tips of my fingers, stinging like a mild frostbite. I slowly opened my room door it was dark like the rest of the house and quite. I looked around in my room for a note, but again no luck. Instead I found an envelope. Would mom leave an envelope telling me she’s gone out? Not very likely, I cautiously walked over to the side of my bed where the envelope was carefully laid out on a pillow. Carefully I brushed my hands over the envelope. It was the exact same frostbite feeling. I brought my finger back to me putting it in my mouth hoping to warm it up. Once I could feel my fingers again I tried picking up the envelope hoping I can ignore my senses for a min. This time the frosty feeling didn’t bother me as much but was still obviously there. I moved my fingers up to the opening of the envelope, lifting up the fold. It looked like a picture inside. I slowly slid the picture out of the envelope to examine it. As soon as I saw it I dropped down to my knees in deep sobs, not sure what I can do anymore. I hurried and gathered up my courage to pick up the picture again, the picture of my mom blindfolded tied up with hints of scars up the length of her arms and legs showing the struggle she put up before being captured. I forced myself to examine the picture more carefully hoping for any clues that might help me save mom. No luck, I flipped the picture over to find a neatly scribbled letter. “6:00pm sharp, in the warehouse by the lake you love.” I hurried and grabbed my jacket and rushed downstairs searching for anything that would protect me, but the best thing I could find was dad’s pocket blade, with its intricate designs just like the vines that draped around Jolin. I snapped out of my world, this was obviously not a time to remember dad. I ran out of the door and ran as fast as my legs could go, down to the lake.

“MOM! WHERE ARE YOU CAN YOU HEAR ME?” I shouted at the top of my lungs as soon as I got close to the warehouse.
                There was a long silence, nobody replied. Could this be a trap for me, what about mom, where could she be? I cautiously moved closer to the door to the warehouse. Gently touching the knob wondering if I’ll get the same icy tingle I did at home. Sure enough, the bitter cold was there.
“Why, you’re early, couldn’t wait to see me?” Came a husky whisper from behind.
“You...what did you do to my mom,” I recognized the voice right away, having no doubt I turned around and stared him right in the eye, the man who killed my father.
“Aw...my dear don’t give me that glare, it’s quite... menacing,” Jay smirked teasingly.
“Shut up! Where is my mom!” I demanded showing no fear, though I was as scared as a kitten in a pool.
“Don’t worry love, she’s inside breathing, but quite frightened don’t you agree?” He smirked again like this was fun for him.
“What do you want from her she has nothing to do with anything, let her go,” As soon as I finished I rushed towards the door to find mom.
“Whoa, whoa, whoa, not so fast my love, there’s something I’d like in exchange,” Jay said quickly stepping between me and the door.
“What do you want,” I asked impatient yet frightened for what he will ask.
“You, my love,” He said again with his confident smirk.
“Wha..what do you mean me,” I stammered, did he want my life? What was it that he wanted from me?
“Not much, I just want you to be my girl, I promise I’ll treat you well” he said as if he’s done this a million times.
“What do you mean “your girl”...” I took a step away from him.
“Like you know girlfriend, boyfriend? Not too complicated,” he took a step towards me, with his confident smirk held in place.
“So if I agree to this, you’ll leave my mother alone?” I asked taking another step back.
“Of course, I promise I’ll leave your mother as long as you become my lover,” Jay finalized sounding a bit irritated.
“Ok, you swear you’ll let my mother go?” I asked confirming our new agreement.

“Yup,” This time Jay stepped forward without hesitating he placed a gentle yet icy kiss.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sorry for the long wait hope you enjoy new chapter @_@