On My Own.

Forbbiden Secret

 

                I shivered as I pulled my covers tightly around me. Wait, it shouldn’t be this cold in my room, the heaters on. I sat up and looked towards my window, as expected, open. I sighed and got out of bed and headed towards my window. Looking out my window to check and see if anyone was outside. None, but I found a bunch of vines hanging down from my window sill, I wonder why. I don’t remember ever planting any sort of vine related plants, or even plant anything at all. Without thinking too much about it I closed my window shut and made sure it was locked this time, maybe Jay didn’t lock it when he left last night. Since I was already awake I might as well stay awake. I decided to go downstairs and check on mother. I walked over to my door, only to find it stuck. I tried to push and pull on it but it wouldn’t budge, something is not right. I take a few steps back and bang against the door hoping it’ll budge some, it does, I try a few more times until finally my door comes loose. Once the door came open I realized why I was stuck. There were vines everywhere; they covered the walls, the doors, even the stairs. I carefully climbed down the twisted vines to find more vines, it seemed like the only room that wasn’t covered in vines was mine. I slowly made my way to mom’s room only to find some sort of demented zombie looking person hovering over mom’s face. I was ready to scream but it seemed like she didn’t know I was there. I took tiny steps to the side, trying as best as I could to walk out of the things perspective. Then I remembered, I was standing in a bunch of vines. *Crackle*, leaves and twigs were snapping as my foot landed in the massive gathering of vines. The creature looked up quickly; recognition passed her eyes for one second and disappeared. It was Jolin, I didn’t know what to do, I just stared blankly at her, at those beady eyes, her face, now melted, ugly, and hungry. Confused, I looked from her to mother.
“What did you to my mom.....” was all I could say. As the only thing Jolin did was hiss angrily at my face.
“HEY!” someone called out nearby.
                As quickly as Jolin heard it she went flying right past me towards whoever called out. Without looking where I rushed forward to check if mom was ok. Sighing in relief, she was ok, just looking a bit pale. Not wanting to stay any longer I gently nudged mom, hoping she’ll wake up. After a few more nudges she shoots straight up in bed, eyes red, glaring at me. This time letting into my fear, I screamed.
                Suddenly feeling arms wrap around me, I stop screaming finding myself back in my room. The arms felt icy cold, it was jay.
“Feeling better?” Jay let go, looking at my face now.
“What,” I moved away from him and out of bed to check if there were still vines outside. None, I dreamed it all. Why did Jolin seem like the threat now....shouldn’t it be Jay? I’m so confused.
“Let’s go on a date, it’s Sunday, I want to do something before you start school tomorrow.” Jay stated without even asking if I was ok with it.
“Um... I need to ask my mom,”
“I’ve already asked she said ok”
“What?!” I asked surprised staring at Jay, eyes wide.
“I already prepared everything for you, you have nothing to worry about just follow me,” Jay smirked confidently like when I first met him.
“You didn’t do anything to my mom did you?” I asked cautiously. Hoping that my dream was just a sign from Jolin, to warn me to keep my mother safe from him.
“Of course not, I promised didn’t I?” His arms crossed, looking a bit annoyed that I still don’t believe him, and I don’t.
“Fine,” I give in reluctantly.
“OK! Hurry get dressed,” Jay practically jumped for joy.
“Alright, what do you want me to wear? You never know what you’d want me to do, I might as well just be prepared to die.” I said as a matter of fact, turning to my closet.
“Something sporty,” Jay answered completely ignoring what I added on.
“Why, you going to kill me on a hike?”
“....No, I wouldn’t do that to you, you should remember that,”
“Well, never know, you did kill my father, and hurt my mother,”
“........Sorry,” Jay whispered so softly, that I started feeling a bit guilty for being so harsh on him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

=] enojy hopfully